Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Girls Night - Much Better I Thought - 3/5/08

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Girls Night - Much Better I Thought - 3/5/08 Empty
PostSubject: Girls Night - Much Better I Thought - 3/5/08   Girls Night - Much Better I Thought - 3/5/08 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 11:55 pm

Girls Night - Much Better I Thought - 3/5/08 42519 Hello all, well I am in a much better mood tonight for a couple of reasons. One, I took a nap this afternoon which caught me up on my sleep (I have been a gambling fool for the last few nights). Two, while I get tired of some of the same songs being sung over and over, at least the girls held my interest tonight. Ryan mentions the pressure is intense before he gives us his hellos and introduces the judges but I firmly believed as he was saying this who I thought might be in the top 6 girls and my original thoughts are still the same after having viewed the performances. So here are my rankings of each girl's moment in the spotlight.

Girls Night - Much Better I Thought - 3/5/08 316708 Asiah Epperson is our first girl and right away I am taken with how up-to-date she looks in her pink top and light pants. She is singing a Whitney Houston song (which of course gives me a moment of pause as it is usually bad news from the judges). However surprise, her rendition of "I Want To Dance With Somebody" is quite good. She sounds great and shows lots of energy. Both Randy and Paula give it high praise but of course our Simon is not so enthused but what the heck does he know anyway. I really liked it. My grade: A

:surprised: Our next girl does not impressed me as much even though she was one of my original favorites. Kady Molloy is singing "Who Wants To Live Forever" by Queen. My first thought is wrong song choice but Kady does not do too bad with it but while she is singing I got the gloomiest feeling. She has a decent voice but I was not blown away by this performance at all. Randy calls it pretty good, Paula calls it her best performance and that is sort of true but Simon mentions her lack of personality and I think that is what will send her home this week. My grade: B-

Girls Night - Much Better I Thought - 3/5/08 924272 Finally Amanda Overmeyer gives one of the best performances she has ever done singing Joan Jett's "I Hate Myself For Loving You". She looks great in her jeans, black top and scarves and actually gave me chills as she gives a very controlled rocker performance. Stage presence was also very good. Even the judges, especially Simon really liked this with Simon going so far to call it fantastic. Maybe he does know a little something after all because I totally agreed with his thoughts. My grade: A

Girls Night - Much Better I Thought - 3/5/08 833804 Okay I have enjoyed Carly Smithson up to now on her previous performances but tonight I can not totally say that. First I think the song choice was not a good one. (Uh oh, here I go agreeing with Simon again). Doing Cyndi Lauper's "I Drove All Night" I thought she sounded too soft in the beginning of the song. She did hit the big notes but overall I did hear some pitch problems. It was a decent vocal but again I was not blown away. Randy and Paula thought it was good enough. My grade: B

Girls Night - Much Better I Thought - 3/5/08 76735 I'm with Randy thinking Journey is one of the best bands of the 80's. So listening to Kristy Lee Cook give their song "Faithfully" a country twang seemed all wrong to me. Simon called her forgettable and I kind of agree because she can sing but I feel no excitement when she does. To add to this she was definitely pitchy in several places throughout the song. Her stance like she is riding a horse is also a turn-off to me personally. Randy kind of liked it but I was stunned that Paula could think this could be a hit in the country field. My thought, no way. My grade: C

Girls Night - Much Better I Thought - 3/5/08 201170 I really like Ramiele Malubay because she is so cute and sweet but I feel tonight was not one of her better performances. Singing "Against All Odds" by Phil Collins (please retire this song!), she was just okay for me. It was a decent vocal but she has one major issue that definitely needs work and that is her stage presence. She just stands there and I feel no real excitement from her. All the judges thought she was basically good. Paula said she deserves to make the top 6 and I agree because she can sing but I do not think she will last long if she does not start putting some oomph into her performances. My grade: B

wiggle Brooke White is singing Pat Benatar's "Love is a Battlefield" and right away I am thinking oh no. She has only an acoustic guitar while she sits on the steps to sing. Frankly I thought this was one of her better vocals but my problem is I am getting sick of the mellow folksy vibe I keep getting from her. She does make the song her own and as mentioned I kind of liked it. Does she blow me away? I have to say no. The judges on the other hand felt it was interesting and did like it. Simon calls it a great performance but I would not go that far. My grade: B+

clap A definite surprise in the form of Syesha Mercado as she also is singing a Whitney Houston song entitled "Savin All My Love". My surprise is she actually was quite good with this performance. Very controlled and for once no actual screaming the lyrics. I really liked it a lot and so did the judges. My grade: A

Girls Night - Much Better I Thought - 3/5/08 839840 I thought the girls were much better as I mentioned before. Who do I think should go: Definitely Kristy Lee Cook and Kady Molloy. Hope fully this will be the case as the other girls are more deserving of the top 6 spot. Tomorrow will be a long day as I am sure I will be so anxious to find out who survives this week.

So in bidding you a Girls Night - Much Better I Thought - 3/5/08 296366 I look forward to your thoughts!
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Girls Night - Much Better I Thought - 3/5/08   Girls Night - Much Better I Thought - 3/5/08 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 7:45 am

I saw this and winced - Kady is terrible. *shivers*
~tyg
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

PostSubject: Re: Girls Night - Much Better I Thought - 3/5/08   Girls Night - Much Better I Thought - 3/5/08 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 11:05 am

Thanks so much CC it's a wonderful recap and in most of your opinions I agree..

I loved loved Asia'h, This is what is missing from David A, the pep the bounce the smile and the JOY that Asia'h shows when she sings is so refreshing and it makes her so much better. Just love this gal and loved her performance, Was happy Simon thinks she'll be in the top 12.

DID NOT like Kady's song choice at all, I think this song was way way to big for her and all I kept remembering was how well Kat did it in season 5 and I do love this song and the movie with which the sound track is for, Kady is another David A, NO JOY in their voice at all. Rumor has it she's on the hit list for tonight.

Amanda, not much I can say about her, She did better this week than last I think But I don't like her voice everything she sings seems to be heading to a Janice Japlin song.

Carly, I just do not like this gal, I do not think her voice is that great and I really do not understand why the judges think she's so great. JMO

Kristi, is another one that could go home and it wouldn't bother me to much, her style bothers me for some reason, it's like she think she's better than others or something, Oh heck maybe it's the fact she sold her pet horse to drive across the country to audition when she could have auditioned in Nev or Ca. ha ha Kidding of course.

Ramiele had a bad night for sure, she sounded very off and uncertain of what she was singing, Didn't care for her last night at all, but I do agree she has a wonderful voice and is as cute as anything.

Again did not like Brooke, didn't like the song,or the approch or anything about it, I'm fussy what can I say, she did not impress me at all tonight, but it's ok she's not one of my favorite.

Syeisha, did a great job but again she sounded off for some reason tonight like Ramiele she sounded a bit uncertain but again that's my opinion.

All in all I think the gals did pretty good, not great but good, and for me Asia'h was the best.

Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Girls Night - Much Better I Thought - 3/5/08   Girls Night - Much Better I Thought - 3/5/08 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 8:51 pm

Ok, so I'm alittle bit ahead of the game. Am waiting to see what you have to say about our top 12 concertcris so I'll be keeping in touch.

It was no surprise to see David A, Michael, Carly and Amanda made it through to the top 12. But, damn, damn, damn, Aisa'h got voted off. Rats! I would rather have seen Kristy or Brooke hit the road instead of Aisa'h. But that's the way the voting ball bouncing I guess. Trully happy to see all three David's make it into the top 12 especially David H. Love this guy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

PostSubject: Re: Girls Night - Much Better I Thought - 3/5/08   Girls Night - Much Better I Thought - 3/5/08 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 9:44 pm

I almost cryed when Asia'h left, How sad is this, OMG the best female singer they had gone.. Makes me sick, At least David H is still there, Thank goodness. I was so nervous waiting for the show to start tonight and here I was scared for the wrong one, NO WAY did i think Asia'h would go..
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Girls Night - Much Better I Thought - 3/5/08   Girls Night - Much Better I Thought - 3/5/08 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 10:02 pm

I did cry. :( Your right though, Asia'h was the best female singer they had. ~sigh, sniff~ I was on pins and needles about David H and cheered like crazy when Ryan said he was safe. woo hoo With the exception of Syesha I really don't have a favorite in the girls group. They were all voted off.

That's why I'm getting disinterested in watching this show. With the exception of Taylor winning in season five, none of the ones I thought would make it ever did. I am getting alittle fete up with the way the voting is going but I guess that's how it goes. I'm just one in millions.

It was good to see Blake Lewis again. clap He is looking and sounding good (as always). And speaking of Ryan...has anyone seen his "Scope" commercial? He is so darn adorable. :huggy:
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Girls Night - Much Better I Thought - 3/5/08   Girls Night - Much Better I Thought - 3/5/08 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Girls Night - Much Better I Thought - 3/5/08
Page 1 of 1