Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Song Choices - The 80's

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Song Choices - The 80's Empty
PostSubject: Song Choices - The 80's   Song Choices - The 80's Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 11:44 am

:waveing: Hi gang. Being the next theme is the 80's I have been thinking of different songs from that decade that would be good for our top 16 to either showcase their voices or have them break out of their usual molds. Here are my picks:

THE GUYS:

David Hernandez - Keep On Loving You (REO Speedwagon), In Your Eyes (Peter Gabriel) - Of course I think he could sing anything and get away with it. I would be most interested in hearing him sing Bon Jovi songs.

Jason Castro - I Love A Rainy Night (Eddie Rabbit), Broken Wings (Mr. Mister), I picked this last song to have him break out of his folk mold.

David Cook - Another One Bites The Dust (Queen), Never Tear Us Apart (INXS), The queen song I picked because I think it will be one of the choices but as for INXS I would like to see some raw emotion from this.

David Archuleta - Into The Night (Benny Mardones), Do You Really Want To Hurt Me (Culture Club), The first song I picked because I think this kid has the range for it, the other one was a maybe.

Luke Menard - Don't You Want Me Baby (Human League), Owner of a Lonely Heart (Yes), I think each of these songs would fit his voice and give him the opportunity to show some personality and stage presence.

Danny Noriega - Sailing (Christopher Cross), Waiting For A Girl Like You (Foreigner), I picked these because of the tone of his voice.

Chikezie Eze - Celebration (Kool & The Gang), Sexual Healing (Marvin Gaye), each of these songs could really showcase his voice and give him the opportunity to have lots of stage presence.

Michael Johns - Shout (Tears For Fears), Tainted Love (Soft Cell), I picked these mainly because of his voice tone.

THE GIRLS:

Asiah Epperson - Sweet Dreams (Eurythmics), For Your Eyes Only (Sheena Easton), the first song I picked because she has kind of a breathy quality to her voice and this might showcase that.

Kristy Lee Cook - Girls Just Want To Have Fun (Cyndi Lauper), Manic Monday(Bangles), She was hard to pick for because of her tomboy quality but she might get away with either of these however if she wanted to show depth I would rather her sing Cyndi Lauper's True Colors. However she could pick a country song.

Amanda Overmeyer - Bette Davis Eyes (Kim Carnes), Love Is A Battlefield (Pat Benatar), I picked these mainly because with the raspy tone of her voice she could do quite well with these songs.

Carly Smithson - Alone (Heart), Obsession (Animotion), Either of these songs could show her range but in all honesty I think she could sing anything and do well.

Brooke White - Harden My Heart (Quarterflash), They Don't Know (Tracey Ullman), I would like to see her break out of her goody-two-shoes mold and maybe these songs could do it.

Kady Molloy - Angel of The Morning (Juice Newton), I Can't Wait (Nu Shooz), I think with the second song choice she could be outstanding if she would give it a punch and really show stage presence.

Ramiele Malubay - I'll Always Love You (Taylor Dayne), Baby Be Good To Me (Tina Turner), I picked these because she has a big voice and with the second song this would be a good opportunity to show lots of attitude and stage presence.

Syesha Mercado - Let's Hear It For The Boy (Deniece Williams), What's Love Got To Do With It (Tina Turner), either of these songs would be great for her voice and give her lots of oppportunity to show real stage presence.

wiggle I loved the 80's music and could have listed alot more for our contestants but I have a feeling that it might be a letdown as they are so limited with the choices they can choose from.

Do you have any favorite songs that you would like to hear our group sing? I would be interested in your thoughts.

Toodles!

Last edited by concertcris on Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Song Choices - The 80's   Song Choices - The 80's Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 7:33 am

I love 80's music, so I bow to your expertise in what goes with whom here.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
Angie
Administrator
Angie

Female
Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Song Choices - The 80's   Song Choices - The 80's Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 10:28 am

Great choices!

I just wish their list of songs to choose from was larger. Doesn't sound so fair this season, but I think they are trying to avoid having trouble getting clearance for the song by have pre approved songs for the contestants.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Idol-Unofficial.com
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

PostSubject: Re: Song Choices - The 80's   Song Choices - The 80's Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 8:37 pm

Great choices CC, I do love the 80's but then at that time in my life music was great, it's lately that it took a nose dive. Until Taylor of course. I love your choices nothing I can add to them. I just hope all these kids bring it in the next couple of nights, the picks are going to get harder now, and even harder once they get to the 12, that's when it's sad.
Ok so I hope the ones I really like do GREAT and the ones I don't care for don't ha. Oh that wasn't nice was it oh well. I'm sure they'll all do their best, and I do wish them all luck just more so for my favorite ha ha.
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: Song Choices - The 80's   Song Choices - The 80's Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 5:53 am

Song Choices - The 80's 322546 Thanks for posting everyone. I agree with Angie that sadly their choices are limited which makes it harder to pick one and also we might hear a repeat song like we did on the first show. While I like several of the contestants I am really rooting for David Hernandez and Asiah Epperson to make it into the top 10 because even if they do not win the title, at least they will go on tour, get more exposure and possibly get contracts. Each of these two has such unusual voices and they are the only two that will be getting my vote for sure.

woo hoo Tonight is 80's night and I can hardly wait. Hope it will be a great show!
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Song Choices - The 80's   Song Choices - The 80's Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 8:46 am

Oh Yes CC I'm with you on David H and Asia'h making it to the 10.. I so hope they do, I think their chances are pretty good. I watched a show on TVguide channel the other day Idol Chat. They had some music guy on there and he thinks it looks good for David A, darn anyway ha.. Anyway, he also said that David H has a super great voice and he has great ability to pull this off, doesn't think he can win but thinks he can go far, I'd love that... He also said that Asia'h is a smokey singer, her voice is a lot like Melissa from season 5 and that it's a different talent to hit the high notes with that type of voice but even being ill she pulled it off, so she uped her chances as well. I really like both of these idols and I'm so hoping that everything goes good for them in the next couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: Song Choices - The 80's   Song Choices - The 80's Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 8:56 am

Sandi, I have to say that I honestly think David Archuleta is going to win this. He has a huge fan base already and let's fact it the kid definitely can sing. He also seems like a really nice kid besides having the great voice.

As for our David and Asiah, I truly hope they get contracts as I would definitely buy them! Speaking of contracts I watched the exit interviews of Jason Yeager, Alex Lushington, Robbie Carrico and Alaina Whitaker. Some interesting things were said but one of the things that I was interested in was from Jason. He says he is thinking about getting with some producers and making an independent cd. This could be pretty good as Elliott Yamin has certainly had success being an independent. For some reason I really liked this guy's voice and would be interested in getting music from him.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Song Choices - The 80's   Song Choices - The 80's Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 9:13 am

I do think that the chances of David A winning this are pretty good, he does have a hugh fan base, only problem with that is that they think he can walk on water and can do no wrong, That is scary, I'll be happy if he wins, I'd rather see him get it then Carly but that's my personal opinion, But I keep thinking back to season 5 when EVERYONE thought Chris had it in the bag as well and look what happen there, it's possible the same thing could happen and honestly I don't see David being right on every week, I mean he's bound to make a booboo here and there right? This does take it's toll on these guys,

I to hope that David and Asia'h will get contracts of some sort AS LONG AS IT"S NOT WITH CLIVE. ha.. I'd buy as well.

I watched "Idol's Where Are They Now" the other night, they talked with several idols and I was shocked to hear that Bo Bice almost died when he had his surgery, did you know that? I sure didn't, He said he was so so sick that after his first surgery he almost died, and had the 2nd surgery at that time, he said it took him 2 months to be able to even walk without help, and he has sense also started his own label, very interesting huh?? I do like Bo think he's again different and heck he has to be good he's from Alabamha right ha....

Oh well I guess as far as this season anything can happen yet right? I'll be watching though to see what it is ha..
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: Song Choices - The 80's   Song Choices - The 80's Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 11:49 am

I did know that about Bo - a friend is very close to him and became close to Tay as well - she used to go see them both consistantly when they gigged in town. Awful, huh?
~tyg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Song Choices - The 80's   Song Choices - The 80's Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Song Choices - The 80's
Page 1 of 1