Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Shocking Elimination - 4/10/08

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Shocking Elimination  -  4/10/08 Empty
PostSubject: Shocking Elimination - 4/10/08   Shocking Elimination  -  4/10/08 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 7:22 am

Shocking Elimination  -  4/10/08 42519 Hello all. As you know this has been a jammed packed week with American Idol being on 3 consecutive nights. Tonight's elimination was definitely a big surprise but let's talk about the rest of the show first.

Shocking Elimination  -  4/10/08 201170 Ryan opens our show letting us know the results were put on hold for doing something good but the results are in and who did we send home. As he came out on the stage I noticed Mandisa in the audience. I am happy to say she is doing quite well with her career. After he introduces our judges he lets us know that 60 million dollars had been raised so far from the show the previous night. That was indeed good news.

🎶 Next up our top 8 once again sing "Shout To The Lord". Once again performing with the choir, I think they did a great job with this song and in reality I think I am going to download it as I really like it.

Shocking Elimination  -  4/10/08 322546 Following the break we see many stars dancing and singing to the song "I'm A Believer" originally by the Monkees. Nicely done by our array of stars I say. Also throughout the evening several once again make a plea for a donation to Idol Gives Back. They include Dr. Phil, Ricki Lake and Jim Carrey. We also get pleas from Hilliary Clinton, Senator John McCain and Barack Obama after Bono tells us about One.org. We also see another segment of Forest Whitaker. No words can express the sadness I feel. I applaud their efforts.

Shocking Elimination  -  4/10/08 295441 Before I get to the eliminations let's cover the part of the show where last year's AI winner Jordin Sparks and Chris Brown do a duet of "No Air". I actually like this song and they did it well. I am always amazed what a big girl our Jordin is however she looked good. After their number, Ryan tells Jordin they have a surprise for her. Out comes 3 boys carrying 3 record plaques. One is an award for one million downloads of the song "No Air", one is to designate that Jordin's cd has gone gold and the last is for one million downloads of her song "Tattoo".

Shocking Elimination  -  4/10/08 709577 While I was happy for Jordin, this particular act set my blood boiling when I think of all the unfair treatment this show and the Davis group have shown Taylor Hicks. Not once have they ever shown this kind of special treatment for him. I am so angry about this!

😕 Okay, now that I have cussed my brains out, let's talk about the eliminations. First out of the gate is Brooke White who after hearing the repeat of her performance remarks does look cute as she talks about her sister's wedding and that she might miss it however turns out she will as she is safe. David Cook is next and is wondering how many other words Simon can come up with to describe his performances. He also is safe. David Archuleta our youngest contestant looks nervous but he makes it safely to the black couches.

Jason Castro lets us know he just learned how to play the ukulele the week before his performance but our "Tiny Tim" is also safe. Kristy Lee Cook looking I thought quite beautiful also is safe. This leaves us with Carly Smithson, Syesha Mercado and Michael Johns who are our bottom 3 this week. I was stunned that Michael was in this group and even more shocked that he was eliminated since he had never been in the bottom 3.

The boards are all in an uproar over the way this particular elimination was handled. Before the actual elimination Ryan asks the judges their thoughts. Randy is surprised, Paula thinks they have it partly right and Simon the egotist thinks the voting public is listening to him and they connect. The biggest outrage is that Ryan lets us know that last year they did not eliminate anyone on Idol Gives Back week however in a rushed way he tells Michael they are sending him home.

This was definitely not cool in my opinion and poor Michael and the audience could not believe it. Even the judges were flabbergasted. Carly appeared to take it quite hard at first as she was crying and while we watched Michael's journey and his last sing, even the other contestants looked upset. I did like how the judges offered words of encouragement to Michael before the show ended and they also were talking to him after he sung which makes me wonder if Randy might be interested in signing him. I hope so as Michael does have talent and if he sticks to his bluesy type of singing will definitely have a wonderful career I feel.

clap One last note before I sign off, I did enjoy the group doing the Ford commercial this week to the song "I Just Want To Celebrate" originally by 3 Dog Night. Great paint job gang!

Shocking Elimination  -  4/10/08 468517 So another week has passed and I am hoping all of you have a wonderful week ahead. Until next time, take care!
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Shocking Elimination - 4/10/08   Shocking Elimination  -  4/10/08 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 5:34 pm

Shocking Elimination  -  4/10/08 248559 I was so shocked to see Michael eliminatied the way he was. I agree if he sticks to his bluesy type of music he will go a long way. I would certainly buy his cd. It's sad only because I honesty thought he would be one of the final four. That's what I get for thinking. :halo:
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Shocking Elimination - 4/10/08   Shocking Elimination  -  4/10/08 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 7:21 pm

Thanks CC, again.. Count me among one of the many many that was so shocked that Micheal was voted off, I was not a big fan of his but was sorry to see him go, very sorry, I really thought it would be one of the gals this week so this was horrible,

As far as the way it was done, I totally understand why some think it was wrong and that Ryan was wrong, but as I've said on the AI boards for 2 days now, it would not have made a difference which way he went, his fans are so mad that he is gone that they are blaming Ryan and everyone and everything, I agree Ryan was not his usual sweet sorry self when he told Micheal but if memory serves me right I think he did the same or almost the same thing to Chris in season 5. I'm sure it was scripted for the shock value it brought and that is sad, but instead of Ryan I think it's Nigel we look at. Anyway, the results show was different and I found the group song very decent this time for the first time really, they all seemed to be harmony with each other this week. JMO
Great job as usual CC..
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Shocking Elimination - 4/10/08   Shocking Elimination  -  4/10/08 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 12:28 pm

Okay, so I was not impressed with Michael this week by half, but then so many of them had me scratching my head.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shocking Elimination - 4/10/08   Shocking Elimination  -  4/10/08 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shocking Elimination - 4/10/08
Page 1 of 1