Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Rushing Through Neil Diamond Week - 4/29/08

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Rushing Through Neil Diamond Week - 4/29/08 Empty
PostSubject: Rushing Through Neil Diamond Week - 4/29/08   Rushing Through Neil Diamond Week - 4/29/08 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 11:15 pm

:welcome1: Hi everyone. Whew, was tonight a fast one or what? I feel that by rushing the show so much we really did not get to experience the real glow that our 5 could have brought to the songs and therefore I was sort of underwhelmed by most of the performances. However, here I go rushing also with my thoughts so back to the beginning.

Rushing Through Neil Diamond Week - 4/29/08 201170 Ryan looks good once again in a suit and this time with a blue shirt. Our judges look spiffy especially dingy Paula who looks smoking hot in her gold dress. After the usual welcomes I liked how Ryan had the audience say hello to Carly who is now at home. The show being so short tonight is going to be handled differently. Each contestant has two performances as well as two phone numbers. Our judges will give their real opinions after the 2nd song.

bow Our Grammy award-winning mentor tonight is Neil Diamond. Right off the bat I have to say I am a big fan of this legend. He started off as a songwriter and gain recognition by writing a huge hit for the group the Monkees entitled "I'm A Believer". Going into his own career as a singer this model of longevity as Ryan says has sold over 120 million records worldwide and even today his live concerts are breaking box office records. He is set to release his 26th album called "Home Before Dark". Some of my favorites by this talented guy are "Walk On Water" and "I Am I Said". Now for the performances:

lol! First up is Jason Castro who is singing "Forever In Blue Jeans" released as a single in 1979 but actually from the 1978 album "You Don't Bring Me Flowers". Playing his guitar for this number I felt this song suited him for his style of music. I liked the first half however halfway through he lost his way and the second part was a bit of a trainwreck I think. Nice touch with the violins in the background. For this performance, my grade: B-

Second song: The 1979 song "September Morn". I felt this was pleasant but not outstanding. Randy gives his take on both as just okay, Paula (we will pass over on her first blunder) thinks he needs to take more liberties and get out of his comfort zone, Simon calls each performance a struggle and both numbers are forgettable. I finally realized why I am not overly impressed with Jason. He cuts his notes too short which makes him sound off-pitch at times. My grade for this number: B-

Rushing Through Neil Diamond Week - 4/29/08 468517 Before we get to David Cook, I have to comment on the moment of chatting between David and Ryan. For once Ryan is put on the spot as David asks him how he prepared for tonight. Ryan answers he did the bit with singing with a hairbrush, also talks about riding in the car with his mom, listening to Neil and making faces. Kind of a cute moment I thought.

🎶 Now for David's actual performances. His first choice is "I'm Alive" from the 1982 album Heartlight. Tonight he is playing an electric guitar. He is back to showing a bit of a rock edge as he sings however I was not blown away with this performance. It was okay but did not live up to the some of his prior performances. My grade: B

Second song: "All I Really Need Is You" from the 1991 album Lovescape. This time playing a regular guitar he did better I think but again I was not blown away although he did put some feeling into the lyrics. Randy's take was he rocked the house on both songs, Paula liked both and feels she is looking at the next American Idol and Simon thought the first song was okay but the second was brilliant. My grade: B

😕 Brooke White takes the stage looking happy to play the guitar and sing "I'm A Believer" written for The Monkees in 1967. Giving it kind of a country flavor I liked the beginning but as the song progressed she sounded kind of off-key in parts which actually made my grade go down for her. However she seemed like she was having a great time singing this number. My grade: B-

Second song: "I Am I Said" off the 1974 album of Neil's entitled 12 Greatest Hits. Tonight she is playing the piano and I once again thought she started off very good however the pitch notes were there in some places. Not a great performance by any means but better than the first one I thought. Randy mentions how vulnerable she is with a nice job added, Paula pretty much concurs with Randy. Simon on the other hand hated the first song by calling it a nightmare which Brooke takes offense of however he does add that the second song was better and more like the Brooke they loved at the beginning. My grade for this one: B

Rushing Through Neil Diamond Week - 4/29/08 79527 Our innocent David Archuleta is also singing a song from the 1974 12 Greatest Hits entitled " Sweet Caroline". Keeping his eyes open through most of the song he does show some personality although the song started out a little rough. Also with a slightly different arrangement his vocals improve as the song progresses. Obviously the girls are crazy about this kid. My grade: B

Second song: "America" from the 1980 movie The Jazz Singer. This was a good performance although he did have one pitch note during the song. I was surprised none of the judges mentioned this. Randy thinks both were good performances, Paula liked both and called this one a perfect song for him, Simon feels he made a smart choice with the second song but was not crazy about the first one. My grade for this song: B

🍌 Syesha Mercado is my top banana for the night as both of her performances showed great stage presence with very good vocals to match. Looking great in her purple dress and a wonderful soft hairdo her first number is very sweet and filled with emotion as she sings a different arrangement of the theme song of the Jazz Singer entitled "Hello Again. What bugged me the most during this number was that mosh pit which blocked our view of her. My grade: A

Second song: "Thank The Lord For The Nighttime" from the 1969 album called Gold. Once again she shows personality and a good vocal in my opinion. Randy feels she is in her zone, Paula likes her but Simon thinks she might be in trouble tonight although he feels she is a good actress/singer. Sadly Simon may be right since Syesha does not have the fan base the others have however for me she was the best of the night. My grade: B+

Rushing Through Neil Diamond Week - 4/29/08 833804 So our rushed evening of song comes to an end and only Syesha brought it for me tonight overall. I seriously doubt the two Davids will be leaving so who is my bottom 2? I have to again say Brooke and Jason but as mentioned above I think Syesha may land there and possibly be going home because of this popularity contest.

I now ask you what you thought and bid you good night.

Rushing Through Neil Diamond Week - 4/29/08 396979
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Rushing Through Neil Diamond Week - 4/29/08   Rushing Through Neil Diamond Week - 4/29/08 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 8:26 am

I was a little disapointed in last nights performance by all of them really. I honestly thought that the songs of Neil Diamond would be a great night and I thought they pretty much all just let themself go and did not do their best. JMO

Paula made a big mistake in her accement of Jasons 2nd song BEFORE he even sang it so that was a big NO NO. I don't have time to really post to much right now am watching a couple of sick granddaughters so will come back and post my thoughts later ok..

But I can say that 2 years ago the top 5 sang one song from the year they were born and the other from the charts,

Taylor sang

Play the Funky Music White Boy
Rushing Through Neil Diamond Week - 4/29/08 Funkymusic

Something

Rushing Through Neil Diamond Week - 4/29/08 Something

Paris Bennet was the 8th Idol to be voted off

Rushing Through Neil Diamond Week - 4/29/08 Paris

Leaving the best TOP 4 in Idol History JMO
Taylor, Elliott, Chris and Kat.
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Rushing Through Neil Diamond Week - 4/29/08   Rushing Through Neil Diamond Week - 4/29/08 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 9:30 am

Well i have to admit I voted for the first time all season - and I voted 26 times for Syesha. She blow the rest of them out of the water. Actually i wasn't going to vote at all - mainly because i couldn't decide if her performances was truely good, or if this season been so hideous that it made performances look good. However since she was so much better then the rest and since the judges continue to pimp two of the boys, and i don't think she deserves to be in the bottom two, and i thought the judges were being totally unfair to her - especially Simon.
Brooke was better the all three of the boys.
Who gave the worse performances?? Here i won't mention names. However i will give you a clue. They both have the same first names.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Rushing Through Neil Diamond Week - 4/29/08   Rushing Through Neil Diamond Week - 4/29/08 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 10:03 am

I voted for the first time ever..
For David Cook. I belive that boy has what it takes. He already knows how to take a song and make his own. He has a true "Gift"
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Rushing Through Neil Diamond Week - 4/29/08   Rushing Through Neil Diamond Week - 4/29/08 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 10:23 am

:D Hello! Thanks for posting. Personally my top two favorites left are the two Davids however I felt Syesha was the best of the night and in spite of my saying I would not vote anymore I did throw votes her way mainly because I do not feel she deserves to be bottom 2 this week as her performances earn her the right to be in the top 4.

Last night was definitely pretty much lackluster and I feel unfair to Neil himself as he got so little air time. I would have preferred they lengthen the show by another half hour so we could have experienced a more relaxed show. Definitely too much rushing on this one.

;) Good to hear from all of you.
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Rushing Through Neil Diamond Week - 4/29/08   Rushing Through Neil Diamond Week - 4/29/08 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 11:47 am

DreamHrt wrote:
For David Cook. I belive that boy has what it takes. He already knows how to take a song and make his own. He has a true "Gift"

the first time ever or the first time this season - didn't you vote for Taylor Hicks during season five.

please tell us that you are joking, atleast tell me that!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Rushing Through Neil Diamond Week - 4/29/08   Rushing Through Neil Diamond Week - 4/29/08 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 12:22 pm

DreamHrt wrote:

Rushing Through Neil Diamond Week - 4/29/08 542948 I trully believe David Cook has what it takes to become the next American idol. I'm just sorry I missed this weeks performances so I can add my 2 cents worth.

Rushing Through Neil Diamond Week - 4/29/08 527840 Thanks CC for the re-caps so I know how things went.

Again, I'm looking at Jason to go home but, as mentioned, Syesha will probably be the one to go because of low fan support. Too bad because she is good. :noidea: Oh well! That will mean all of the girls who I voted for over the weeks will be gone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Rushing Through Neil Diamond Week - 4/29/08   Rushing Through Neil Diamond Week - 4/29/08 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 8:19 pm

I love Neil Diamond and I just watched the results show and the best part was watching Neil, WOW what a guy. What he has is what I want for Taylor, he'll get it too I know he will.

Ok Last night I thought the show was really rushed and why?? I mean they've done top 5 for 7 years now why was this year so different? I don't get it. Anyway I do think that Syesha did a hell of a job last night and I also think that Paula's booboo saved Jason, I think the voters came out in droves to support him after that, David Cook was very good but didn't care for David A, the kid has a good voice but it's so emotionless to me, I did like Brookes first song but not the second, the same with Jason, first song was very good but the second wasn't as good for me. Of course I know who left but will save it for CC's recap...
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Rushing Through Neil Diamond Week - 4/29/08   Rushing Through Neil Diamond Week - 4/29/08 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 11:22 am

I'd better read CC's re-caps to find out who was voted off last night.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rushing Through Neil Diamond Week - 4/29/08   Rushing Through Neil Diamond Week - 4/29/08 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rushing Through Neil Diamond Week - 4/29/08
Page 1 of 1