Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

David H

Go down 
+2
tygrlllie
Taysiah
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

David H Empty
PostSubject: David H   David H Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 9:11 pm

David H was 'fail to recieve enough votes' when found out he was a stripper,
and Antonella Barba [season 6] 'fail to recieve enough votes' when found out she had racey pictures on the net. Does anyone else find this to be a odd coincidence?? I wasn't a fan of either one, however i still find it odd. And it makes me wonder if they really didn't get enough votes to stay. Or if AI just didn't want their percious image tarnish. Now i'm not saying that is the case however...,

Feel free to put your own thoughts and ideals on this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

David H Empty
PostSubject: Re: David H   David H Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 12:53 pm

I believe that the Idol machine are not very delighted with colorful personalities as a general rule, and there are a lot of Idol fans who are desperate for the Idol to be pure - consider the furor when Tay was revealed as a smoker who drinks and curses. Do I think that somehow they might skew the votes? Sure - anything's possible. But it's more likely that the voters who look to their American Idol to be more than human were soured on their history.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

David H Empty
PostSubject: Re: David H   David H Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 9:49 am

David H 833804 I honestly believe that AI want an idol that people can look up to however everyone in life may have had something that would not be looked at too kindly by this show. I think that is one reason they like younger people to win as they have not yet been able to make mistakes like some do.

As for David Hernandez and also Antonette Barba they were able to still remain on the show for a short time even when their past was revealed. Sure it offended some people but in reality they still garnered some fans along the way. In David's case, he may have taken this job just to survive or whatever but I honestly do not care about his past as I think he is a wonderful talent and if he is able to make an album I will be buying it for sure.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

David H Empty
PostSubject: Re: David H   David H Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 10:14 pm

CC I so agree with you, You know how I feel about David Hernandez, I thought then and still do that this kid had what it took to take this season all the way to the finals and even win it, FOR me he did have the best vocals and the best performer and he was fun to watch, and I really voted hard for him, but once his past was out I knew his days were numbered, Nigel said they knew all about his past which I don't doubt at all but with the pressure on this season they could not take a chance, I honestly believe in my heart that there is no way he got fewer votes than Kristi Lee Cook that night, just no way, I fought very hard for David on the AI board in GD, most could not get enough of running this guy down and I was so mad and told them what I though, I am a member of Davids fan club and even get an email from him from time to time, I know they are just form emails of sort but thats ok ha..
As far as Antonetta, I never paid a lot of attention to her last season or the season for that matter to know anything about her,
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

David H Empty
PostSubject: Re: David H   David H Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 12:49 pm

I just think it is odd that both of them were 'voted out' the same week that their 'past' was reveal. No they weren't just kick off the show, that be to obvious. So they were allowed to sing again and 'be voted on again'. Or were they really allowed to be voted on again?? I think it is an odd coincidence. And i think i can look at this more objectively then some of yall because i am not a fan of either one. Polish the tarnish image and make it shine again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

David H Empty
PostSubject: Re: David H   David H Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 8:52 pm

You will get no agrument from me mae, none at all. I think AI did it's best to cover any negative articles that surfaced with out making them the bad guys, I have read that there is a discloser or whatever at the end of the each show that says something like they "managment" has the right to do whatever they want, Oh well another year down the drain but it hasn't been a total loss, after all I did become a fan of David H's and that was worth the hassel..
Back to top Go down
geewindu

geewindu

Male
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-03-10

David H Empty
PostSubject: Re: David H   David H Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 5:05 am

mae wrote:
I just think it is odd that both of them were 'voted out' the same week that their 'past' was reveal. No they weren't just kick off the show, that be to obvious. So they were allowed to sing again and 'be voted on again'. Or were they really allowed to be voted on again?? I think it is an odd coincidence. And i think i can look at this more objectively then some of yall because i am not a fan of either one. Polish the tarnish image and make it shine again.

Umm I actually knew about Antonella's over a week before her elimination and thought everybody else did. It never changed my mind about them. I never liked Antonella's voice and actually think she stayed an extra week because her past was revealed, and to me David H, who I liked with his first two performances disappointed me with his next to performances. That and the fact that Hernandez was put right after Brooke's most amazing performance of Let It Be made it appear to be worse than it was to a lot of people including me.

I do not also think it affects the votes that much. It was revealed early on Michael Johns took credit for writing songs his band members did and he lasted a lot longer than I thought he would. I do not like that he did that but then again I think he changed as a person and wouldn't do that again. Anybody that makes mistakes in my opinion has a better chance of staying on idol as it shows they are human just like the rest of us. Brooke showed us that a lot right on screen. America wants someone that's good yeah but if they have faults it only makes them more appealing as it makes them human just like you and me.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

David H Empty
PostSubject: Re: David H   David H Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 7:34 am

I think that was what drew me to Taylor, gee. He had faults. He was and is atoning for them, and still and now occasionally screws up...but...he has faults. He's real, genuine...
~tyg
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

David H Empty
PostSubject: Re: David H   David H Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 12:23 pm

amen Tyggy!
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
geewindu

geewindu

Male
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-03-10

David H Empty
PostSubject: Re: David H   David H Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 4:01 pm

That's one of the reasons I like Taylor too. He doesn't pretend to be something he's not, he tries his best and like everybody else in this world makes mistakes, but he owns up to them. Not something a lot of people do nowadays it seems (at least in the music industry). Taylor Rocks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

David H Empty
PostSubject: Re: David H   David H Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

David H
Page 1 of 1