Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Cook and Archuleta both signed to Jive

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Cook and Archuleta both signed to Jive Empty
PostSubject: Cook and Archuleta both signed to Jive   Cook and Archuleta both signed to Jive Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 8:30 pm

American Idol 7’s winner and runner-up will both produce records for the same label, as David Archuleta has signed a record deal—not with Muppet Records, surprisingly enough, but with Jive Records, the same label that signed winner David Cook.

In his fake press release quote, Archuleta said, “Signing a record contract with 19 Recordings/Jive Records is truly a dream come true. Being a fan of American Idol since season one and admiring the alumni, I am honored and humbled to be a part of that group. I’m really excited to start working on everything.” And Jive’s Tom Carrabba said, “David Archuleta has already shown the world that he is a star. He’s a young, talented singer with wide appeal and we’re thrilled to have him join our roster.”

The press release says David “is expected to release his debut album later this year,” while MTV News notes that “[i]f this year’s pattern follows that of previous years, the Cook and Archuleta albums should drop in time for the holiday season, with the first official singles coming out in the late fall.” In the meantime, both Davids will appear on the show’s tour, which starts tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Cook and Archuleta both signed to Jive   Cook and Archuleta both signed to Jive Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 9:45 pm

MTV is wrong the cds will be out in time for Christmas and the first single will be about 2 months or so down the line. If the follow the pattern of pervious years.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Cook and Archuleta both signed to Jive   Cook and Archuleta both signed to Jive Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 9:52 pm

Of course I knew they'd be signed but is this good news? Knowing what we know about JRecords and Taylor, I'm a little shakey on that one. I do wish them both the best of luck and hopefully the lable has learned you can't make someone sing something that is not their style. I love Taylor's Cd just think his own music is better.
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Cook and Archuleta both signed to Jive   Cook and Archuleta both signed to Jive Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 8:58 am

:waveing: Hi there. I thought I read that David Archuleta was signed to BMG records. Maybe they are affiliated. I am hoping that whomever they have signed with that both Davids will not be changing their styles as I look forward to getting music from both. Hopefully others will also be signed from this season.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Cook and Archuleta both signed to Jive   Cook and Archuleta both signed to Jive Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 8:24 pm

concertcris wrote:
:waveing: Hi there. I thought I read that David Archuleta was signed to BMG records. Maybe they are affiliated. I am hoping that whomever they have signed with that both Davids will not be changing their styles as I look forward to getting music from both. Hopefully others will also be signed from this season.

I don't know CC, I read to read that David A was signing with BMG but just yesterday on the AI his fans were saying JRecords, I'm sure they are affilitated in some way, both have or had Clive Davis as the big cheese I believe.
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Cook and Archuleta both signed to Jive   Cook and Archuleta both signed to Jive Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 9:11 pm

J-Records is apart of BMG
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Cook and Archuleta both signed to Jive   Cook and Archuleta both signed to Jive Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 9:24 pm

Thanks mae, and it figures, they'll have these guys in the same outfit regardless of who signs them. ha.. It's that long reach they have ha..
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Cook and Archuleta both signed to Jive   Cook and Archuleta both signed to Jive Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 9:46 pm

They will do well because the differance is.. they like the davids they didnt Taylor and it showed with every move or non move they made on his behalf
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Cook and Archuleta both signed to Jive   Cook and Archuleta both signed to Jive Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 7:22 am

True True True, They'll make sure they are well known and heard like Carrie , they have a new idol to pamper ha.. Oh that wasn't nice was it...
Back to top Go down
geewindu

geewindu

Male
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Cook and Archuleta both signed to Jive   Cook and Archuleta both signed to Jive Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 4:06 pm

I heard other contestants were provided with lots of offers but I don't think they can sign with anybody other than 19 entertaiment/Jive/etc. until after 3 months from the finale. That's what I heard at least.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Cook and Archuleta both signed to Jive   Cook and Archuleta both signed to Jive Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 4:24 pm

I've heard that the top 12 are all tied to AI until after the tour, but not sure how much of that is true, or IF it's the top 12 or 10. Who knows really??
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Cook and Archuleta both signed to Jive   Cook and Archuleta both signed to Jive Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 4:37 pm

Idol LOVES playing puppet master so I am sure your right
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Cook and Archuleta both signed to Jive   Cook and Archuleta both signed to Jive Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 4:56 pm

The sad part is after the show or after the tour the ones that they don't want more or less get thrown to the wind and the others get the grand treatment.
Back to top Go down
geewindu

geewindu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Cook and Archuleta both signed to Jive   Cook and Archuleta both signed to Jive Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 4:56 pm

Yeah it's probably 'til the end of the tour. but the article I read said that even contestants like Alaina were not allowed to do anything until 3 months after the finale. But I guess we'll see.
Back to top Go down
geewindu

geewindu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Cook and Archuleta both signed to Jive   Cook and Archuleta both signed to Jive Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 4:57 pm

wietzema wrote:
The sad part is after the show or after the tour the ones that they don't want more or less get thrown to the wind and the others get the grand treatment.
Yeah that's sad. Good news is that Brooke is the top female seller from this season.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Cook and Archuleta both signed to Jive   Cook and Archuleta both signed to Jive Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 5:00 pm

Good for Brooke and I will say that of the 6 girls that were in the 12 she was the best, I liked Syesha ok but other than them not so much, did not see all they hype around Carly at all. JMO
Back to top Go down
geewindu

geewindu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Cook and Archuleta both signed to Jive   Cook and Archuleta both signed to Jive Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 5:04 pm

wietzema wrote:
Good for Brooke and I will say that of the 6 girls that were in the 12 she was the best, I liked Syesha ok but other than them not so much, did not see all they hype around Carly at all. JMO
Me neither. I did not like her but I'm glad she made the top 8 at least. Those top 8 sounded really good together on Season's of Love and Shout To The Lord (both). I hope they get to sing STTL on the tour. The first one of those was the second most amazing performance on idol ever!!!!! Let It Be was the greatest. woo hoo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cook and Archuleta both signed to Jive   Cook and Archuleta both signed to Jive Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cook and Archuleta both signed to Jive
Page 1 of 1