Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Idol News - 8/15/08

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Idol News - 8/15/08 Empty
PostSubject: Idol News - 8/15/08   Idol News - 8/15/08 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 2:10 pm

:waveing: Hello to all. Some new news has surfaced so thought I would share it with you. Here goes:

👶 Clay Aiken and his surrogate mother/friend Jaymes Foster have had a bouncing healthy baby boy. His name is Parker Foster Aiken. Although no real details have been given of the birth weight or length, the amazing thing is this baby's birthdate is 8/08/08. Congrats to the proud parents. Speaking of Clay looks like he will be returning to the Broadway play "Spamalot" for a 4 month stint. Seems when Clay ended his last run, the show started losing money big time as many people came mainly to see Clay perform. Nice to know you can bring some financial happiness to others. Right? wiggle

🤷 The American Idol group is not very happy with the results of the auditions in Puerto Rico. Seems only about 300 people showed up for this event. Idol is keeping mum on this disappointment but it will be interesting to see how they handled the audition process for this area when the show airs in January 2009.

clap Wonderful news has come about regarding David Hernandez of Season 7. Seems he is appearing with Constantine Maroulis and Vonzell Solomon for a week at San Francisco's Nikko Hotel. This is an event that the hotel has each week showcasing "idols". David says he is grateful to American Idol for all that they have done for his career. He also says he is not bitter that he was eliminated so soon as he feels people were not thrilled by his past of being a stripper and failed to vote for him and he understands that fully. In the meantime he is recording and hopes to be able to release an album in the near future. Another plus for David is later this year he will be touring with Justin Guarini and other idol alums in "Idols At Christmas". Best wishes to David as many of us feel Idol News - 8/15/08 924272

Idol News - 8/15/08 833804 Seems newly crowned winner Melissa Lawson of Nashville Star was once a contestant on American Idol. She made it to the top 75 before she was eliminated. Now she is excited and happy that her voice will finally be heard as John Rich of "Big & Rich" fame is producing her new album which will be out quickly while the iron is hot. One thing I might mention is that John Rich also has a show on called "Gone Country" which has prior artists from different genres of music making a stab at country music. The new season is actually starting today (8/15) on CMT. The contestants learn how to act like country folk and even write a song that might get the chance to be recorded. Good luck wishes go to the new contestants of the show and also Melissa for a successful album.

:flowerheart: Well, that's a wrap for now and until next time, take care all!
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Idol News - 8/15/08   Idol News - 8/15/08 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 8:41 pm

Thanks CC, You make sure we all know the IDOL news and I love that, I miss so much these days, I did hear about David H though, I try to keep up with him cuz of course "I"m A FAN" ha.. Anyway, it's times like that I see just how far SD is from every where else, Nothing ever happens up here and I know I won't get to go there or New York to see Taylor, Boo Hoo, I'm so feeling sorry for myself, ha.. Of coures I'm kidding but just a little. Anyway, it's great to hear all the idol news..
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: Idol News - 8/15/08   Idol News - 8/15/08 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 9:34 am

:) Hiya Sandi. Yep, I also am a big fan of David's so try to find tidbits of him everywhere. I forgot to mention that on that show Gone Country, Mikalah Gordon of season 4 is one of the contestants. I personally thought she was an awful singer during season 4 but had a great personality. Maybe, she will have better luck in country. Also on the show which makes me happy is Chris Kirkpatrick of N'sync fame. I love this guy's voice but looks like he has really gained the weight. Good to see him though. Others on this season are Sebastian Bach (lead singer of Skid Row), Jermaine Jackson (Jackson 5), Sean Young (actress), Lorenzo Lamas (TV star) and Irena Cara (singer/actress best known from the movie "Fame"). I missed last night's episode but thankfully it is repeated today at 2:30 pm my time so I am definitely watching it.

Talk to you soon and thanks for responding.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Idol News - 8/15/08   Idol News - 8/15/08 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 8:50 pm

CC I love reading your reports, you word them so interestingly and they are always spot on. Thank you for always making sure we are all informed..What would we do with out you??
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Idol News - 8/15/08   Idol News - 8/15/08 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:42 pm

Thanks for latest news on David Hernandez. I'm looking forward to seeing a cd from him. Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: Idol News - 8/15/08   Idol News - 8/15/08 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 9:08 am

Actually, I might take Kerith to the Idol Christmas thing if it comes nearby - I think she might like it. And Sebastian Back singing country? Have we all lost our sanity?
~tyg
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: Idol News - 8/15/08   Idol News - 8/15/08 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 7:23 am

🆒 Good to hear from you Tyg. Actually last season on this show, Dee Snider of Twisted Sister was one of the contestants. He did pretty well but was not picked to record. One thing John cautioned him on was his using vulgar language and hand gestures if you know what I mean. The country folk did not care for that.

Sebastian Bach I think will be a handful judging by the first episode as his ego does get in the way sometimes. On the first episode each got up and sang a song from their prior experiences. I love Chris Kirkpatrick's voice and it was so great seeing him sing again. If he put out an album I would buy it for sure!
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Idol News - 8/15/08   Idol News - 8/15/08 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 10:53 am

*shakes head* Dee Snider? Good grief, is he still out there then? And yeah, I missed you guys too - it was torture, being computer-less and just when I get it back having to go on a trip where there was no 'net access. Hell, no electricity or running water, even.
But yeah, Bas can be a handful. A real sweetheart when he wants to, but a real jackass when he doesn't. I went to go and see him once many years ago - great show. I was right up front and got kicked by a stage diver and he brought me up on stage with him to check me out and gave me a kiss on the cheek. He was lucky I didn't pass out, lol. I get so uncomfortable when someone pays attention to me and do much better in the shadows. Gotta say though, he took excellant care of me, so I'm still very much a fan.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: Idol News - 8/15/08   Idol News - 8/15/08 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 1:03 pm

tygrlllie wrote:
*shakes head* Dee Snider? Good grief, is he still out there then? And yeah, I missed you guys too - it was torture, being computer-less and just when I get it back having to go on a trip where there was no 'net access. Hell, no electricity or running water, even.
But yeah, Bas can be a handful. A real sweetheart when he wants to, but a real jackass when he doesn't. I went to go and see him once many years ago - great show. I was right up front and got kicked by a stage diver and he brought me up on stage with him to check me out and gave me a kiss on the cheek. He was lucky I didn't pass out, lol. I get so uncomfortable when someone pays attention to me and do much better in the shadows. Gotta say though, he took excellant care of me, so I'm still very much a fan.
~tyg

Wow, a kiss from Bas, how exciting. If you want to check out the show it is on Fridays nights at 8 pm or you can also watch it on Saturdays as a repeat in the afternoon on CMT. You would have to check the time slots for your area but this is a pretty interesting reality show which is not all singing like AI. I like it and I am not even a big country music fan but this show keeps me interested.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Idol News - 8/15/08   Idol News - 8/15/08 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 7:35 pm

Oh it was very nice. I was/am a friend of Jani Lane - we kinda grew up together, him a few years older than me, of course, but I am prominantly shown off in the first video they did and in the water scenes in "Heaven". He's how i got into the show inn the first place and I probably would have wound up in the back anyway. But yep, Bas has soft lips, man. Gotta be a Canadian thing or something.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Idol News - 8/15/08   Idol News - 8/15/08 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 9:51 pm

I have a bit of IDOL news for you even, how's that for good.. Well I know it will interest one of the posters here anyway, CC this is for you..
I got this today or yesterday, I wasn't on the computer on Friday at all so not sure but it's some good news about David Hernandez. here it is

[b]Friday, August 22, 2008

THE TOUR
Current mood: accomplished

YO YO YO!!!

WHATS UP FANS!!!!! I FREAKIN LOVE YA!!!!!

Alright so some of you may have gotten word that I am going on TOUR with some other incredible idols towards the end of November through December. I am happy to say it is true!

As of now, there are 15 cities we are hitting but the schedule will not be released until the 1st week of September......as a matter a fact, I dont even know the schedule yet. lol. But once I get it, I will post it on my myspace and I'm sure you will also find it on HERNANDEZFANS.COM.

Once it is released I HOPE THAT ALL OF YOU WILL GET TICKETS TO ONE OF THE CITIES. Nothing makes me happier than to actually meet my fans or sing for them live. As you probably know, singing live is my favorite thing as a performer. I can connect with the audience and bring something that just doesn't come across on a record or television. Na mean? So I'm stoked!!!

Can't wait to see you...

And btw, thanks to everyone who made it to the RRAZZ ROOM....the videos you posted on youtube are candid and awesome....I must say I have some of the most devoted fans ever. Please keep showin the love and ill do the same. There is always more to come!

Stay blessed.

David Hernandez
ps....support David Archuleta's new single "Crush"....he's doing it big!!![/
b]
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: Idol News - 8/15/08   Idol News - 8/15/08 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 8:18 am

wietzema wrote:
I have a bit of IDOL news for you even, how's that for good.. Well I know it will interest one of the posters here anyway, CC this is for you..
I got this today or yesterday, I wasn't on the computer on Friday at all so not sure but it's some good news about David Hernandez. here it is

[b]Friday, August 22, 2008

THE TOUR
Current mood: accomplished

YO YO YO!!!

WHATS UP FANS!!!!! I FREAKIN LOVE YA!!!!!

Alright so some of you may have gotten word that I am going on TOUR with some other incredible idols towards the end of November through December. I am happy to say it is true!

As of now, there are 15 cities we are hitting but the schedule will not be released until the 1st week of September......as a matter a fact, I dont even know the schedule yet. lol. But once I get it, I will post it on my myspace and I'm sure you will also find it on HERNANDEZFANS.COM.

Once it is released I HOPE THAT ALL OF YOU WILL GET TICKETS TO ONE OF THE CITIES. Nothing makes me happier than to actually meet my fans or sing for them live. As you probably know, singing live is my favorite thing as a performer. I can connect with the audience and bring something that just doesn't come across on a record or television. Na mean? So I'm stoked!!!

Can't wait to see you...

And btw, thanks to everyone who made it to the RRAZZ ROOM....the videos you posted on youtube are candid and awesome....I must say I have some of the most devoted fans ever. Please keep showin the love and ill do the same. There is always more to come!

Stay blessed.

David Hernandez
ps....support David Archuleta's new single "Crush"....he's doing it big!!![/
b]

woo hoo Thanks Sandi for the update. You know I am a fan. Sure hope that tour comes close to my area as I would love to see it! I am going to check out Youtube to see those vids.

Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idol News - 8/15/08   Idol News - 8/15/08 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Idol News - 8/15/08
Page 1 of 1