Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

October Idol News - 10/2/08

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

October Idol News - 10/2/08 Empty
PostSubject: October Idol News - 10/2/08   October Idol News - 10/2/08 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 10:05 am

October Idol News - 10/2/08 600701 Before we celebrate our top favorite idol's birthday figured I would catch you up on other idols. Here goes:

:ladybug: WEDDING NEWS

Lakisha Jones of season 6 is getting married this very weekend to financial analyst Larry Davis in Beverly Hills, California. Staying in the true Hollywood form, our bride and groom will wear white with the bridal party dressed in black. Several alums of AI are attending which include Melinda Doolittle, Sanjaya Malakar and Gina Glocksen. Also attending is Chaka Khan and Bebe Winans will be singing at the reception. The happy couple will honeymoon in Barbados. Once they return, Lakisha will be promoting her new single entitled "So Glad I'm Me" which comes out October 21st.

Congrats also go to Amanda Overmeyer who wed longtime boyfriend Casey Taylor in August. Not much was mentioned about the event or whether Amanda will be releasing a debut cd but one can hope that someday we will be hearing more from this talented lady.

OUR BEST WISHES TO THE HAPPY COUPLES! cheers

😕 Seems since Clay Aiken came out of the closet about his sexuality, several fans have defected from ClayNation. Clay has posted on his site several times his appreciation and thanks to the fans who continue to support him. Baby momma Jaymes Foster who is the surrogate mom of Clay's son has been more verbal by calling the non-supporters judgemental and reminding them that Clay is the same guy, has the same voice and the same good qualities. My thoughts: GO JAYMES, YOU ROCK! I personally will continue to support this very gifted guy!

🍌 Season 6's Chris Sligh has a unique way of appreciating his fans for his next video. Seems he is accepting video clips of his fans lip-syncing his song "Empty Me" which will be included in the next video. All submissions need to be in by October 24th. Way to go Chris!

October Idol News - 10/2/08 295441 Michael Johns of season 7 has decided to go the independent route for his debut album since appearing on American Idol. Twice in the past he was signed to major labels and both times his albums were shelved for one reason or another. This time around he wants to be in control. He has already recorded 9 songs for the album which is tentatively entitled "Hold Back My Heart". The first single will be released sometime in November. Good luck Michael, can hardly wait!

October Idol News - 10/2/08 468517 Something new will be happening on this coming season of American Idol. Seems Simon Cowell has asked Katie Price to be a guest judge. This English fashion model/actress/singer has had some experience with reality shows as she came in second on the "Eurovision Song Contest 2005" and goes by the stage name Jordan. Does this qualify her as a judge, well time will tell. That table of judges is getting bigger as remember we also will have a 4th judge this year in the form of Kara DioGuardi.

🎶 On the country scene, the reigning female and male vocalists will co-host on the November 12th "42nd Annual CMA Awards" show. Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley are both excited to be having this honor and will also be performing on the show.

October Idol News - 10/2/08 322546 Cute Kellie Pickler has released a self-titled album which came out on September 30th. She has enjoyed much success since her idol days and holds American Idol dear to her heart. You can read her latest interview on that website.

October Idol News - 10/2/08 639879 Season 5's Mandisa celebrated her 31st birthday on October 2nd. Our girl Mandisa has had major success since idol. She has appeared with many other artists and her debut album "True Beauty" came in at #1 on the Top Christian charts as well as #43 on the Top 200. She also wrote a book entitled "IdolEyes' which is about conveying inner beauty versus the more superficial things in life. Currently she is on the "Woman of Faith" tour which began on September 9th and wraps up on November 11th. Fans will be thrilled to know she is releasing "It's Christmas" on October 14th for the holiday season. Another album entitled "Freedom" is set for release on April 7, 2009. Happy Birthday Mandisa!

:) Well gang, that's the news for now and hope your week ahead is wonderful!

October Idol News - 10/2/08 396979
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: October Idol News - 10/2/08   October Idol News - 10/2/08 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 12:20 pm

:( you never mention anything about Josiah in these news clips
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: October Idol News - 10/2/08   October Idol News - 10/2/08 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 1:09 pm

October Idol News - 10/2/08 951557 October Idol News - 10/2/08 412302 mae. I was leaving all that for you as you seem to know more about him than I do. Let me see what is going on with him and I promise to post something real soon. Plus, I am not good at posting videos so feel free to give us some more of this talented lad.
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

PostSubject: Re: October Idol News - 10/2/08   October Idol News - 10/2/08 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 1:18 pm

Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: October Idol News - 10/2/08   October Idol News - 10/2/08 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 1:30 pm

concertcris wrote:
October Idol News - 10/2/08 951557 October Idol News - 10/2/08 412302 mae. I was leaving all that for you as you seem to know more about him than I do. Let me see what is going on with him and I promise to post something real soon. Plus, I am not good at posting videos so feel free to give us some more of this talented lad.

:) Okay mae, I looked up some info on Josiah and here is what I found out so all can enjoy in case your link does not work. Season 7 contestant Josiah Leming failed to make it through the Hollywood rounds however good fortune has smiled on him. In March, he signed with Warner and from a source I found on the internet it appears that he will release his EP on ITunes on October 28th. It is called "Angels Undercover". It is a half album and you will have 5 songs to choose from. This is a promotion for the full album that Josiah plans to release in January 2009. We wish him lots of luck and I know his fans will be very excited to hear from this talented young man.
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

PostSubject: Re: October Idol News - 10/2/08   October Idol News - 10/2/08 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 1:53 pm

odd it works on my computer
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: October Idol News - 10/2/08   October Idol News - 10/2/08 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 3:28 pm

Taysiah wrote:
odd it works on my computer

:) Mae, your link probably does work okay, I have not tried it yet but thought others might want to know how well Josiah is doing. I'm very happy that his dreams are coming true.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: October Idol News - 10/2/08   October Idol News - 10/2/08 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 9:32 am

Great news!
~tyg
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: October Idol News - 10/2/08   October Idol News - 10/2/08 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 12:24 pm

Once again thanks so much CC, it's great to know that I will never miss anything as long as you keep posting. Thanks so much for all the news..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: October Idol News - 10/2/08   October Idol News - 10/2/08 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

October Idol News - 10/2/08
Page 1 of 1