Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Big Plans For Taylor Hicks

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Big Plans For Taylor Hicks Empty
PostSubject: Big Plans For Taylor Hicks   Big Plans For Taylor Hicks Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 11:18 am

December 2, 2008 - Posted by Marnie
Taylor Hicks sat down for an interview with BLOGCRITICS Magazine and, as author Sherry Lipp says, Taylor is exactly where he wants to be at this point in his career. Not only has the season five winner started his own record label, Modern Whomp Records, but he is also reprising his role as the Teen Angel in the production of Grease as of today. This time, however, it's for a national tour due to its tremendous success on Broadway. The most intriguing part about this is the fact that he will be incorporating his new album within the national theater tour. He will be performing songs off the new CD in intimate venues in the various tour cities. Interestingly enough, he will also be incorporating one of his singles into the play itself.

As far as the album goes, Taylor says, "There will be a few surprises on it. What's been great about this record is I've had total creative artistic freedom. That's really a great thing for me, because I allow myself to focus on what's best for creativity's sake and what's best for the audience's sake. It allowed me the opportunity to pick songs, like I was allowed the opportunity to pick songs on Idol." If you like albums that have a consistent style and sound throughout, this might not be the CD for you. As with his song choices on AI, Taylor doesn't limit himself to one genre of music. "I think with this record I've been able to hopefully take the listener on a musical journey into the songs I've written, and a lot of them touch on different styles. But the common thread is my voice." He hired studio musicians for the record, and even landed Paul McCartney's drummer.

The album has a February 10 release date while his new DVD, "Whomp at the Warfield," has been recorded but does not have a set date. As Taylor puts it, "It's been in the hopper for awhile, but we're about to put a bow around it and present it to everybody."

Another thing that changed was Taylor's style over the Idol season--visit his Transformation Gallery to re-live the fun of season five.
http://www.americanidol.com/photos/?set=277
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Big Plans For Taylor Hicks   Big Plans For Taylor Hicks Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 7:13 am

Big Plans For Taylor Hicks 527840 for posting the interview. However now I am confused, I thought the DVD was suppose to come out a week later than the album.

Big Plans For Taylor Hicks 709577 Jeesh Louise, is this DVD ever going to come out I wonder?
Back to top Go down
brootsie

brootsie

Female
Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2007-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Big Plans For Taylor Hicks   Big Plans For Taylor Hicks Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 9:40 am

thanks for the update! :lips
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Big Plans For Taylor Hicks   Big Plans For Taylor Hicks Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 12:02 pm

The memories of that win will forever be in my heart. Thanks for posting this interview.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Plans For Taylor Hicks   Big Plans For Taylor Hicks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Big Plans For Taylor Hicks
Page 1 of 1