Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Martys Recap and Set List

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Martys Recap and Set List Empty
PostSubject: Martys Recap and Set List   Martys Recap and Set List Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 6:55 pm

This is from Gypsee on her site
http://taylorconnections.com/topic/1104591/1/
I am still too overwhelmed to write this in full, but I will try. This was without a doubt the BEST Taylor Hicsks show of all time! First of all, here is the complete set list:

Here is the complete set list from Martyrs.

1. Soul Thing

2. Give Me Tonight

3. Heart and Soul

4. Heaven Knows/Maze

5. Compared to What

6. What's Right is Right

7. Gonna Move

8. Lowdown

9. The Deal

10. Womans Gotta Have It

11. Runaround

12. Great tag of "Love Light."

ENCORE:
Naked in the Jungle

Superstition

Original Encore was supposed to be:

The Right Place

Badge

OK...here goes. The opening band was awesome. They played til almost ten pm. The Taylor chant began, but eased off as people saw it would still be a while. We had gotten to Martyrs at 7 pm and so we got right up front. Taylor arrived and apparently went back to either rest or grab a bite to eat. At about 11:20, he literally EXPLODED onto the stage. We were right at his feet, which never stopped moving...lol.

The pure Joy of being in a club again in his own show was evident in his huge grin and continued playfullness with the fans. He was at the top of his game, wild and crazy, and so into this that it swept you away instantly.

Josh Smith and Brian Gallagher were there, and the rest of the band was new to me. All were amazing, especially the keyboard player. Taylor was in his element and the cast of "Grease" was in the house! We got cowbell, we got tamborine, we got harp, we got guitar...we got Taylor at his best ever! He wore bluejeans, black shirt and shiny jacket, brown snakeskin boots. He was looking and sounding the finest I've ever seen him.

We were hoping for Sweet Home Chicago, but that didn't occur. When the fans yelled, he responded kidding back. It was so very good to see him so happy up there! Oh and the few who tried recording, especially during his performance of the single, got told by Taylor in the middle of the song to 'GET THOSE CAMERAS OUT OF HERE." You can bet not a single camera appeared after that.

OK on to the single...AMAZING, STUPENDOUS, SOULFUL, OUTSTANDING, MOVING, SMOOTH AND SILKY...Did I leave any descriptives out? LOL...I was mesmermized by it and the way he sang it. He didn't announce that it was the single...just said let's try this song and see how you guys like it. We knew what was coming and it was WELL received and done to perfection.

The atmosphere was small and intimate...no matter where you were, you could see and hear. Taylor's mic was center and Josh was next to him on our left, and then came Brian G. Keyboard on the right. Taylor's appreciation of this band was in abundance and he played and goofed with the keyboard player all night. It was excellent! I have really not seen Taylor so relaxed and smiley as he was tonight....everyone was remarking about it. After the show, he came out to the side door by the bar and greeted fans, so we were able to say hi and tell him how absolutely fantastic the show was. He smiled a lot and seemed genuinely pleased to hear how much everyone enjoyed this.

This is what I can say....there were fans who had been to only a few shows and there were fans who had been to tons of show. EVERY PERSON IN THAT PLACE WAS FREAKIN BLOWN AWAY! I thank God for the privilege of being at this show and I thank Taylor for the time of my life! If this night had never ended, it would not be enough .
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
TaysGrl

Female
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-07-04

Martys Recap and Set List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martys Recap and Set List   Martys Recap and Set List Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 1:52 pm

Right on I was there too and it was perfection beyond I cannot wait to see Taylor again afterparties are the best to see this Alabama man in rare and raw form :-) ;-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lorettamarie1

Martys Recap and Set List
Page 1 of 1