Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Track review: Taylor's "What's Right Is Right"

Go down 
+3
wietzema
tygrlllie
DreamHrt
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Track review: Taylor's "What's Right Is Right" Empty
PostSubject: Track review: Taylor's "What's Right Is Right"   Track review: Taylor's "What's Right Is Right" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 6:22 am

Following a short stint at Arista, Taylor Hicks sounds like he is in his comfort zone on new single “What’s Right Is Right,” the lead single off of his latest release ’The Distance’ (March 10).

“What’s Right Is Right” features laid back jazz elements that can easily coexist with Hicks’ soulful vocals and create a subdued mood. The single is a horse of a different color in that it retains a catchy chorus despite the fact that it is defined by its bluesy cartilage. The lyrics are simple yet comforting coming (“When you cry I’m cryin’ / when you laugh I’m laughin’”) from Hicks, as he provides a steady structure to lean on through difficult times.

If Hicks had been given the chance to pursue this direction at the outset, he might be in a much different place than he is now, but he must still be satisfied with how things turned out. The independent scene seems to fit Taylor Hicks just right.
http://www.idollive.net/2009/01/track-review-taylors-whats-right-is.html
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Track review: Taylor's "What's Right Is Right"   Track review: Taylor's "What's Right Is Right" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 11:59 am

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Track review: Taylor's "What's Right Is Right" 05HappyDance
~tyg
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

PostSubject: Re: Track review: Taylor's "What's Right Is Right"   Track review: Taylor's "What's Right Is Right" Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 2:09 pm

If Hicks had been given the chance to pursue this direction at the outset, he might be in a much different place than he is now

Isn't this the truth?? If only he'd been given the chance but then maybe he wouldn't be who he is right now...I'm thrilled really thrilled...
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Track review: Taylor's "What's Right Is Right"   Track review: Taylor's "What's Right Is Right" Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 1:17 am

Personally, I'm glad he went through what he did. It helped him grow as a singer/songwriter. I think this new cd will prove it. He is now his own man, controlling his career the way he wants it to go and then some. I applaud Taylor's spirit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

PostSubject: Re: Track review: Taylor's "What's Right Is Right"   Track review: Taylor's "What's Right Is Right" Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 8:31 am

Very true denib, I think if Taylor had made a hit from the get go, he might have lost the drive that it has taken to do what he's doing now, Everything happens for a reason right??
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Track review: Taylor's "What's Right Is Right"   Track review: Taylor's "What's Right Is Right" Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 10:09 am

It sure does.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
brootsie

brootsie

Female
Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2007-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Track review: Taylor's "What's Right Is Right"   Track review: Taylor's "What's Right Is Right" Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 9:21 am

ditto!
Back to top Go down
naynaystay71

Female
Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Track review: Taylor's "What's Right Is Right"   Track review: Taylor's "What's Right Is Right" Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 12:31 pm

I agree
Back to top Go down
TaysLadybug
Administrator
TaysLadybug

Female
Number of posts : 766
Location : Arkansas/Or where ever Taylor is im gettin closer lol
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Track review: Taylor's "What's Right Is Right"   Track review: Taylor's "What's Right Is Right" Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 1:07 pm

Me too I love this review :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Track review: Taylor's "What's Right Is Right"   Track review: Taylor's "What's Right Is Right" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Track review: Taylor's "What's Right Is Right"
Page 1 of 1