Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

New Review Pop Music Cd Review

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

New Review Pop Music Cd Review Empty
PostSubject: New Review Pop Music Cd Review   New Review Pop Music Cd Review Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 6:13 pm

Taylor Hicks Pop Music CD Review
By Clyde Lee Dennis | Nov 03 2007 | Visit 204 | Words 388

I can describe the release from Pop Music sensation, and American Idol contestant Taylor Hicks for you with just one word… Outstanding!

Unfortunately, it's not everyday that I get a CD from an artist that I can just pop in and comfortably listen to from beginning to end. There is usually a song or two that I just can’t force myself to get through. Not at all the case with Taylor Hicks. Every track is enjoyable and was pretty easy for me to listen to from start to finish.

This CD is a nicely varied, mix of 12 tracks that are very well written songs by this clearly talented artist. Most of the songs display a lot of the kind emotion that makes for a really great listen. Clearly drawing from what I can only imagine are his own real life experiences. At different points touching on the most real emotions of love, heartbreak, pain, failed relationships and unattainable romance. They’re all here.

The nice thing about a CD like this is with this level of talent even if Pop Music isn’t your favorite style you still can’t help but appreciate the greatness of the artist.

Listen to this CD and I believe you’ll find there's not much to dis-like about it. The songs are inspired, the production is simply outstanding, and his voice is in top form.

While this entire CD is outstanding some of my favorites are track 2, Dream Myself Awake, track 4 Gonna Move, track 8, The Maze.

My SmoothLee Bonus Pick, and the one that got Sore [...as in "Stuck On REpeat"] is track 10, Soul Thing. Great track!

Taylor Hicks CD Release Notes:

Taylor Hicks originally released this self titled CD on December 12, 2006 on the Arista record label.

CD Track List Follows:

1. The Runaround
2. Dream Myself Awake
3. Heaven Knows
4. Gonna Move
5. Wherever I Lay My Hat
6. Give Me Tonight
7. Just To Feel That Way
8. The Maze
9. Places I've Been
10. Soul Thing
11. The Deal
12. The Right Place

Clyde Lee Dennis, a.k.a. SmoothLee is a life long music fanatic on a mission
to Soothe Souls Worldwide through positive messages and peaceful, soothing music”. A mission he accomplishes on a daily basis through his company http://www.smoothlee.com which operates the http://www.smoothjazz247.com

http://www.4free-articles.com/Arts-Entertainment/Music/Taylor-Hicks-Pop-Music-CD-Review-.html

New Review Pop Music Cd Review 600701
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: New Review Pop Music Cd Review   New Review Pop Music Cd Review Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 7:58 pm

AWSUME!!! That was great! Thanks for posting this
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: New Review Pop Music Cd Review   New Review Pop Music Cd Review Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 8:06 pm

:D It always gives me a warm, cuddley feeling when someone discovers the true talent of Taylor and can let others know just how awesome he is! I just love all of Taylor's music however my top favorite on the cd is "Where Ever I Lay My Hat" mainly because throughout the last year and a half he has been on the road so much and seems like it just fits. I also dig on "Gonna Move" because of the harmonica influence.

Taylor is top dog, period! Thanks for posting this.

Exclamation New Review Pop Music Cd Review 600701
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: New Review Pop Music Cd Review   New Review Pop Music Cd Review Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 10:37 pm

Ya know I've always felt bad the way some of these reporters and such treated Taylor and he never let it get him down, I always thought "Boy this guy has tough skin to let them say things that are not true and not bother him" And now I know that he's not only very talented but he's smart, very smart as well, He always said "One fan at a time" and maybe when he was recording "In Your Time" he was talking about himself, it will soon be "HIS TIME" and I think all those bad mouthing reporters and such will one day soon be sorry they ever doubted him in the first place... New Review Pop Music Cd Review 600701
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: New Review Pop Music Cd Review   New Review Pop Music Cd Review Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 9:15 pm

I can totally relate to this cd. Taylor's self titled cd sure helps me get through some stressful times. He was definately played on my cd player while I traveled cross country. Something about his voice and his music is so soothing to the soul. Ha! That's why they call it "soul" music. A big thank you to Taylor for being determined to make it big. New Review Pop Music Cd Review 600701
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: New Review Pop Music Cd Review   New Review Pop Music Cd Review Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 10:42 pm

I hear ya denib, Taylor's music has done so much for me, given me hope that the old world isn't a complete mess and there really are singers out there that sing FOR their fans..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Review Pop Music Cd Review   New Review Pop Music Cd Review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Review Pop Music Cd Review
Page 1 of 1