Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Merrymax's review of the Alabama Music awards..

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Merrymax's review of the Alabama Music awards.. Empty
PostSubject: Merrymax's review of the Alabama Music awards..   Merrymax's review of the Alabama Music awards.. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 9:22 am

I talked with Merrymax and she told me to go ahead and post this here, She had a wonderful time in Alabama but got very ill on the way home, Not sure if it's the flue or what but she is sick.. I hope you enjoy it..

Sorry this is late, but better late than never - did post it over at AI on Sunday night.
Have a great photo of us girls and will post it later!
There IS something about Taylor Hicks that is quite impressive.
Is it his looks, voice, personality, humbleness, soulfulness or performances?
It’s all of the aforementioned! Everytime I get to see or meet him it blows me away.
Alabama is a state that honors and loves their “own” it was so obvious at the Alabama Music Hall of Fame the other night. Some artists I knew, others not but it did not make one bit of difference.
The awards given are not limited to any particular style of music, it covers producers, songwriters, singers from all different recording labels. This place rocked all night and you can feel the history in that room.
Loved Taylor’s rendition of Soul Thing, yes, another one. What really amazes me is how he gets invited to be part of other group performances – he did great in Before He Cheats – proves once again Taylor can sing in any genre.
Gov Bill Riley was in attendance, he is the one that gave Taylor the Key to The City right before he won AI.
Another thing I just loved was when Angela Hacker accepted her Award, she thanked the Soul Patrol for helping.
We are respected as a coveted fanbase and recognized everywhere.
The press went and did a feature and photos of Taylor and The Soul Patrol.
This is happening in the real world and will continue on, no stopping any time soon.
Taylor was well represented and very happy to see whoever was able to attend. Met the person who was in charge of the whole event and she said that a DVD would be out in April of the entire night. Have her phone number in case we can’t get it off the site.
At the Red Carpet I waited, walked all over and put on my Taylor radar detector.
Two minutes later Lynnelle came running over "there he is"……. Man oh man, he is more handsome than ever, very thin, wore a bluish suit and striped shirt.
The young girls were going crazy, trampling over and lining up to get a photo with him. Was getting ready for my turn, looked to my left and another good sp buddy was talking to him. Was thrilled that he finally got his chance to meet Taylor.
Managed to shake his hand and hold it for what seemed to me forever (good enough for me) I was ready to jump in for the photo. Was knocked over by more young girls.

Merrymax's review of the Alabama Music awards.. Taylor2-22-20082

Merrymax's review of the Alabama Music awards.. Taylor2-22-083

Merrymax's review of the Alabama Music awards.. Taylor2-22-07
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Merrymax's review of the Alabama Music awards..   Merrymax's review of the Alabama Music awards.. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 1:12 pm

Wow! Thanks for bringing this over! Tell MerryMax I am so sorry she is feeling Ill again. I will keep her in my prayers!
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: Merrymax's review of the Alabama Music awards..   Merrymax's review of the Alabama Music awards.. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 2:22 pm

how lovely to hear a great story - thank her so much for sharing with us. I'm flattered. Also, tell her I hope she gets to feeling better very soon.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
tishlp

tishlp

Female
Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Merrymax's review of the Alabama Music awards..   Merrymax's review of the Alabama Music awards.. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 1:40 pm

What a great recap and beautiful pictures! I can totally understand why the young girls were lining up to get a picture with Taylor. Merrymax's review of the Alabama Music awards.. 322546
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

PostSubject: Re: Merrymax's review of the Alabama Music awards..   Merrymax's review of the Alabama Music awards.. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 3:32 pm

No kidding, I sure wish I had been one of them. Oh darn I'm not a young thang any more though ha..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Merrymax's review of the Alabama Music awards..   Merrymax's review of the Alabama Music awards.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Merrymax's review of the Alabama Music awards..
Page 1 of 1