Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Tidbits of Idol News - 1/10/09

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Tidbits of Idol News - 1/10/09 Empty
PostSubject: Tidbits of Idol News - 1/10/09   Tidbits of Idol News - 1/10/09 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 10:14 am

hello Thought I would catch up on some idol news. Here goes:

Tidbits of Idol News - 1/10/09 839840 The Grammys aired on Sunday, 2/8/09 and two of our idols did pretty well. Carrie Underwood won for "Best Country Female Artist" and season 3's Jennifer Hudson also won for "Best R&B Album". Congrats go to both of these ladies.

:flowerheart: Speaking of Jennifer Hudson, she made an appearance at the Superbowl and gave a tearful rendition of the National Anthem. This was her first public appearance since her family tragedy. She also performed at the Grammy's and again it was somewhat tearful. Next she will be giving a performance at the NAACP awards which airs on February 12th. It has also been announced that she will be touring soon. My heart goes out to this young woman and I wish her nothing but happiness in the future.

clap David Cook has much to celebrate as his album has gone platinum. His single "The Time of My Life" has also sold over 2 million downloads. At this time he is still going strong on the Billboard charts and we wish him continued success. One last note on David is he performed at different bases on a USO tour.

wiggle Kellie Pickler will be on tour this summer as the opening act for Taylor Swift who is having unbelievable success with her latest album. I am not a fan of Taylor and do not see the attraction but obviously many do like her. Kellie is also doing fairly well on the country charts.

🍌 Kelly Clarkson is making a huge comeback with her latest release. She jumped up the charts from #97 to #1 with her single "My Life Would Suck Without You". I have listened to this newest song and for some reason I am not crazy about it. I loved her first two albums. Anyway, much success to our first-titled idol whose full album comes out on March 10th.

Tidbits of Idol News - 1/10/09 201170 Not much else going on in idol news so will close for now. One last thought however, remember this week the top 36 will be picked for our latest season of American Idol. Be back later with my re-cap. Until then:

Tidbits of Idol News - 1/10/09 13092
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Tidbits of Idol News - 1/10/09   Tidbits of Idol News - 1/10/09 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 7:09 pm

Interesting....two Idols releasing March 10th......
~tyg
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Tidbits of Idol News - 1/10/09   Tidbits of Idol News - 1/10/09 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 10:25 am

Yeah, I caught that. Hmmmm

I caught Kelly Clarkson's news on Jango and had a chance to hear a small snippet of the song. Not too impressed which is a shame for so much talent.
I loved seeing Jennifer Hudson's performance at the SuperBowl and the Grammys. Bless this girl's heart!
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tidbits of Idol News - 1/10/09   Tidbits of Idol News - 1/10/09 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tidbits of Idol News - 1/10/09
Page 1 of 1