Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Castro Valley woman has date with destiny

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Castro Valley woman has date with destiny Empty
PostSubject: Castro Valley woman has date with destiny   Castro Valley woman has date with destiny Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 3:45 pm

CASTRO VALLEY — Call it intuition — or even fate.

But whatever it is, Lyn Courtney-Christian is sure glad she ran with it and asked her daughter to apply for a chance to win a date with recording artist and "American Idol" winner Taylor Hicks.

"We're both huge fans and I just had a funny feeling that she might get picked," Courtney-Christian said.

Her daughter, Julie Courtney, took the request in stride and applied on a whim.

On Thursday — nearly two weeks after submitting an online application — Courtney will appear on the morning talk show "Live! with Regis and Kelly" as a finalist to win that date.

"I figured the producers would be receiving thousands of entries and that this was definitely a long shot," she said. "But here I am heading to New York. My mom would definitely like to have Taylor as a son-in-law!"

Courtney, 31, said she was surprised that fans and viewers catapulted her into the top three in votes received on the show's Web site. The three finalists will participate in a "Dating with the Stars" game during the show, in which Hicks will ask them questions in an attempt to select his date.

Courtney was born and raised in Castro Valley, and is a 1996 graduate of Castro Valley High School. She currently is a real estate agent with RE/MAX in Castro Valley.

Like Hicks, Courtney has a passion for singing and frequently performs locally.

"I'm trying to stay positive

because I would really love to go on that date," Courtney said. "I'm just really excited."

"Live! with Regis and Kelly" airs at 9 a.m. on KGO-TV, Channel 7, the Bay Area's ABC affiliate.
http://www.insidebayarea.com/dailyreview/localnews/ci_11725142
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Castro Valley woman has date with destiny   Castro Valley woman has date with destiny Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 3:59 pm

Well, at least I know ONE is more than a pretty face. That makes me feel better about this whole thing.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Castro Valley woman has date with destiny   Castro Valley woman has date with destiny Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 12:39 pm

Me too! I voted for this lovely lady and was glad to see that she got picked to be his date. I think they will have a great time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Castro Valley woman has date with destiny   Castro Valley woman has date with destiny Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Castro Valley woman has date with destiny
Page 1 of 1