Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Catching Up On Idol News - 3/21/09

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Catching Up On Idol News - 3/21/09 Empty
PostSubject: Catching Up On Idol News - 3/21/09   Catching Up On Idol News - 3/21/09 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 9:45 am

Catching Up On Idol News - 3/21/09 42519 To idol news catch-up. Hope you enjoy reading about some of your favorites. Here goes:

Catching Up On Idol News - 3/21/09 195404

Lindsey Cardinale celebrated her 24th birthday on Feb. 4th. Since her season 4 time on idol she went back to school and got her degree in Radiology. In 2005 she did release a maxi-single with the songs "Drive" and "Nothin Like A Dream". Still good friends with Carrie Underwood, she is currently working on a country album. Fans can check out her myspace page for all the latest details.

Cutie Chris Richardson turned 25 years old on Feb. 19th. Many may not be aware that Chris plays the guitar, drums and piano and wrote 2 of Blake Lewis's songs on his Audio Daydream album. They were "What'cha Got 2 Lose" and "Human" which was a bonus track. He also had a single called "All Alone" which was leaked on the internet and received very well by the fans. (I've heard this track and it is awesome). Recently he made a guest appearance on the Jason Mraz "Music, Magic and Makepeace" tour. Currently he is working on a new debut album.

Season 2's Kimberley Caldwell celebrated her 27th birthday on Feb. 25th. I am sure many of you know she is quite the correspondent on many of the idol shows which air on the TV Guide channel. She also was envied by many for dating Season 7 winner David Cook. Besides all her correspondent work she is currently working on a debut album.

March 10th, Carrie Underwood celebrated her 26th birthday. As you know Carrie is till going great guns in the country field. Recently she won her 4th Grammy for her song "Last Name" in the "Female Vocal Performance". The Grammies aired in February. What some of you may not know is the song "Home Sweet Home" which is the exit song for this season's contestants is a remake of a song by Motley Crue. It was released on ITunes on March 16th and a portion of the sales will benefit the Human Society of the United States.

Catching Up On Idol News - 3/21/09 195404 We want to wish all our idol alums belated best wishes and continued success.

Catching Up On Idol News - 3/21/09 451785 Coming on April 23rd is the annual "Dove Awards" show which pays homage to Gospel/Christian genre of music. Two of our alums Chris Sligh (season 6) and Mandisa (season 5) have received nominations. Chris is up for "Song of The Year" and "Best New Artist". Mandisa is up for "Female Vocalist of The Year". We want to congratulate both for their wonderful success in this field and hope they win in their categories. One last note: Chris Sligh is one of the songwriters of the latest release by Rascal Flatts entitled "Here Comes Goodbye".

wiggle Seems another idol alum in the form of Phil Stacey has decided to also go the Gospel/Christian route in his career. Currently he is working with Chris Sligh on a new album. Phil had some success with his single "If You Didn't Love Me" which peaked at #28 on the country music charts of Billboard. He is also on tour currently with another season 6 alum Melinda Doolittle. Fifteen new tour dates have been announced which you can check out on his website. Speaking of Melinda, she released a new debut album this year entitled "Coming Back To You". It peaked at #29 on the Billboard charts. Best wishes to both of these super talented people.

clap Good news as it was announced that Diana DeGarmo (season 3) has finally released some new music on cdbaby.com. Her "Unplugged in Nashville" contains 4 tracks which are called "Kiss Me", "Like I'm Not Even Here", "Thank You" and "Find Me". I heard all of them and I must say our Diana sounds great. She also appeared in the stage play "Hairspray" and has recently been cast in the stage play "Bacharach and David" which features the songs of Burt Bacharach and David Foster made between 1960 and 1970. Between her stage commitments, she is also working on a full album release of country music. Good job Diana!

🍌 Belated congrats go to Jennifer Hudson for her self-titled debut release which garnered a Grammy in February for "Best R&B Album". This was a nice moment for our Jen who as you all know lost some of her family members in a true tragedy prior to the awards show. Her album is still doing quite well on the Billboard charts.

Catching Up On Idol News - 3/21/09 322546 Katharine McPhee is continuing her acting career. She has been casted in the romantic comedy entitled "Wedlocked" opposite TV star David Annable. As you may remember she co-starred in the movie "The House Bunny" in 2008. Later this year she will also appear in the suspense movie called "The Storyteller". Fans of Kat can also see her in mid April in the television show CSI:NY. Since signing with Verve Records, she is also working on a new album which is set to release later this year. Way to go Kat!

nono David Cook has had great success with his single "The Time Of My Life" which has had over one million downloads. His self-titled album has also gone platinum and currently he is on "The Declaration Tour" which I am sure is making his fans delirious with joy. You rock David!

Catching Up On Idol News - 3/21/09 299357 One final bit of news. Seems season 1 Kelly Clarkson's newest album release is #1 on the Hot 200 chart of Billboard. She has had great success with her first single off the album which is called "My Life Would Suck Without You". Kelly fans just can not get enough of our first idol winner.

I am happy to say that our adorable Taylor is also back on the charts with his album "The Distance" debuting at #58 on the Hot 200 and his single "What's Right is Right" at #26 on the Hot Adult Contemporary chart. Catching Up On Idol News - 3/21/09 600701

That's the news for now and until next time Catching Up On Idol News - 3/21/09 13092
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up On Idol News - 3/21/09   Catching Up On Idol News - 3/21/09 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 10:19 am

Great news.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up On Idol News - 3/21/09   Catching Up On Idol News - 3/21/09 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 9:59 pm

Catching Up On Idol News - 3/21/09 951557 I forgot to mention on the tidbit of news about Taylor that he is also on the Top Independent charts at #5. I did post this also on "The Distance" segment of this website. I am so thrilled for him!
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up On Idol News - 3/21/09   Catching Up On Idol News - 3/21/09 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 10:37 am

Really? Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~tyg
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up On Idol News - 3/21/09   Catching Up On Idol News - 3/21/09 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 11:50 am

I so excited to see our Idols doing well. Especially Melinda, Mandisa, Chirs Sligh and Chis Richardson. Thanks for the updates CC.
It's sooooo nice to see Taylor doing well. Catching Up On Idol News - 3/21/09 767307
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up On Idol News - 3/21/09   Catching Up On Idol News - 3/21/09 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Catching Up On Idol News - 3/21/09
Page 1 of 1