Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Chris Daughtry Collaborates With Vince Gill

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Chris Daughtry Collaborates With Vince Gill Empty
PostSubject: Chris Daughtry Collaborates With Vince Gill   Chris Daughtry Collaborates With Vince Gill Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 9:26 pm

I"d love to hear what ya all think of this one..

How much do you want to bet that country radio will play him?

From MJ's blog...

Chris Daughtry and his band are gearing up for the release of their next album, Leave this Town due out July 14.

In this interview with AOL’s PopEater blog, Chris reveals that country music star, Vince Gill, appears on one of the cuts on the new album:

As well as the songs you guys co-wrote together, were there any guest appearances on the album?
Chris: Brian and I wrote a song together called ‘Tennessee Line,’ which has a bit of a country flavor. See, last time we had Slash on the record, and for this one we had Vince Gill, who I think is one of the greatest country vocalists out there, and he did some great harmonies and vocal bits for the song - which also has a fiddle in it. It’s real cool. I just think the whole record is a body of work and I think listening to it from beginning to end is going to take the listener through an entire experience.

Chris promises a lot of variety this time, “We have a lot of hard rock tunes on there, pop rock, ballads, and some songs with hints of country, some hints of dance beats,” he adds, “I think we’re going to reach a broader audience this time.”

Also, his band, bassist Josh Paul, drummer Joey Barnes, and guitarists Brian Craddock and Josh Steely got to play on, and contribute ideas to the album, unlike their debut which featured studio musicians.

“The cool thing is that, in the studio, we were all chipping in with different ideas,” says Chris, “Like ‘Let’s try this guitar part, or this melody,’ and things like that, which we didn’t get to do on the last record.” Chris adds, “This time, everybody’s influences seemed to make their way into the songs.”
Back to top Go down
naynaystay71

Female
Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Chris Daughtry Collaborates With Vince Gill   Chris Daughtry Collaborates With Vince Gill Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 9:32 pm

Pardon me while I go vomit. I have just lost all respect for Vince Gill.
Chris Daughtry Collaborates With Vince Gill 555837 lol! Chris Daughtry Collaborates With Vince Gill 610414 Chris Daughtry Collaborates With Vince Gill 57823 Chris Daughtry Collaborates With Vince Gill 66645 😕 Chris Daughtry Collaborates With Vince Gill 66645 :mouth: Chris Daughtry Collaborates With Vince Gill 17486 Chris Daughtry Collaborates With Vince Gill 241342 lol! Chris Daughtry Collaborates With Vince Gill 245532
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Chris Daughtry Collaborates With Vince Gill   Chris Daughtry Collaborates With Vince Gill Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 9:48 pm

Now that's a LOT Of emotion going on there!!! :)
Back to top Go down
naynaystay71

Female

PostSubject: Re: Chris Daughtry Collaborates With Vince Gill   Chris Daughtry Collaborates With Vince Gill Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 10:01 pm

Sorry I got carried away with the emotion icons. I just thought Vince was above that poser,I just can't believe Vince & Daug...oh I can't even say it.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Chris Daughtry Collaborates With Vince Gill   Chris Daughtry Collaborates With Vince Gill Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 10:40 pm

It's ok. I was just teasing you..

I'm just surprised that Chris would even consider country music of any kind. It just doesn't seem to be his style or what he wants to do. Show's ya what I know huh??
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Chris Daughtry Collaborates With Vince Gill   Chris Daughtry Collaborates With Vince Gill Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 11:56 am

Wow, what a surprise this is. Daughtry, singing country? Who would've thought it.

{Listen Chris, a piece of advice. Stay with rock. That's where you belong.}
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: Chris Daughtry Collaborates With Vince Gill   Chris Daughtry Collaborates With Vince Gill Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 11:58 am

No joke - he doesn't need to be monopolizing that much airspace.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Chris Daughtry Collaborates With Vince Gill   Chris Daughtry Collaborates With Vince Gill Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 3:46 pm

naynaystay71 wrote:
Pardon me while I go vomit. I have just lost all respect for Vince Gill.
Chris Daughtry Collaborates With Vince Gill 555837 lol! Chris Daughtry Collaborates With Vince Gill 610414 Chris Daughtry Collaborates With Vince Gill 57823 Chris Daughtry Collaborates With Vince Gill 66645 😕 Chris Daughtry Collaborates With Vince Gill 66645 :mouth: Chris Daughtry Collaborates With Vince Gill 17486 Chris Daughtry Collaborates With Vince Gill 241342 lol! Chris Daughtry Collaborates With Vince Gill 245532

:) You are definitely my kind of person as I so agree with this assessment.
Back to top Go down
naynaystay71

Female

PostSubject: Re: Chris Daughtry Collaborates With Vince Gill   Chris Daughtry Collaborates With Vince Gill Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 6:51 pm

Thanks, CC I'm a long time Vince Gill fan. He so talented and has the voice of an angel. I'm just curious to who came up with the idea of the colaberation. We know Daughtry couldn't have he's not that smart.Chris Daughtry Collaborates With Vince Gill 610414
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Chris Daughtry Collaborates With Vince Gill   Chris Daughtry Collaborates With Vince Gill Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 7:37 pm

Makes you wonder,don't it?
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Chris Daughtry Collaborates With Vince Gill   Chris Daughtry Collaborates With Vince Gill Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 8:59 am

naynaystay71 wrote:
Thanks, CC I'm a long time Vince Gill fan. He so talented and has the voice of an angel. I'm just curious to who came up with the idea of the colaberation. We know Daughtry couldn't have he's not that smart.Chris Daughtry Collaborates With Vince Gill 610414

:) You got that right, Daughtry is not too clever. I also like Vince Gill and that is rare as I do not care for country music that much but I do have some of his music. I just can not believe how many cds Chris has sold as I find that whole album lousy and each time I hear one of his songs on the radio I turn the channel. Man alive am I sick of his music!
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Chris Daughtry Collaborates With Vince Gill   Chris Daughtry Collaborates With Vince Gill Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 6:18 pm

I totally agree with you CC. I end up grinding my teeth when I hear him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris Daughtry Collaborates With Vince Gill   Chris Daughtry Collaborates With Vince Gill Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chris Daughtry Collaborates With Vince Gill
Page 1 of 1