Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

It's too exciting for words...

Go down 
+2
concertcris
azsoul
6 posters
AuthorMessage
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

It's too exciting for words... Empty
PostSubject: It's too exciting for words...   It's too exciting for words... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 3:02 am

Does It's too exciting for words... 584949 give you any hints?????

OK, I give...I'll tell y'all what's going on. hehe

Tomorrow I'm going to High Corbett Field to meet Elliot Yamin. He will be there from 5:45 til 6:30 signing autographs then he'll participate in the opening ceremonies for the baseball game. It's too exciting for words... 451785 I'm taking the two older boys with me so I don't act too dorky when I meet him. LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: It's too exciting for words...   It's too exciting for words... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 8:38 am

woo hoo I'm so excited for you! I missed my opportunity to see him when he came to Sparks so let him know he has fans all over. Have a great time!

It's too exciting for words... 13092
Back to top Go down
naynaystay71

Female
Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: It's too exciting for words...   It's too exciting for words... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 8:46 am

:flowerheart: Say hi to E-man from me. I am so jealous of you right now, but in a good way. Have fun.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's too exciting for words...   It's too exciting for words... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 10:50 am

Thank you ladies. I'll pass on the "hellos" for you. I just hope the game doesn't get rained out. We've been having monsoon rains the last couple of days. The clouds are usually rolling in right around game time. Keep your fingers crossed. I am!!!
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's too exciting for words...   It's too exciting for words... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 7:03 pm

UPDATE:

My meeting with Elliot Yamin -

Jonathan, Eric and I arrived at High Corbet Field about 4:50. At that time there wasn't a whole lot of people around so we went up to the ticket window and purchased our tickets for the baseball game. I asked where Elliot would be signing autographs and the nice lady told me the location. I herded the boys to the gate closest to where he would be so I'd know exactlly what area to be in. (didn't want to get lost in the crowd)

At 5:35 they opened the gates and let us in. Since we were alittle early, the boys and I decided to eat something and find out where our seats where going to be. It had been a long time since I last visited High Corbet Field so things were a little bit different from what I was use to. We sat down for a couple of minutes, ate our hot dogs then husseled our butts over to the 93.7 KRQ tent. By the time we got there a long line had already formed. Rats!!!

I pulled out my camera and took a few shots of the boys. I waited for the right time and position to get a picture or two of Elliot as well. I couldn't wait to see him face to face. As we were walking by the tent I managed to get a glimse of him. Like Taylor, he is so much more good looking in person. We stood in line for what seemed like forever. (this is according to Eric) Approx time was more like 35 to 40 minutes. The line had to move fairly quick as Elliot was to go on the playing field to perform the National Anthem.

There he was standing right in front of me. Jodie, you would be proud of me. Instead of being "star stuck" I held out my hand and said hello right away. He shook my hand and smiled the cutest smile ever. I introduced him to the boys and he asked them how they were doing and if they were having fun. Eric (not shy at all) said he was having a great time and Grandma was going to buy them ice cream next. Elliot laugh out loud at that comment. I wanted to die. Jonathan is alittle bit more shy and simply said Hello. I asked for an autograph. Elliot asked me my name and how to spell it. (what is it about my name that's so difficult? Taylor asked the same question when I met him) LOL

I got the same giddy feeling putting my arm around Elliot's waist as I did when I got my picture taken with Taylor. Must be because I'm a horny old lady who likes younger men. ROFLMAO That's not really true, honest.....the horny old lady part anyway. LOL

I knew they had to hurry things up but I asked if I could get a picture of the two of us. Being the kind gentleman he is he said, Of course. I handed my camera to Jonathan joking to Elliot that he was my personal photographer. Elliot thought that was funny. I also said I was passing along HELLO's from many of my friends. He said to say HI back. So to everyone....Elliot says HELLO.

Then it was done. It was worth battling the heat, humidity, and crowds on a late Saturday afternoon in July. And yes, I did buy the boys ice cream after all was said and done.

I do have pictures but they need to be uploaded into my computer. Once that's done I will post them for all to see.
Oh...If Elliot Yamin comes back to Tucosn for a concert I'm definately breaking the bank. You think his voice sounds good on his Cd's....OMG, he's dreamy sounding in person. I personally got chills listening to him sing the National Anthem last night. He's incredible.
Back to top Go down
naynaystay71

Female
Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: It's too exciting for words...   It's too exciting for words... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 8:03 pm

Yeah, go Denise. Thanks for passing the hello's. He sounds like a doll.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's too exciting for words...   It's too exciting for words... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 8:18 pm

He is. And just like with Taylor I wish I could have spent a minute or two more talking to him but I'm happy with the few that I did get. NO COMPLAINTS HERE!!! :)
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: It's too exciting for words...   It's too exciting for words... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 8:20 pm

Agreed - thanks for passing along our hellos and a great story. Love pocket riding!
~tyg
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: It's too exciting for words...   It's too exciting for words... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 11:27 pm

Oh I love it when a member does an update! Thanks Deni!! Sounds like you had a blast I always loved elliott.. You so deserved this and yes I am proud of you! Umm this does mean when we go to meet Tay again that you will be the more courages one right? lol
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: It's too exciting for words...   It's too exciting for words... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 9:00 am

It's too exciting for words... 527840 for the update about Elliott. I agree Elliott is truly one nice guy and appreciates the fans. I noticed this myself when I saw him in person during that rehearsal I saw when he was part of the top 3 in season 5. Sadly I was unable to get his autograph but did shake hands with him as he came into the audience for a brief moment. Yeppers he is definitely good-looking in person. Sounds like you had a wonderful moment there and thanks for sharing it.

It's too exciting for words... 839840
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's too exciting for words...   It's too exciting for words... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 12:24 pm

Honestly Jodie, I think I can do it next time. I admit....I was "star-struck" when we met Taylor. I'll be alittle more assertive next time I meet him.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: It's too exciting for words...   It's too exciting for words... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 8:02 am

Wow great recap, of course I'm late as usual but how lucky for you to get to meet Elliott, I have an internet friend that is a HUGE fan of Elliott and she's met him and said he's one of the nicest guys ever, I could only hope to met him or Taylor and I envey anyone that gets the chance. Good Going..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's too exciting for words...   It's too exciting for words... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's too exciting for words...
Page 1 of 1