Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Paula Abdul Says She Will Leave ‘American Idol’

Go down 
+3
tygrlllie
concertcris
wietzema
7 posters
AuthorMessage
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Paula Abdul Says She Will Leave ‘American Idol’ Empty
PostSubject: Paula Abdul Says She Will Leave ‘American Idol’   Paula Abdul Says She Will Leave ‘American Idol’ Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 9:49 pm

After weeks of negotiations with the producers of “American Idol,” Paula Abdul said Tuesday evening that she was leaving the top-rated singing competition.

“With sadness in my heart, I’ve decided not to return to #IDOL,” Ms. Adbul wrote on Twitter.

“I’ll miss nurturing all the new talent,” she wrote, “but most of all being a part of a show that I helped from day 1 become an international phenomenon.”

Fox had no immediate comment.

Her apparent decision came one day after Fox said Kara DioGuardi would return as a judge next season. The show is preparing for the first appearance, later this month, of potential contestants for the show’s ninth season before the judging panel.

Ms. Abdul’s contract expired at the end of last season, and she had been negotiating for a substantial raise from the estimated $2 million that she earned last year.

Ms. Abdul had said that she wanted to return to the show, and Fox Broadcasting and the show’s producers had said they want her back. Last week on Twitter she had written, “I hope you can understand I can only return to Idol if the deal is fair.”

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2009...-american-idol/
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Paula Abdul Says She Will Leave ‘American Idol’   Paula Abdul Says She Will Leave ‘American Idol’ Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 8:28 am

:( This is truly a bummer I think. Paula was such a staple with the show in spite of her antics. I am saddened that she will not be on the new season of AI. I also am not happy that Kara will be her replacement more or less. I think Simon will also miss Paula alot as he does not have the same chemistry with Kara as he did Paula. I now wonder if many will defect from the show with Paula gone. This may be the beginning of the end for the show.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: Paula Abdul Says She Will Leave ‘American Idol’   Paula Abdul Says She Will Leave ‘American Idol’ Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 10:36 am

This IS sad - she was fun and I will miss her. I believe ratings are so going to drop over this, don't you?
~tyg
Back to top Go down
naynaystay71

Female
Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Paula Abdul Says She Will Leave ‘American Idol’   Paula Abdul Says She Will Leave ‘American Idol’ Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 11:16 am

Paula Abdul Says She Will Leave ‘American Idol’ 833804 I think Idol has 2 more seasons left then it's done with, 10 years is a good run for any tv program. JMO.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Paula Abdul Says She Will Leave ‘American Idol’   Paula Abdul Says She Will Leave ‘American Idol’ Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 12:11 pm

It broke my heart when I read this on Twitter yesterday. I totally agree...it's the beginning of the end of American Idol.

Yes Renee, I agree with you. I think ten seasons is a good enough run for a TV show. It's been an interesting eight so far.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Paula Abdul Says She Will Leave ‘American Idol’   Paula Abdul Says She Will Leave ‘American Idol’ Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 2:41 pm

I hope TPTB and Simon can do something to change this, I've read that she's upset about the amount that Ryan will be getting, which to me is not totally believeable, His amount is over a 3 year period and Paula wanted more than that, I can't get over the idea that IF she doesn't return to Idol what will she do that will make her the amount she could have been making, Money truly is the root of all evil..
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Paula Abdul Says She Will Leave ‘American Idol’   Paula Abdul Says She Will Leave ‘American Idol’ Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 5:38 pm

the LOVE of money is the root of all evil.
And you can love money without having two nickels to rub together.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Paula Abdul Says She Will Leave ‘American Idol’   Paula Abdul Says She Will Leave ‘American Idol’ Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 8:39 pm

You're right Mae, of course you can love money without having any, but why is it that the worst things seems to happen to those that try to buy their way through life?

I personally think there is more to this story, I think it was AI signing Kara that broke the camels back with Paula, Of course that is a guess on my part but it seems that so shortly after Kara was signed Paula doesn't sign. I never believed her to be a money hungry person like Simon so it makes no sence to me.
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Paula Abdul Says She Will Leave ‘American Idol’   Paula Abdul Says She Will Leave ‘American Idol’ Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 10:33 pm

All I can say is if they planned on not hiring Paula back the least they could have done was gotton a good replacement ugg I dont like Kara at allllllllllllll.. I think they should do a show where past winners judge :)
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Paula Abdul Says She Will Leave ‘American Idol’   Paula Abdul Says She Will Leave ‘American Idol’ Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 1:20 am

DreamHrt wrote:
All I can say is if they planned on not hiring Paula back the least they could have done was gotton a good replacement ugg I dont like Kara at allllllllllllll.. I think they should do a show where past winners judge :)

I totally agree with that. And if past Idol winners were able to pick Paula's replacement, Kara would be so outta there.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Paula Abdul Says She Will Leave ‘American Idol’   Paula Abdul Says She Will Leave ‘American Idol’ Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 7:54 am

Well there will still be 4 judges, well at least for a couple of weeks. I found this last night and am posting it so you all can see it. Now I don't know for sure who this is BUT last night it was all the talk on the AI boards and not happy talk either..

Victoria Beckham to replace Paula Abdul as American Idol judge[B]
Exclusive by Clemmie Moodie 6/08/2009

Victoria Beckham is to replace Paula Abdul as a judge on American Idol.

The former Spice Girl begins filming the new series this week after fellow judge Simon Cowell got her on board.

Posh has agreed to guest in at least two episodes and will make an estimated £155,000.

Pop star-turned-fashion designer Victoria, 35, will join Cowell, Randy Jackson and songwriter Kara DioGuardi for the series which begins tomorrow.

A source told the Mirror: “Victoria is hugely flattered as this is one of the highest profile gigs in America.

“It really is a big deal. Her husband David may be getting a bit of stick at the moment but Victoria’s profile Stateside has never been higher. Network bosses would love to give her the job full-time and it looks like it’s there for her if she wants it.

“But at the moment, Victoria’s main priority is fashion. She doesn’t really need any distractions.

“She has also been back at New York fashion week in September to launch her 2010 collection.

“However, Victoria’s appearance on American Idol is sure to provide a massive ratings boost in the UK so, really, everyone’s a winner.”

The news follows Paula’s announcement yesterday, via Twitter, that she was quitting the talent show.

She wrote: “With sadness in my heart, I’ve decided not to return."

“I’ll miss nurturing all the new talent but, most of all, being a part of a show that I helped from day one become an international phenomenon.”

Although she did not specify any reasons for her decision, it is thought she quit over a pay row.

Fronted by Ryan Seacrest, American Idol is the most popular show in the US, with the last series drawing an average 26.3 million viewers per episode.

Last night a spokesman for Victoria declined to comment.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2009/0...15875-21574361/
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Paula Abdul Says She Will Leave ‘American Idol’   Paula Abdul Says She Will Leave ‘American Idol’ Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 11:45 am

WTF????? I certainly hope they (AI) don't decide to "replace" Paula just because she choose to leave Idol. Especially with Victoria Beckham. After watching how the judges ate up time (Kara and Paula's talking) I seriously don't think another judge needs to be added. LEAVE IT AT THREE....PLEASE!!!

(Paula, we need you back)
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: Paula Abdul Says She Will Leave ‘American Idol’   Paula Abdul Says She Will Leave ‘American Idol’ Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 6:13 pm

Paula Abdul Says She Will Leave ‘American Idol’ 57823 This is absolutely nuts in my opinion. "Posh" Beckham is no where anything like Paula as far as talent goes. Sure she was a Spice girl but tried to go solo and failed with her music career. She has had more luck in the fashion world but in reality being married to David Beckham has kept her in the news. I am wondering if Simon had a hand in this crap. After all she is English like him.

I also feel we do not need four judges, period! Jeesh, we had so much yakking between the four of them last season which ran the show over so many times. What the hell are the producers of American Idol thinking? If I was Paula I would be humilated with this latest development.

I have a feeling this is the beginning of the end of this show.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Paula Abdul Says She Will Leave ‘American Idol’   Paula Abdul Says She Will Leave ‘American Idol’ Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 8:27 pm

I watched Ryan's E-News tonight and he said it's a done deal. And that the new judge, will be in place tomorrow at the auditions, don't remember where he said they'll be. He said he feels sad that Paula is not coming back and he wish's her all the best.
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: Paula Abdul Says She Will Leave ‘American Idol’   Paula Abdul Says She Will Leave ‘American Idol’ Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 7:20 am

Just read on the weekly rundown of events that Nigel Lythgoe says that Paula is welcome to join So You Think You Can Dance team. No word if Paula will accept but that would be so cool as Paula could utilize her talent as a choreographer. SYTYCD is becoming quite popular and they are starting a new season on September 9th. Also I believe Paula has a new album coming out in September. Sure hoping it goes over big but who knows with the crazy way the music game is today. I know I am buying it regardless as I have always liked Paula as a singer.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: Paula Abdul Says She Will Leave ‘American Idol’   Paula Abdul Says She Will Leave ‘American Idol’ Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 11:46 am

That'd be a cool place for her to wind up, actually. And Posh, huh? Not my favourite Spice Girl, but hey - it's not like I pay too much attention to what's behind the judge's table much of the time anyhow.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Paula Abdul Says She Will Leave ‘American Idol’   Paula Abdul Says She Will Leave ‘American Idol’ Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 9:04 pm

So true. Paula Abdul Says She Will Leave ‘American Idol’ 399539 I don't really listen to what the judges have to say most of the time anyway. Especally when it comes to Simon. Besides, I agree that being on SYTYCD will be more to Paula's liking. She can use her skills as a dancer/choreographer to help these new kids. She will still be able to help develop new talent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paula Abdul Says She Will Leave ‘American Idol’   Paula Abdul Says She Will Leave ‘American Idol’ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1