Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Idols At The American Music Awards

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Idols At The American Music Awards Empty
PostSubject: Idols At The American Music Awards   Idols At The American Music Awards Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 6:26 am

Idols At The American Music Awards 833804 Not sure how many caught the American Music Awards show but several of our idols made appearances. It was definitely a show filled with performances and very few awards. I was shocked that Taylor Swift took so many of the big awards as I find her to be mediocre as an artist but obviously many like her. I was happy people recognized Michael Jackson for some of the awards however the whole concept of the show seemed lost with so many performances. Here is my take on some of them:

Daughtry's performance seemed boring to me but I give him kudos for being a good singer.

Kelly Clarkson showed she definitely has talent as a singer however I was stunned how heavy she has gotten.

Carrie Underwood I feel gave a great performance even though I am not wild about country music. She looked amazing.

Kris Allen looked good but seemed to be overwhelmed during his moment on stage with Demi Lovato.

Now for Adam Lambert. You all know I am a fan of this talented guy but I think he made a huge mistake with his performance of "For Your Entertainment". To say the least the whole performance was vulgar and not right to do for a new artist who plans to make a career in music. Everyone knows he is gay but to flaunt it in the manner he did was not right. I have read many negative comments about his act and frankly speaking he may have killed his debut release due to this performance. I know I am still buying his music as his talent is fantastic in my book but my advice to him would be to tone down his gay image a bit. Don't get me wrong I could care less if he is gay as my motto is to each his own but on national television this performance was not appropiate.

As for other performers on the show, I enjoyed seeing The Black-Eyed Peas, Shakira, Timbaland and Janet Jackson (I however thought her outfit was not so good). Alicia Keys was great with her singing but have never been a huge fan of Jay-Z. Green Day gave a good performance overall. Keith Urban sang great but I was distracted with his too dry hair look that seemed to be sticking out all over. Jennifer Lopez was just so-so in my opinion even though I have liked her music in the past. Lady GaGa was ridiculous in my opinion. Whitney Houston showed she can still belt it out but was not wild about the song. Eminem and 50 Cent were a waste as most of their song was bleeped and frankly speaking I could not understand a word they said. If I left anyone out of the performances it is because it was not memorable.

Last but not least it was great seeing Paula Abdul on the show. She looks great. Ryan Seacrest was a plus for his moment on stage. One highlight was the moment with Rascal Flatts when they were giving their presentation. The sound of the show was not so good as it kept going out but their comment was priceless when the mic echoed back when they were talking.

I look forward to hearing your comments if you did watch the show.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Idols At The American Music Awards   Idols At The American Music Awards Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 10:37 am

I watched the Amercian Music Awards show too CC. I was very disappointed that more awards weren't given out. Waaaay too much focus was on the performances. My thought was...."Lots of fire and laser light shows are going on here".
I was really starting to like Adam as a perfomer until he pulled the stunt he did last night. OMG!!! What was he thinking? I loved Kelly Clarkson's song but, in agreement with you CC, she has gotten quite chucky. She did not look good at all. Kris Allen did seem overwhelmed doing his presentation but he looked very handsome. Chris Daughtry....eh! His performance didn't do a thing for me. IMO, the biggest thrilll of the night was watching Carrie Underwood along with Janet Jackson. Green Day, Black Eyed Peas, Whitney Houston and Alicia Keyes/Jay-Z.
I guess as far as future generations of entertainers go....Taylor Swift is leading the way. I think she is a very cute young lady but her music doesn't do a thing for me.
Lady GaGa should be stuffed into a closet and then lock the door. LOL She's just plain weird! I was on the phone talking to my son when Eminem and 50 Cent performed so I missed that one. Guess I didn't miss much.

What can I say.....Paula Abdul looked beautiful and Ryan was his adorable self.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: Idols At The American Music Awards   Idols At The American Music Awards Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 4:35 pm

I know what you mean Deni about Adam. I am pretty open-minded but even I was stunned by that one. Regardless I bought his cd today and what can I say the music is fantastic. He is such a great singer that he does not need to do all those antics when performing.

Just wanted to mention that Kris Allen's cd is also out but since I am not wild about him, I passed on it. I wanted to buy David Archuleta's Christmas cd but it is kind of expensive in my book for a Christmas item. May get Josh Groban instead as this year the price of the cd he released last year has come down. However have to wait until I get paid again to buy it.

You know what is so weird about Lady GaGa is she is such a good singer but those performances of hers are a turn off in my opinion.

Oh well on to the next awards show.
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Idols At The American Music Awards   Idols At The American Music Awards Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 10:15 pm

Did Kris Allen get to perform on the AMAs?? I saw on the AI sight that Adam was going to perform and throught why Adam when Kris won?? Nothing like throwing the winner under the bus.

CC have you ever bother to listen to any of Kris post - ai music at all??
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: Idols At The American Music Awards   Idols At The American Music Awards Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 10:30 am

Actually Mae I have listened to a couple of tracks by Kris however what can I say, he does nothing for me so why waste the money.

No Kris did not perform at the AMA's. Why I do not know but alot more focus has been on Adam since the AI show so maybe that is the reason. I doubt Kris is being thrown under the bus as he does have fans who will appreciate his type of music.

I might also add that while I did not care for the performance of Adam, I did love the song. It seems the network got 1500 complaints about the performance but obviously it only helped Adam as his cd was at #11 by midday yesterday when it came out. Adam does have alot of fans also and I am proud to be one of them.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Idols At The American Music Awards   Idols At The American Music Awards Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 12:23 pm

Like I said before, I think Kris will do just fine. He's got plenty of fans who will buy his Cd and keep his career going. Of that I have no doubt.

As far as Adam goes.....I agree. Despite the insane performance on the AMA's Sunday night he is incredibly talented. What's funny is, he got ALOT of support from fans on Twitter yesterday. So I guess the crazy performance isn't going to hurt him too much.
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

PostSubject: Re: Idols At The American Music Awards   Idols At The American Music Awards Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 6:19 pm

Adam needs to get a hotel room , America needs to learn to blush, and i don't tune into any music award shows to watch a bedroom performance on stage. What he did was vuglar and sickening. It sadden me that America has made him into some kind of music hero.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Idols At The American Music Awards   Idols At The American Music Awards Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 12:45 pm

Has anyone seen the interview Adam Lambert did on the Early Morning show? He was basically telling parents they need to monitor watch their children watch and....HE'S NOT A BABYSITTER!!! Did I miss something here?
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

PostSubject: Re: Idols At The American Music Awards   Idols At The American Music Awards Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 2:35 pm

i forget that Adam lives in a vaccuum and that young kids don't look up to him.
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: Idols At The American Music Awards   Idols At The American Music Awards Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 6:28 pm

Well Mae, let's face it he is not a babysitter. I know many were turned-off by his performance at the AMA's but his act did not come on until after 10 pm in which the children should have been in bed is my opinion. Frankly speaking the act Lady GaGa did was also quite disturbing and should not have been viewed by kids.

As mentioned earlier I also did not approved the performance however, people were warned his act would be outrageous in advance. One last thing Adam's music is not targeted for younger children so that equation does not figure in for his sales. Kids today have enough good examples to adore like Miley Cyrus and The Jonas Brothers as examples. I frankly think people need to move on from this topic which I intend to do.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Idols At The American Music Awards   Idols At The American Music Awards Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 11:06 pm

Agreed. Let's move on.

Danny Gokey's new single is due to release in a couple of weeks. I think the drop date is Dec 13th but don't quote me on that as I'm not sure it's the correct date. I just know it's in December. Either way, I'm very excited and can't wait. I've been telling everyone in the family that's all I want for Christmas this year. LOL
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Idols At The American Music Awards   Idols At The American Music Awards Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 8:57 am

Oh hey - that's a great idea! I have been wondering what CDs to put on my list for stocking stuffers - I'll put a couple of these on there.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

PostSubject: Re: Idols At The American Music Awards   Idols At The American Music Awards Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 6:19 pm

concertcris wrote:
Well Mae, let's face it he is not a babysitter. I know many were turned-off by his performance at the AMA's but his act did not come on until after 10 pm in which the children should have been in bed is my opinion. Frankly speaking the act Lady GaGa did was also quite disturbing and should not have been viewed by kids.

As mentioned earlier I also did not approved the performance however, people were warned his act would be outrageous in advance. One last thing Adam's music is not targeted for younger children so that equation does not figure in for his sales. Kids today have enough good examples to adore like Miley Cyrus and The Jonas Brothers as examples. I frankly think people need to move on from this topic which I intend to do.

I didn't say he was a babysitter i said young kids look up to him. Just because they don't see it initially [sp] doesn't mean they don't see it. Parents can't monitor their children 24\7.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Idols At The American Music Awards   Idols At The American Music Awards Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 12:11 pm

~SIGH~
One last comment about Adam and then we are done, OK?
Adam was on Ellen's show yesterday and he admitted he may have gone alittle too far with the act. However, no apology was given. He said he was just so caught up in the moment after watching Janet Jackson and Lady GaGa's performances. Whether or not it's an excuse....IDK. But I think the backlash has him being more careful about when and where he does these types of performances in the future. He's still an incredibly talented young man so his fans have no worries. He'll be around for a long time to come.

OK, I am done now!

I'm so excited. Now that I'm babysitting again and earning those few precious extra $ I'm going to buy myself an early Christmas gift. I'm getting Danny Gokey's new single plus Kris Allen's Cd. If I have enough I'll consider getting Adam's Cd too. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idols At The American Music Awards   Idols At The American Music Awards Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Idols At The American Music Awards
Page 1 of 1