Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Short interview with Elliott Yamin...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Short interview with Elliott Yamin... Empty
PostSubject: Short interview with Elliott Yamin...   Short interview with Elliott Yamin... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 11:37 pm

Idol's Elliott Yamin still `funky'
Posted on Sat, Dec. 15, 2007
Digg del.icio.us AIM reprint print email
Although Elliott Yamin finished third in Season 5's American Idol behind Katharine McPhee and winner Taylor Hicks, he was considered by some, including caustic judge Simon Cowell, to be the best singer of the bunch. Paula Abdul gushed that he was ''one funky white boy.'' Today, Yamin has a gold record and is performing at Saturday's Y100 Jingle Ball at the BankAtlantic Center in Sunrise along with Good Charlotte, Plain White T's, OneRepublic, Sean Kingston and Flo Rida.
But he still sounds like that humble kid from Richmond, Va.
• Q: When did it start to hit you that this music thing just might work out?• A: I think when Stevie Wonder told me to pursue a career. We actually got to sit down with him next to the piano. I didn't expect him to come in -- they kept it a surprise from us that day. I was moved to tears like a teenage girl. Also, when I got my publishing deal. It really got the ball rolling and it started to validate me.
• Q: Do you have any personal favorite American Idol performances?• A: Yeah I do -- Moody's Mood for Love, A Song For You and probably Trouble.
• Q: Two years ago, what did you think you'd end up doing for a career?• A: I honestly didn't have any career aspirations. I was in between jobs -- I had been working in collections for five years and I hated it. It had good benefits and everything, but that's obviously not what I wanted to do as a career. Even though music was my passion, I didn't really pursue it.
My friends encouraged me to go try out and stop being a bum -- they were mad at me because they supported me so much. They regarded my talent more than I did. It took a long time to realize that it was a gift and I had to use it.
• Q: What's new on your iPod right now?• A: I've been getting into a lot of older stuff lately, like Donald Fagen's The Nightfly. I've also been digging on this old group called Cymande -- and Chris Brown's new record, 'cause he's from my hometown.
Q: It seems pretty amazing that your pitch is so good, even with being almost completely deaf in your right ear. How much does that raise your degree of difficulty?• A: It's never really bothered me or been a hindrance at all. It's never affected the way I sing. I think over the years my left ear has gotten even stronger. Music is something that you have to feel, and I've always felt it in my body.
• Q: Do you keep in touch with any Idol contestants?• A: I do, with Taylor [Hicks] and Ace [Young] and Bucky [Covington] and Mandisa, and I talk to Chris [Daughtry] every now and again. We're all good friends, rooting for each other.
• Q: How often do you visit Miami?• A: I was down here over the summer three months ago -- I was doing a small media tour and then we played in Fort Lauderdale. This is my third time in Miami in the past six months.
• Q: What do you think about it?• A: I love the weather, the women are beautiful and the ratio is great, too. It seems like there's always more women than men on South Beach. It's just a great party town -- the Vegas of the East Coast. Every time I come down I'm shown a great time and I always look forward to coming back.
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Short interview with Elliott Yamin...   Short interview with Elliott Yamin... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 3:18 am

Short interview with Elliott Yamin... 527840 for posting this. I adore Elliott and have both of his records. That question about his favorite performances would have jived with my thoughts as I liked those performances of his the best.

clap Glad to see he is doing so well!

:Gbreadman:
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Short interview with Elliott Yamin...   Short interview with Elliott Yamin... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 9:37 am

I think Elliott did a fantastic job on AI and he is a performer with heart for sure. Personally I loved his Elvis performace of "I Can Dream", I thought it was the best of the night really. As much as I Love Taylor I think that night Elliott hit it perfect with that song.. It showed his true range and his whole heart.. Of course it's my opinion and I know from reading the boards that most agree with you on "Moody Mood for Love" I loved that he said that he is contact with Taylor and some of the rest and they are all wishing the best for each other. Hope the guys on AI board read that and see that they guys are friends and want the best for the others...
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: Short interview with Elliott Yamin...   Short interview with Elliott Yamin... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 3:48 pm

Short interview with Elliott Yamin... 201170 Taylor was my pick for the win however Elliott was my second choice and I was amazed that Katharine beat him out of the second position. Of course I was also amazed that Katharine beat out Daughtry.

:pepmint: However I am excited that Elliott has done so well. His video of "Wait for You" was on the top 10 list of mediabase. He also ended in the number #20 spot on VH1 for his video "One Word".

Great going Elliott! Short interview with Elliott Yamin... 786674
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Short interview with Elliott Yamin...   Short interview with Elliott Yamin... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 4:49 pm

I so agree with all you said, I was then and am still amazed that Kat beat out Elliott and Chris, never thought that would happen for sure.. And of course Taylor was my fav from the min I seen him.
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Short interview with Elliott Yamin...   Short interview with Elliott Yamin... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 1:43 pm

i was hoping it would come down to Taylor and Paris.
though when i saw the idol concert i was really disappointed in Paris performance - though i love her on the show.
And the shocker still to this day was Bucky. I didn't care for him on idol [however i thought he was really cute - still do] however i thought he kick butt on stage.
Taylor of course was amazing, and he came down the aisle of the row i was sitting in. I shouted out, 'I love you Taylor!!!!!!!" as he walk by.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Short interview with Elliott Yamin...   Short interview with Elliott Yamin... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 5:29 pm

I liked Paris but not a whole lot, I remember Taylor saying in an interview or something that Paris was the one that scared him a little because she was so good and he felt she was his biggest compation. I liked Buckey and thought he did great and still is really, Ace is the one I couldn't warm up to.. I felt bad for him for always being in the bottom and he's got good looks but didn't think his singing was all that, but then a lot of people loved him so what do I know, each to their own...Righ??
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: Short interview with Elliott Yamin...   Short interview with Elliott Yamin... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 7:20 am

Short interview with Elliott Yamin... 833804 These were my picks for Season 5.

1. Taylor - I do not think there has ever been someone as dynamic, unique and just plain talented as him. Plus he is so handsome it makes you want to swoon. Loved him from Day 1 and he was my pick all along.

2. Elliott - Not great looking then but has changed into a very handsome guy but oh that voice was wonderful. I was hooked the moment I heard "Moody's Mood" however many of his performances were so good and I truly think he should have gotten second place.

3. Mandisa - I was shocked she was voted off so soon as this woman was a dynamo. I think she should have made it at least to the top 5 but feel maybe her religious song might have done her in although she was voted off during country week (I actually liked her performance of Shania's song).

4. Paris - I thought this girl was a great singer and loved so many of her performances and style changes. My top performance by her was "These Foolish Things" and honestly I think she should have made a cd like this as the one she did make was just okay.

5. Chris - I was rooting for him at the beginning after watching his "Wanted Dead or Alive" and felt he should be number 2 in the competition however as the show progressed I got tired of listening to him and feel that way even today as I find his cd so boring and glad I did not buy it as I am sick of hearing his songs.

6. Ace - I actually loved his voice and especially the falsetto. My top performance pick by him is "All I Wanna Do Is Cry" by Keith Urban. I have heard him sing other songs since the show ended and am definitely going to be buying his music.

7. Bucky - I was slow warming up to him but got hooked once I saw him perform "Superstition". He had such a cute smile and I think improved each week. I really liked seeing him on the tour. However, not big into country music so have passed buying his cd but glad he is doing well.

8. Kellie - cute as a button and some of her performances were okay but again too much country although she handled each quite well. I was more impressed with her personality than any thing else.

9. Katharine - a pretty girl but I found her to be so inconsistent and was amazed she landed where she did but feel her looks were a big part of that. My favorite performance by her was "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" which was done very well.

10. Lisa - I liked her a lot during the top 24 rounds however she started not sounding as good once the top 12 were picked. However I thought she did real well with the Kelly Clarkson song and was surprised she went instead of Katherine that week.

As for Melissa McGee and Kevin Covais, I enjoyed them alot on the finale. I would have liked to see more of Melissa in the following rounds but overall I think the top 10 showed alot of diversity.

Short interview with Elliott Yamin... 322546 Needless to say, Season 5 was definitely the best!
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Short interview with Elliott Yamin...   Short interview with Elliott Yamin... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 8:03 am

Very Good and I agree for the most part.
I'm not into country to much but when I'm with my husband he listens to it as do my kids, Of course Taylor was #1 from day one with Elliott close behind. I"ve never put them in order as you did the rest kind of fell in behind these two, I liked Mandisa the best of the gals and thought she did a super great job on Country Week. I really didn't think KAt deserved the praise she got and think your right about her looks being a big part of that.
Kevin and Melissa, I never really warmed up to Melissa but thought she was good and I just liked Kevin, he was so down to earth and honest and just a kid but he did great.. I also agree with you on Lisa I thought she was very good and did a wonderful job on Because of You, I loved her smile and her spirt.. I sometime wonder if Jordin would have won had Lisa been on season 6 instead of season 5, I wish Jordin good luck and congratulations on her win but didn't care for her. Oh well who would have ever thought that after this long we or anyone would still be so into Season 5 so much ha...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Short interview with Elliott Yamin...   Short interview with Elliott Yamin... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Short interview with Elliott Yamin...
Page 1 of 1