Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Results - 4/16/08

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Results - 4/16/08 Empty
PostSubject: Results - 4/16/08   Results - 4/16/08 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:06 am

:waveing: Hello all. Well another dreaded Wednesday night results. I have to say before I get to the rest of the show that each week just seems so unpredicatable that it is kind of hard to make an accurate predication. Tonight I am a bit tired so I am going to put my thoughts in sections.

clap Ryan in another suit (he sure is wearing these alot) lets us know at the beginning of the show that 36 million votes came in. Good to know people are still interested in this season's contestants.

Also Ryan lets us know we can vote for the Songwriter's choice for the finale. You can hear the songs at rickey.org.

🍌 Mentioned later in the show is about the postage stamp that Idol has been doing. Last week it was Kelly Clarkson and this week it is going to be Ruben Studdard. Right away I thought, could it be possible that a stamp will come out for each winner of American Idol? If this is indeed the case I have figured out that the stamp with my true idol Taylor will be out the week of May 5th which would be lovely as my birthday is May 10th. What a present!

🎶 Group Sing and Performances:

The group sing tonight of "One Sweet Day" was done fairly well I thought except for that small part where each small group seemed to be singing different lines. Mariah had a big hit with this one in 1995 as she teamed up with Boyz II Men and this particular song stayed at #1 for 16 weeks on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.

Elliott Yamin was a surprise to me as an appearance but what a lovely surprise. I thought he looked good but tired. He sang his song "Free" which I like. I did not care for the scarf he wore as it distracted from his outfit I thought. What a lovely sentiment on the palm of his hand with the message "We Miss You Mom". Loved how Ryan hugged him and said such wonderful words about Claudette who was a real sweetie I think. I am so glad she got to see her son become successful.

Mariah's number sounded weird I thought and I think because of the equipment. I do like the song "Bye Bye" but will need to check out the album rendition to make sure it sounds as good as I think it might. She did look nice in her black dress but once again her attitude seemed a little on the phony side which I have seen on prior occasions. I do applaud her mentoring skills of the night before.

Results - 4/16/08 468517 Call in questions:

1. Joan wants to know if Kristy can get her horse back that she sold. The answer is no but the horse does have a good home.

2. Jillian wants to know what the judges bought as their first albums. Randy says Led Zeppelin, The Beatles and James Brown. Paula's is Carole King, Earth Wind & Fire, The Jacksons. Simon says Paula's "Straight Up" when he was 10 years old. How cute.

3. Megan wants to know what song of Paula's describes her relationship with Simon. After some bantering it comes down to "Cold-Hearted Snake" but loved how Paula added "She will never be his girl".

4. Denise mentions the many adjectives Simon uses to describe the performances such as karaoke, amusement park, etc. She wants to know what the differences are. He basically says they all mean horrible.

5. Mallory has a burning question for David Cook. Is he single? Yes is the answer.

Results - 4/16/08 57823 The Ford commercial was really strange I thought to the song "I Want to Be Free". All of them seemed like real mannequins working in an office.

Results - 4/16/08 833804 The Eliminations: They were handled the way it is every year with 3 each one the left or right side of Ryan. The seventh person is the one to choose who is the bottom 3 group. However tonight was handled a little differently. Each came out as called and this is how it looked before the seventh person came out.

Left side: Jason, Carly and Syesha
Right side: David Cook, Kristy and Brooke

That left David Archuleta as this year's victim to choose the group as he is safe. However Ryan has David C. and Syesha change places first. David A refuses to choose and sits down on the stage. I really felt for this kid.

Ryan eventually tells David to move over to the left side as David C, Carly and Jason are safe.

Our bottom 3 consist of Syesha, Kristy and Brooke. Syesha is the first back to safety. Ryan asks the judges their thoughts. Both Randy and Paula can not choose but Paula does add she is proud of all of them. Simon in a brutal manner thinks Kristy's time is up which brings some anger from Brooke towards Simon.

Tonight's homebound girl is Kristy Lee Cook. This did surprise me as I felt her performance was the best from the girls of the night before. Brooke takes the elimination quite hard as the bottom 3 are roomies. We see Kristy's journey and then in a cute moment sings her final song directly to Simon. Boy does he look awkward.

Results - 4/16/08 296366 Final thoughts before I bid you goodnight. Seems Andrew Lloyd Webber will be the mentor next week so I am assuming theatre music will be the theme. How will our remaining 6 do, well that is a good question and we will see next week. Hope your week ahead is wonderful!
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Results - 4/16/08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 4/16/08   Results - 4/16/08 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 8:19 am

I have to admit that I was so surprised that Kristi went home, I really think she did better than Carly or Syesha or Brooke for that matter, I thoght a gal would go just didn't expect it to be that one.

I loved the way David A sat down when asked to pick a safe group but have to say there for a min or so I was worried that the groups were a little off, I mean I thought Jason would be safe but when they put him with Carly and Syeshea I was a bit worried. Luckly David C got to change places with Syeshea than I felt better, On the AI board last night they were saying how Taylor picked the wrong group when it 7 in season 5 SO I had to set them straight ha. Told them he went and shook hands with Chris and then walked back toward the RIGHT group. I didn't know they had done this from season 2 though,

I can not wait until the 6th of May to order my postage stamp of Taylor, Remember only 2000 per state, I feel pretty safe way up here ha ha.. Now I'm glad I don't live in Alabama or one of those popular states.

Great review CC Thanks ever so much.

Next week will be a challange I think for these six..

OMG I forgot to mention how GREAT it was to see ELLIOTT.. He looks so good and that voice is still one of the best, he looked so happy but I could see the saddness in his eyes and I was so glad that Ryan mentioned his mom, She was such a big part of his live and his biggest fan and the "WE MISS YOU MOM" on his hand brought tears to my eyes. It was so so so good to see him..
Did anyone notice that SWAY from Season 5 was one of Elliotts back up singers last night? Ithought that was great Sway went out during the Top 20 I think, but has been a good friend to the season 5 Idols, he's the one that told Taylor he should go to Asia to tour and I read last night that Sway will also be opening for Elliotts upcoming concert. WAY TO GO SWAY...

Results - 4/16/08 Elliottdiam2sx9
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Results - 4/16/08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 4/16/08   Results - 4/16/08 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 8:46 am

🆒 Thanks for posting Sandi. You know I did not notice the back-up singers so will have to re-watch my tape. Thanks for the info on Sway. I actually thought he was awesome when he did that song "The Reason" from Earth, Wind & Fire on season 5.

You mentioned having to order the stamps. I'm wondering if you have to order them through the AI site or can you get them at the post office. If you know, let me know, okay?

Good to hear from you and have a great day, my friend.

:hot: P.S. Awesome picture of Elliott. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

Results - 4/16/08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 4/16/08   Results - 4/16/08 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 9:02 am

concertcris wrote:
🆒 Thanks for posting Sandi. You know I did not notice the back-up singers so will have to re-watch my tape. Thanks for the info on Sway. I actually thought he was awesome when he did that song "The Reason" from Earth, Wind & Fire on season 5.

You mentioned having to order the stamps. I'm wondering if you have to order them through the AI site or can you get them at the post office. If you know, let me know, okay?

Good to hear from you and have a great day, my friend.

:hot: P.S. Awesome picture of Elliott. Thanks!

I've been a little slow the last month or so keeping up on the board, but now that the 15th is gone Taxes ya know, I can relax again for another year ha ha.. it also seems that I've had grandgirls here more often than not so that puts a crimp in my board time as well, But I am always here in thought and spirt ha..

About the stamps, I've read that they are an AI exclusive, and if you go to the offical AI site (home page) there is a place there that has "order idol stamps" It was Kelly last week, this week its Ruben. Taylor is May 6th and there are only 2000 per state, and from what I gather they come in a sheet, not sure how many on a sheet though, I'm ready to order mine NOW. ha. Hope that helps
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

Results - 4/16/08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 4/16/08   Results - 4/16/08 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 10:48 am

Sway is officially a back-up in Elliott's band. Says so on his myspace. I love that sweet boy and it tears me up to see him so tired and all from his Mom, she was a true class act like her son.
I think it was overdue for Kristi to go home, though I admit she has been improving.
And it's official - Dvid A is also a class act. Period.
Theatre music? *groans* Simon's for sure going to have problems with this one. Maybe Clay Aiken will pop in - he's on Broadway with Camelot at the moment. And Fantasia is doing The Color Purple. Simon is way off when he says that Broadway is bad - it takes a LOT of skill to sing in a big-time production, and consistancy over 9 shows per week.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

Results - 4/16/08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 4/16/08   Results - 4/16/08 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 11:05 am

As far as Broadway, I've never really listened to a lot of this type of music so for me it'll be a new experience. And yes I agree so much with you tgy that Elliott and his mom are a super class act.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Results - 4/16/08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 4/16/08   Results - 4/16/08 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 11:26 am

To be honest, I thought Syesha was the next one to go. Kristy Lee is a better performer than her but hey, I guess I'm not good at picking them. :noidea:

Loved seeing Elliot. Sure brought back memories of season five. I'm glad he was able to do the performance even though he was still mourning the lost of his mother. Ryan was very dipolmatic in honoring her. Great job, Ryan.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

Results - 4/16/08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 4/16/08   Results - 4/16/08 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 1:04 pm

That's another thing - Ryan was a good and sweet man, saying such lovely things about Claudette.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Results - 4/16/08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 4/16/08   Results - 4/16/08 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 12:15 pm

Ryan is alittle sweetie but did you see him rip the sign up saying "Simon For President". I got a giggle out of that one. hehehe!
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

Results - 4/16/08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 4/16/08   Results - 4/16/08 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 12:40 pm

I think Elliotts mom had a fan in Ryan, He seemed to really like her a lot... Just a guess of course but it sure seemed that way..Bt then I think Ryan likes everyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Results - 4/16/08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 4/16/08   Results - 4/16/08 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Results - 4/16/08
Page 1 of 1