Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Results - 3/26/08

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Results - 3/26/08 Empty
PostSubject: Results - 3/26/08   Results - 3/26/08 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 12:29 am

:( Hello all, once again I am not happy with the results. However, let's start at the beginning. I actually missed the first few minutes of the show and came on as they were talking about the songwriting contest and telling us how "This Is My Now" came about for Jordin Sparks. A very crappy song I might add. Once again some of the voting public must have been drunk to vote on that one.

🎶 Next up was the group sing by the contestants doing "Right Back Where We Started From" originally by Maxine Nightengale. Actually this sing sounded so much better than last week's offering. Just a little background here on Maxine Nightengale. This English R&B singer from Wembley, London first signed with Pye Records but it was not until she changed record companies and signed with United Artists that she broke into the U.S. charts. The above mentioned song peaked at #2 on the U.S. Billboard Top 100 in May of 1976. She would only have two more hits that would hit the U. S. charts "Lead Me On" in 1979 which spent 7 weeks at #1 on Billboard's Adult Contemporary singles chart. Her "Bringing Out The Girl In Me" was her last charting on the U.S. pop charts. She did have some success in the U.K. Currently she still tours in Australia. Hope you did not mind this bit of trivia.

🤷 Next up we get to see the process of making the singles on ITunes from our contestants. Several give their thoughts on this process. Guess they have to use some kind of filler until we get to the results. Boring!

Results - 3/26/08 201170 Another re-hash of the night before follows. Finally we see the 3 silver seats for the bottom 3 and the black sofas for the safe group. First out of the gate is Chikezie Eze and once again I am floored as he is in the bottom 3.

Brooke White is safe. (No surprise here)
Carly Smithson is safe. (I was so happy about this one. Just a side note:Seems a story came out today saying she is pregnant. She's not. Oh the media just will not leave anyone alone)

Break Time

:wistel: Another Ford commerical as the gang sings "I Want You to Want Me" . At least this commercial was better than last week.

Results - 3/26/08 322546 More results as David Archuleta is safe. Again no surprise. David Cook is next and safe with Ryan mentioning that Chris Cornell who actually did a cover of "Billie Jean" loved David's performance. Our next victim Syesha Mercado is in the bottom 3. Michael John's is safe.

Results - 3/26/08 820770: Dolly Parton is mentioned briefly here as the mentor next week so I am assuming the theme will be country week. I am totally groaning but am hopeful that at least some will do well with this theme. Guess we will be stuck with Kristy for another week.

After the break we get a shot of Constantine Maroulis and Gina Glocksen in the audience.

🍌 Phone call time.

1. Sarah tells Chikezie she thinks he has a great personality and so fun. Her question is: Is Chikezie single? He looks cute with his embarassment and tells us yes he is single.

2. Nicole wants to know why David Archuleta picked the song he did. His answer is he loves that song and yes he did pick it.

3. Ari's question was for Simon. Ryan sounds cute when he says we are out of time. However the question is how she can go about taking over Ryan Seacrest's job. Simon responds with you do not need talent to do it.

4. Caitlin wants to know who Brooke White would like to duet with. Her answer is John Mayer. Ryan plugs Paula here.

5. Vanessa wants to know if Simon thinks he is the most attractive person on the show. dumb question! He says it is not what he says but what other people say.

clap Next up is our guest performer Kimberley Locke who tried out for American Idol in Nashville on 10/30/02. Gee, that seems so long ago. Giving up her chance to go to law school, she came in third on the show and during the tour got a record deal. Her song "8th World Wonder" did quite well on the charts. She also now owns a restaurant called "Croton Creek Steakhouse". She talks about she has lost 40 pounds and you can certainly see that. Her second solo album has also had some success. I might add her cover of the song "Gloria" has been gracing the charts for months and months. Then she performs her song "Fall". I actually liked the song and have had the pleasure of seeing Miss Locke live. She is a wonderful talent. However have to add that dress she wore was awful.

Results - 3/26/08 468517 More information about Idol Gives Back and where the money went last year. I am glad they have this charity going but in all honesty do we have to re-hash it every result show.

:surprised: More results as Ramiele Malubay is next up and safe. I am getting a bad feeling at this point. Last on the chopping block are Jason Castro and Kristy Lee Cook. A big surprise that Jason Castro is in the bottom 3 however I kind of thought Kristy would be safe as she did sing a patriotic song.

Results - 3/26/08 833804 After asking Paula if she is bothered by the bottom 3, Jason acts goofy answering why he is in the bottom 3. He is the first to be sent to the couches. Then Simon gives Chikezie some crap about choosing the wrong song. Randy thinks America did not get Syesha last night. Then the bad news as Chikezie is being eliminated. Another of my favorites is gone and I am so hoping he get a contract as I just love his voice. He sings one last time and I am still loving it.

As I end this re-cap I want to wish you a good week ahead.

Results - 3/26/08 296366
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

Results - 3/26/08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 3/26/08   Results - 3/26/08 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 12:33 am

Kristy is safe because she is a great singer and deserves to be there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Results - 3/26/08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 3/26/08   Results - 3/26/08 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 9:29 am

Thanks CC, great recap and you don't miss a think HOW DO YOU DO IT?? I'd have to watch it back 100 times to be as percise as you always are.

I was a bit suprised the way the results went down, did not expect that at all. I listen to much to the AI boards I guess, they did say that Jason would be in the bottom three and that Ramiele would go, SUPRISE...That's what I get for reading over there huh? :) I know a lot of people were surprised that Jason was in the bottom 3 but at least he's safe BIG surpise that Chikeze went home, did not deserve that at all. I was kind of hoping it'd be Syesha rather than Chikeze. I knew Kristi wouldn't be there, she did a pretty good job on Tuesday night and I think they'll keep her in and see what and how she does with Country. Then we'll see where she lands,. I felt bad for Chikeze, Tuesday night was not his best but I thought he did pretty good and one week off and he's gone. Oh well at least he gets to go on the tour right. Good show last night kind of, I still miss David H and I sure miss Taylor, Started watching my Season 5 tapes again ha, always fixes me up for a while ha

Thanks CC, great review
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

Results - 3/26/08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 3/26/08   Results - 3/26/08 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 9:40 am

mae wrote:
   Kristy is safe because she is a great singer and deserves to be there.

Now Mae, I will respect that you like Kristi and she is a beautiful gal but in all honesty she really should have been gone 2 weeks ago already "In My Opinion" the 2 weeks they did the Beatles she did bad. Tuesday night she did a lot better and with country coming up we'll hopefully see her do even better but what if The Amazing Graces and the Proud To Be An American" are the type of songs she does good? I do respect that you like her and that's great, this is just my opinion, I like David H a whole lot and got slammed for that so becasue of his past, I won't say a bad thing about Kristi, I just hope she steps it up..
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

Results - 3/26/08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 3/26/08   Results - 3/26/08 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 10:59 am

As a matter of fact, Kristy did shock me by doing better this week. Still a little weak in my opinion, but a bit better. Her consistancy is what gets me I guess. It needs work.
Chikezie is different for sure. I am sorry to hear he's left.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

Results - 3/26/08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 3/26/08   Results - 3/26/08 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 4:25 pm

:waveing: Hello all, just wanted to thank you for posting and give some of my own thoughts. You know me.............. wiggle

To Mae - Sorry if I step on your toes about Kristy. I respect anyone who has a favorite but keep in mind I have also knocked my favorites when they do badly. I personally do not think Kristy is as good a singer as the others in this competition. I think she got by this week because she is cute and doing a patriotic song was a good move on her part because all of us respect that kind of music. I do however think she will shine on country night as that is her niche. Not real sure how the others will handle this especially Ramiele, Syesha and Michael. Should be quite interesting.

To Sandi - I do a lot of research when something peaks my interest as in that song last night. As far as the show goes I do tape it but also make notes as I am watching it. Just get so wrapped up in trying to be as accurate as possible but sometimes I do goof. When I worked at the phone company I trained new operators so quess that is where my note-taking and constant research part comes in. I am quite sad Chikezie left and also would have preferred Syesha going. However, I really think Jason and Ramiele were the worst of the night.

To Tyg, thanks for posting. Always enjoy hearing from you.

Take care everyone!
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

Results - 3/26/08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 3/26/08   Results - 3/26/08 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 6:39 pm

You're going to spoil me with all this flattery, you know.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

Results - 3/26/08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 3/26/08   Results - 3/26/08 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 8:22 pm

CC-Well what ever the reason and how ever you do these recaps or reviews they are the best. I don't think even the news reporters that write on American Idol and such do as good of a job as you do.. You are very accurate on all acounts. I watch AI but I find your reviews more informational and easier to understand sometime than when I hear it myself ha.. Good job ALWAYS...
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

Results - 3/26/08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 3/26/08   Results - 3/26/08 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 9:00 pm

i happen to like very much KLC beattle country
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

Results - 3/26/08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 3/26/08   Results - 3/26/08 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 9:39 pm

mae wrote:
i happen to like very much KLC beattle country

I'm glad you did Mae, I'm not much into country so maybe that explains why she is not my favorite, but I do respect that you like her. That's great.
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

Results - 3/26/08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 3/26/08   Results - 3/26/08 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 7:21 am

Results - 3/26/08 527840 Sandi for the compliment. While I am not a journalist by any means I appreciate that most like my re-caps.

Results - 3/26/08 322546
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Results - 3/26/08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 3/26/08   Results - 3/26/08 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Results - 3/26/08
Page 1 of 1