Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Down to 5 - Results - 4/22/09

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Down to 5 - Results - 4/22/09 Empty
PostSubject: Down to 5 - Results - 4/22/09   Down to 5 - Results - 4/22/09 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 7:20 am

Down to 5 - Results - 4/22/09 757280 Hello to everyone and Happy Earth Day to you. I might add that today is my youngest grandson's 1st birthday so my best wishes of course go out to him.

Tonight is dread Wednesday and as you know two will be eliminated this week due to the save card factor being used last week. After Ryan welcomes us to the show we learn that 45 million votes came in which is the highest vote number this season. A hello goes to the judges from Ryan as he introduces them and I must say Paula looked especially good.

Down to 5 - Results - 4/22/09 451785 Next we see our group number which Paula choregraphed which I thought was very good and entertaining. The contestants are singing and rocking out to The Jackson 5's "Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground)". They looked adorable in their 70's threads also. The group gave Paula flowers and big applause from the audience for her hard work.

🍌 The Ford commercial was the contestants in various jobs and working hard before they head over to a restaurant to chill. The song was called "I"m Good, "I"m Gone". Certainly a cute moment with our group.

cheers Let's talk about our guests before we get to the results as we had several on tonight's show.

Freda Payne looking great at age 66 performs her signature hit "Band of Gold" made famous in 1970 and peaked at #3 on the U.S. charts. It was fairly enjoyable although she seemed kind of out of breath during most of it however props for her energy.

Up next is Thelma Houston who had not so attractive hairstyle and dress but sure could belt out her hit of "Don't Leave Me This Way" which was famous in 1977 and won a Grammy for this 65 year old lady in 1978. I liked how she included Simon's name in her song.

K. C. of K.C & The Sunshine Band fame performs "Get Down Tonight" with the aid of four very lovely females. Looking good at 58 and singing quite well I enjoyed his performance. Some of you may not know that he was in a very serious car accident in 1982 which left him partially paralyzed. He had to learn to walk, dance and play the piano all over again. He actually still performs up to 200 dates per year. My top favorite song by his group was "Please Don't Go".

👶 Cutie David Archuleta still has the girls screaming as he performs his song "Touch My Hand". I like this song off his album and he does well with it but he did seem and look kind of tired since he seems to be touring constantly. Loved his encouragement to the botttom 2 that life does not end after idol.

Down to 5 - Results - 4/22/09 412302 Results:

Before the guests perfromed Lil is called to stand and brought to center stage as we learn not only is she in the bottom 3 but she is being eliminated. This was a different way of handling this procedure. She sings again and does better which brings lots of well wishes from our judges who give her a standing ovation.

Kris - safe
Adam - safe
Danny- safe

That leaves Anoop, Matt and Allison and it turns out both Anoop and Allison are the other bottom 2. I was surprised that Allison was there. After all the performances we find that the other contestant to leave this week is Anoop. He also performs and sounds good. I might be interested in getting his album as he does have a nice voice. Our show ends with thanks to the fans, the vocal coaches, etc from Lil and Anoop.

Down to 5 - Results - 4/22/09 201170 Another week comes to an end and we only have roughly a month before our next idol is crowned. The next few weeks will definitely be a tight race as I feel each of the remaining 5 have a chance. I now bid you a great week ahead and welcome your comments.

Down to 5 - Results - 4/22/09 396979
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Down to 5 - Results - 4/22/09   Down to 5 - Results - 4/22/09 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 8:36 am

I have to tell ya all that being a Kris fan I was so nervous last night, scared that Kris had made a mistake on his performance and could not wait until Ryan told him he was safe..

Lil I had a feeling her time was up, she's very talented and has a great voice but seems to have went down hill the last few weeks and isn't it funny how one of their Frontrunners would do that. I felt sorry for her though but now she can be with her kids at least for a while before the tour starts.

I had a feeling the others in the bottom would be Matt and Anoop but really wasn't sure who would go, Some are saying that Matt got the votes cuz he was so close to going home last week.

I like both of these guys and it was sad to know that one of them would be going but it gets harder every week now. With Lil and Anoop leaving that leaves us with the top 5 and now it's 2 songs each. I wonder who will crack under the pressure..

It was a good Results show but next week will be BETTER... TAYLOR will be there...YES YES...

David A did a good job with his song, I didn't care for the song but at least he moved around the stage some and that was a good thing..

Thanks CC...
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Down to 5 - Results - 4/22/09   Down to 5 - Results - 4/22/09 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 11:32 am

I was so excited to hear Freda Payne and Thelma Houston singing their hit songs on AI. And I agree, K.C. looked very good. I enjoyed all three performances. David A?? He's as adorable as ever. His cd is the next one I'm adding to my collection. I can't wait to hear the whole thing.

I wasn't happy as much as relieved Lil was sent home. I have to agree she went downhill over the last few weeks and never really recovered. She is talented and I might consider buying a cd of hers. ~MAYBE~

Alittle surprised Anoop was the next to go. I had a strong feeling Matt would be the one. But next week is another week. At least he gets to go on the tour. I'm looking forward to that as it comes to Glendale, AZ on July 20th. I'm going to work my butt off to go. I missed Taylor's AI tour. I'm not going to miss Danny on his. LOL

Penney texted me last night. She told me Taylor will be on AI next Wednesday. I think I can safely speak for us all when I say....IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME!!! I can't wait. woo hoo
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Down to 5 - Results - 4/22/09   Down to 5 - Results - 4/22/09 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 11:36 am

Oh boy, we pretty much called this one, huh? And I guess I'm really looking forward to how the show will progress from here.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Down to 5 - Results - 4/22/09   Down to 5 - Results - 4/22/09 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 11:42 am

I forgot to add how much I enjoyed the group song. Everyone did such a fantastic job. Yay Paula!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Down to 5 - Results - 4/22/09   Down to 5 - Results - 4/22/09 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Down to 5 - Results - 4/22/09
Page 1 of 1