Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

The Results - 2/18/09

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

The Results - 2/18/09 Empty
PostSubject: The Results - 2/18/09   The Results - 2/18/09 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 11:15 pm

hello to all. Tonight's show is an hour but in reality I think they could have shorten the length of the show to a half hour to find out who made it into the top 12. Jeesh, I hate watching all those commercials. I will keep my re-cap brief as I let you know the fate of these 12.

The Results - 2/18/09 451785 Ryan looks good as he welcomes us to the show and lets us know that 24 million votes came in for our contestants which he said is up from last year. I sort of doubt that but okay. We get our usual intro to the judges and also see clips of the journey our contestants took to make it this far.

Next up is the group sing with them doing "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz. I feel this was done very well by our contestants.

Then of course is the re-hash of the night before which I wish they would do away with altogether. Ryan has small talk with Jackie, Anoop, Tatiana and Stevie before the first contestant is called to the stage.

Casey Carlson is up first with a re-cap of the judges comments before she finds out she is not going through.

Stephen Fowler admits he might have chosen the wrong song and he also is cut from the competition.

Alexis Grace takes the stage and no surprise here as she is the top girl to make it to the top 12. She sings again as her dad is shown crying with happiness.

Ricky Braddy and Jackie Tohn are pulled up together and after more small talk find they are out also.

Anoop Desai and Michael Sarver are next and my heart sank as I like both of these guys. A big surprise as Michael is going to the top 12 and Anoop is out of the competition. I honestly thought Anoop had it made but you just never know I guess. Michael seems stunned and then does a more relaxed version of his song "I Don't Wanna Be" from the night before.

🍌 Clips are shown of the opening of the American Idol Experience attraction that opened this week. It was great seeing all the idols together. We also see David Cook and Carrie Underwood duet on the song "Go Your Own Way". Sure wish we could have see each of our top winners sing especially our Taylor.

It was good seeing Carly Smithson and Michael Johns once again on the idol stage. They were at the opening of the Disney attraction and talk about the fun they had although Carly's luggage got lost. Carly looked great in her black outfit I thought and Michael also looked quite handsome. They do a duet together of "The Letter". Side note here: Michael mentions that he will have an album coming out in May and I am so hoping his duet with Brooke White on the song "Life is Okay" is on it. This song is awesome in my opinion.

The Results - 2/18/09 72213 More results as Anne Marie Boskovich, Brent Keith and Stevie Wright find out they are out of the competition.

The Results - 2/18/09 930608 Okay are last two to find out are Tatiana Del Toro and Danny Gokey. Paula is asked who should make it through and reluctantly says what we all know is that Danny should. I was a little worried here as Tatiana does have a big following on the AI boards but thankfully Danny is the third choice for the top 12. While he once again sings "Hero" Tatiana is in the background once again the drama queen crying as Stevie Wright consoles her.

The Results - 2/18/09 201170 So now three of our contestants have made the top 12 and next week is the next 12 contestants. They consist of Megan Corkrey, Kris Allen, Mishavonna Henson, Matt Brietzke, Allison Iraheta, Matt Giraud, Jasmine Murray, Kia Kalama, Jessie Langseth, Adam Lambert, Jeanine Vailes and Nick Mitchell. I think the next show will be a toughie as I like so many of the guys who will be singing. Hopefully they all will pick better songs to showcase their talent.

With that being said I now bid you a great week ahead and The Results - 2/18/09 296366
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: The Results - 2/18/09   The Results - 2/18/09 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 10:03 am

Last night was interesting, I've never seen the show done this way except on rewind and I really don't like it much but who am I right??

I agree with the commericals WOW there sure are a lot of them, I tape it and watch it after it's over that way I can skip them ha..

So what do you think of the first 3 choices?? I really don't have an opinion as of yet but believe me plenty do on the AI boards ha.. They say NO WAY should

Micheal S have made it through and all that good stuff, I thought he did ok, maybe not great but ok and

as far as Danny, he's got a very good voice but it's to early for me yet to decide,

as for Alexis I guess she's ok, honestly I didn't care for any of the gal in this round, so it really didn't matter to me who got it, I think the guys this season are the ones to watch but we'll see.

It was great to see Micheal and Carly again and they both looked and sounded great didn't they?

Waiting for next week as its when Kai better give it his all in his performance haha...

Thanks CC...
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: The Results - 2/18/09   The Results - 2/18/09 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 12:36 pm

Weeeeeeeell, ladies! I'm happy as a clam. I like all three contestants that made it. I was alittle surprised about Anoop but then again....that's the way it goes for me most of the time.

Not suprised to see Tatianna go. Now I can relax and enjoy the rest of the season without rolling my eyes everytime she hits the stage. LOL JMO, but I think the 'Drama Queen" bit really did hurt her chances.

Looking forward to seeing Kia Kalama, Jasmine Murray and Nick Mitchell next week.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: The Results - 2/18/09   The Results - 2/18/09 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 6:50 pm

:) I actually am thrilled that both Danny and Michael are in the top 12. I have to agree with Sandi that the girls really do not matter that much to me either as the guys are so strong this year. I kind of think Anoop Desai will be back as the wildcard picked by the judges of these first 12.

As for next week I really like Kia, Matt Giraud, Matt Breitzke, Adam Lambert and Nick Mitchell. We have seen little of Kris Allen but maybe he will surprise us. As for the girls in that group once again I could care less who makes it of them although I think Jasmine Murray is probably going to be a frontrunner for the girl position. Sure hope all pick better songs that what we have seen from this first week.

Thanks for responding you two.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Results - 2/18/09   The Results - 2/18/09 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 11:12 pm

Oh yeah, the wild card position. Considering the not-so-good songs choices from the first group, I'm looking at Anoop to be it. I'm with both of you ladies....the girls aren't doing well at all this season.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

PostSubject: Re: The Results - 2/18/09   The Results - 2/18/09 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 8:45 pm

Well I'm hoping that the second and third group learned from the first group about song choice and they pick a song that fits them and their style. But I do believe the judges already have their favorites picked out again this season and with the Wild Card they will get them in one way or another,. I"ve heard that the 2nd group is a tight one, meaning that Adam for sure will go forward, I can only hope that Kai does very well and makes it either in this group or the WC. Time will tell.. Ya know according to the past winners It should be a gal this year but wow I really haven't heard any that have done extreamly well but that will change I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: The Results - 2/18/09   The Results - 2/18/09 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 6:59 pm

When I was watching R&K and Randy co-hosted, even he said the guys have it over the girl this year.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Results - 2/18/09   The Results - 2/18/09 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 2:48 am

Didn't Randy look good? I remember hearing him say that too.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Results - 2/18/09   The Results - 2/18/09 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 10:43 am

He did - he's really got a handle on his diabetes and it shows. He doesn't look nearly as tired, and he's more animated than I've seen in some time.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Results - 2/18/09   The Results - 2/18/09 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 4:11 pm

I always thought Randy was a hot looking guy anyway. ~blushing lightly~ What can I say? I notice hot guys. :)
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Results - 2/18/09   The Results - 2/18/09 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 12:52 pm

He's always been a cutie, although it took a while for me to put him in Journey (always one of the best bands when I was growing up).
~tyg
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Results - 2/18/09   The Results - 2/18/09 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 2:15 pm

Randy was with Journy???? Damn, I'm gonna have to check that out. It would figure though....Randy is one of the best musicians around.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Results - 2/18/09   The Results - 2/18/09 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 4:21 pm

Yep - he played bass in fact. Hang on, let me see here....Ah, yes, here we go - Randy in leather and spandex...gotta love the 80's man...