Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Down To Two - Results - 5/13/09

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Down To Two - Results - 5/13/09 Empty
PostSubject: Down To Two - Results - 5/13/09   Down To Two - Results - 5/13/09 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 12:20 pm

Down To Two - Results - 5/13/09 57823 Hello all. Our show begins with a nutty comedy sketch by Ben Stiller who is currently starring in the movie "Night At The Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian". He is joined by Hank Azaria, Bill Hader and Jonah Hill as they do a skit about the judges and their desk. I thought this was definitely a waste of time. However, it appears that this famous desk will be on display at the Smithsonian in the coming weeks.

Then comes our handsome Ryan Seacrest who welcomes us to the show by letting us know an amazing 88 million votes were cast the night before. WOW is all I can say. Apparently only 1 million votes separated the top two. I chuckle at this as 1 million is alot of votes to my way of thinking. A hello is given to the judges and contestants before we view the Ford commercial of the week. It shows our three guys in a cartoon form having super-human powers to the song "Break My Stride".

clap Next up is Ryan talking about the clip we saw the night before with Carrie Underwood in Africa. Alicia Keys is introduced to talk about the fight against HIV. She introduces a 15 year old Rwandan rapper known as Noah who performs. I believe he is performing the song "Keep A Child Alive" and does some energetic dancing on the stage as he is joined by others who sing with him. Our judges and audience show their appreciation for this boy with a standing ovation. Alicia once again encourages us to support this fight against this dreaded disease.

Down To Two - Results - 5/13/09 833804 Before I discuss our three contestants let me cover the entertainment we saw.

Jordin Sparks takes the stage looking pretty as ever to perform her latest single "Battlefield". She is accompanying by One Republic pianist and co-writer Ryan Tedder. I did not care for the dress she wore as it made her look quite heavy but she sounded good as she performed with the exception of the screaming she did towards the end. I am sure Jordin will do quite well with this single. I also appreciated the stage presence she showed which exuded total confidence.

Katy Perry also performs in a outlandish outfit which includes a cape with the words Adam Lambert on the back of it. Okay before I talk about her song I have to say I thought this was in bad taste and rude to both Danny and Kris. However I got the point being that Adam is quite theatrical and this song "Waking Up In Vegas" was performed with several showgirls as well. I am not a big fan of Ms. Perry and this song did nothing for me personally but she seems quite popular on the charts. I was relieved when it was over.

lol! Results:

Our three contestants are shown throughout the show with clips of their hometown visits and also a re-cap of the judges comments from the night before. I was so glad each of these guys got such a warm welcome and turnout from their hometowns. This will indeed be a good memory as they continue their careers in the future.

I know many will not agree with me but I was highly disappointed that Kris made it into the finale. For me personally he is a bore but it is good to know he has alot of fans and I am sure will be a success no matter what the outcome of this show.

A happier moment for me was the fact that Adam Lambert is also in the finale and I certainly know who I will be voting for next week. I will add that if by chance he does not win the title at least he will get a contract right off the bat and I will definitely be buying it.

Down To Two - Results - 5/13/09 412302 The sad news was that Danny Gokey who has never been in the bottom three was eliminated. This was indeed a surprise to all considering the reaction of the judges and audience. After we see his journey he sings again the song "You Are So Beautiful" which brings tears to Paula's eyes and also to mine. I am hoping Danny gets a contract soon and I know I will be supporting this lad's future career for sure.

Down To Two - Results - 5/13/09 201170 Well, time to go and I hope you all have a great week ahead. Take care all!
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Down To Two - Results - 5/13/09   Down To Two - Results - 5/13/09 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 3:32 pm

OMG, tears rolled down my cheeks when Danny was eliminated. Kris is a sweetheart and I like him. But I feel Danny had more to offer vocally. JMO I won't be voting next week but I'll certainly watch to see who wins.

I liked seeing Jordin on the AI stage again. She did seem more confident and I liked the song she sang. I agree....the dress did nothing for me. Katy Perry? Not a fan. It was in very bad taste to see Adam's name sewn across that cape. ~sigh~

SideNote: I watched Ace Young with Kimberly and Justin on Idol Tonight. His opinion was that the support given to Adam left the other two out. It wasn't fair to Danny and Kris, how they (all four judges) treated Adam like he had already won the title.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Down To Two - Results - 5/13/09   Down To Two - Results - 5/13/09 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 3:56 pm

Well CC I guess I'm one of those that just have to disagree with Kris making it to the FINALE,,, I was so happy so excited just thrilled. He might not be in the same leage as Adam or Danny but he has a lot to offer and he's gotten this far without all the hype and praise that both Adam and Danny have gotten. I know how you feel, I still think David H should have made it much further than he did but I can see Kris doing great with a Cd and I will support him, maybe not with the same level that I do Taylor but support is support. He's not only a singer, he writes, he plays different instruments, plus he's so much more. It's like people didn't give him the credit that he deserves and they still don't..I honestly believe that Kris earned his spot in this finale. Can he win against Adam, it's possible and it can happen, we'll have to wait and see I guess.

I was sad to see Danny go, I wish they would have called a 3 way tie and been done with it, I feel bad for him and for his fans, Danny is one of a kind and I think he's great and he will be successful.. He has a huge fan base on and off the boards, but I think a lot of Adam fans split votes for Kris as well. I'm guessing of course but who knows. Danny did a great job last night with YASB I think, better than he did on Tuesday night. I'll miss seeing Danny up there next week, but someone had to goand I'm just so glad it wasn't Kris..

Now for the rest of the show....
Jordin is so beautiful, sure not that little girl anymore is she, I like her new song and she did a great job... Just WOW..

Katy Perry-- What can one say, I thought it was rude of her cape to have just Adams name on it but from what I read they are friends and that she was supporting him. Question... If he's made friends like that what does he need American Idol for?? I've read that he has a lot of friends in the entertainment field so it's a big confusing to me. But anyway, Can't say I cared for her song, a little bit much for me but than that's me and to be honest and just how behind I am on most things, I didn't know who she was, Good aren't I.??

Ryan always looks and acts like a perfect gentleman and the judges always look like they are about 3/4 of the way drunk or something. I did notice that they all were somewhat shocked when Danny was not picked to go to the finale, so they must have been more awake than I thought. Simons comment that next week will be a ding dong or rather could be a ding dong week was different but I understand the statement, This could be the biggest upset in Idol history fi Kris manages to bring the title home...

Ya know CC, I've been coming to this board for what 2 years now and both season 5 and season 7 we had the same taste and same favorites at one time or another, (Taylor David H) so this seems odd that this season has changed that, I am kind of sorry for that and I hope that you all understand that I don't dislike Adam at all and didn't dislike Danny either, I think all three were and are so super talented but Kris just won me over faster I guess. Anyway I do with Danny Adam and kris all the best in their futures and I know all three will be a success....
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Down To Two - Results - 5/13/09   Down To Two - Results - 5/13/09 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 3:59 pm

Hrt~n~Soul wrote:
OMG, tears rolled down my cheeks when Danny was eliminated. Kris is a sweetheart and I like him. But I feel Danny had more to offer vocally. JMO I won't be voting next week but I'll certainly watch to see who wins.

I liked seeing Jordin on the AI stage again. She did seem more confident and I liked the song she sang. I agree....the dress did nothing for me. Katy Perry? Not a fan. It was in very bad taste to see Adam's name sewn across that cape. ~sigh~

SideNote: I watched Ace Young with Kimberly and Justin on Idol Tonight. His opinion was that the support given to Adam left the other two out. It wasn't fair to Danny and Kris, how they (all four judges) treated Adam like he had already won the title.

I'd would say that both Adam and Danny have gotten the lions share of the judges attention this season. It was what week 2 of the top 13 that Paula told Danny he'd be in the finales and of course she's said it several times to both of them. It is almost like the others didn't need to show up especially where Paula was concerned..JMO
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Down To Two - Results - 5/13/09   Down To Two - Results - 5/13/09 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 4:15 pm

W-
Gotta admit your right. Kris didn't get much attention throughout this competition. (until the last few weeks) He was called the Dark Horse and came out on top. For that reason, I'm excited for him. I hope the "dark horse" wins this one. That would so cool.
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: Down To Two - Results - 5/13/09   Down To Two - Results - 5/13/09 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 7:28 am

Down To Two - Results - 5/13/09 833804 Hi all, good to hear from you. One thing I have to agree with on your postings is that Paula should never say who she thinks will be in the finale I think. I could see her using a phrase like "I believe you are talented enough to possibly make it into the finale" not "see you there" like she has on many different seasons. I think she did this the year Constantine was on also. I almost applaud Randy and Simon in a way as basically both of them just give an opinion on the performance although Simon kind of says they might be in trouble. As for Kara I think she is totally useless as a judge and just takes up time. I think I read she will be back on next season which is a bummer for me personally.

Sandi, I know we have agreed in the past on the contestants but I think having different opinions sort of makes the world go round. I know you like Kris as do many others and that is okay by me. Adam did not start out as my favorite but I just find his range amazing and being so into music the way I am I can appreciate his rocker side even with the screaming. If by chance Adam does not win the title in a way I think it will be better for him because for one he will get a contract right away and and possibly not have to go through the humiliation that Taylor has had to endure from 19 Entertainment.

Kris on the other hand just has never interested me as a performer. He is cute and his fans love his talent but I just never connected to him. I did for Danny and will support his career. I so hope he gets signed or at least goes independent with a soulful album. I just really dig the tone of his voice.

Anyway, I think many from this season will do quite well in their careers and I do wish all of them much success. This was a fast season I think and I will be sorry to see it end. Good thing So You Think You Can Dance is coming on to ease the pain. teehee. Also that new show 'Glee" looks interesting. Also looking forward to watching the show The Bachelorette as I like that girl Jillian and hope she does better this time around.

Gotta go but thanks for responding to my post.

Down To Two - Results - 5/13/09 13092
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Down To Two - Results - 5/13/09   Down To Two - Results - 5/13/09 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 8:42 am

CC
I do so agree with you, I really do.. I know that Kris was hidden for so long that not to many even knew who he was, sad isn't it?? I do like Danny and I think he'll be signed and will do very well. In my honest opinion I think he might have pushed it this season, I read an article that said he did the best he could but his heart was really not into it because he could not stop wondering what his wife would think. Which is sad in in it self. I also read that he was ready to end it for the show, and that's why the remark on result night about just getting to it, he felt he was the one going home. He's a good guy and life delt him a bad hand at such an early age.

Adam is super talented and I agree his range is something else, but I guess it's not my style and although I like Adam and will buy his Cd becaue I do support most of the idols, I don't know if I'd ever get to be a fan as a LOT of people are.

Kris just struck a cord in me with his soft voice and the way he was able to make everything he sang so different and so KRIS... Ok I'll be honest too,, that I really did not like the way the judges treated him by never giving him the credit he deserved in my opinion//

I heard on E-News last night that Kara will be back next season and she hoped that the viewers liked the idea of 4 judges instead of 3, HA, she really needs to read the AI boards to get her answer to that one. I will say though that when Ryan asked her who her favorite was and who she thought should win, she would not say, saying it was right to say and she didn't think they were suppose to pick one cuz it's up to the voting public to do that. SO I do give her a hand for that one..

When does "So You Think You Can Dance" start? Do you not watch "America's Got Talent" I'm going to be going through Reality show melt down here in a week or so, They are all about done and I'll be LOST..
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Down To Two - Results - 5/13/09   Down To Two - Results - 5/13/09 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 11:35 am

I'm with both of you ladies. Kara just doesn't do it for me as a judge. I liked her right at first but as the season when on I too saw how much time was wasted. Yepper, she will be back next season. The big buzz is....Will Simon come back next season? I wasn't sure if it's "he'll be back next season" or "next season is his last". Any thoughts?
I'm going to miss the re-caps but I'm sure (and I love it when you do this CC) the up-dates on what our fave Idols are doing will be right here. :)

I'm already having Idol withdrawls. Thankfully, So You Think You Can Dance will be starting so to help keep me entertained. LOL
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Down To Two - Results - 5/13/09   Down To Two - Results - 5/13/09 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 7:10 pm

Simon's contract is through 2010 so he's stuck for next season and I don't see Simon breaking a contract, it might cost him a few bucks and we all know or at least have heard how tight he is right?? :)
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: Down To Two - Results - 5/13/09   Down To Two - Results - 5/13/09 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 8:08 am

Down To Two - Results - 5/13/09 396952 I doubt Simon will go before his contract ends. Another factor is I heard somewhere that he makes like 400 million from this show alone and that is quite a bit of moola to give up. If the show should continue after Simon's contract is up and he should leave I have a feeling the show will go down the tubes if the judges are only Randy, Kara and Paula. Let's face it Simon is quite popular in spite of his disparaging remarks. Guess we will have to see how it goes down in the future.

Sandi, I do not watch America's Got Talent because of too many goofballs who audition and frankly I am only interested in the dancers and singers. One year I did watch and that was the year Terry Fator won who was unique with his puppets. I think So You Think You Can Dance starts the week after idol ends. Several of the prior dancers who were on that show and didn't win the title have been working on Dancing With The Stars and also Dominic and Hok who were on became part of a dance group who won the title of America's Best Dance Crew. So being a dancer does have some advantages.

Well, gotta go. Have a good one everyone!
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Down To Two - Results - 5/13/09   Down To Two - Results - 5/13/09 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 11:58 am

$400 million???? For this show alone???? Damn, it must be nice. I can't see American Idol surviving too long after Simon leaves. He is the glue to this show despite what people think of him. Simon is one of those people you love to hate. As much as I hate him sometimes, I really do love the guy.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Down To Two - Results - 5/13/09   Down To Two - Results - 5/13/09 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 1:43 pm

I just watched TV GUIDE UP CLOSE and it was about Simon!!! Very interesting.. He makes 45 Million being a judge on the show BUT he's also got a vested interest in what the show makes and what 19E makes off each and every Cd that is put out and sold. He said that as of this date (show was dated 2008) that Fantasia is his favorite Idol winner but wouldn't comment on who was his favorite idol ever in the show. SO who knows....He has his little hands in A LOT of American TV show in one way or another. But when he was 30 he LOST everything to bad investments, including his home so had to move into his parents home. And that if there was ever a puppy idol he'd be the nicest judge ever, Dogs are his passion and he can't do enough for animal rights. His weakest spot is for puppies. .. They asked a lot of people if he was like what he's like on the show all the time. Every one that answered said YES, what you see is what you get..
A bit more than I planned on typing here but oh well..
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Down To Two - Results - 5/13/09   Down To Two - Results - 5/13/09 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 2:16 pm

He likes dogs too? See, I knew he wasn't all that bad. I love dogs as well so we have something in common. LOL

Thanks for the info W. This is very insightful stuff.
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: Down To Two - Results - 5/13/09   Down To Two - Results - 5/13/09 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 3:58 pm

wietzema wrote:
I just watched TV GUIDE UP CLOSE and it was about Simon!!! Very interesting.. He makes 45 Million being a judge on the show BUT he's also got a vested interest in what the show makes and what 19E makes off each and every Cd that is put out and sold. He said that as of this date (show was dated 2008) that Fantasia is his favorite Idol winner but wouldn't comment on who was his favorite idol ever in the show. SO who knows....He has his little hands in A LOT of American TV show in one way or another. But when he was 30 he LOST everything to bad investments, including his home so had to move into his parents home. And that if there was ever a puppy idol he'd be the nicest judge ever, Dogs are his passion and he can't do enough for animal rights. His weakest spot is for puppies. .. They asked a lot of people if he was like what he's like on the show all the time. Every one that answered said YES, what you see is what you get..
A bit more than I planned on typing here but oh well..

Thanks for the info. I am surprised he still said Fantasia was his favorite as the last time she appeared Simon was not that impressed with all the screaming she did. So he lost all his money once. Interesting. I think it was last year that Forbes had their richest people and Simon was in the top 20 so guess he got wise about investing.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Down To Two - Results - 5/13/09   Down To Two - Results - 5/13/09 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 9:33 pm

Yep He lost everything he had but that was when he was 30 and he's what now 46 or 49 not sure. I don't know when this was taped but it said 2008 so maybe it as before Fantasia and that priceless look that Simon gave her. I've heard him say that before though but not recently.. I thought it was interesting as well.

They also had a show on Randy and he's really been a constant in the music business and everyone they've talked to said that he was one of the nicest people you'd ever find, he's married with 3 kids.. It didn't tell what he made on the show.

Tonight they had one on Kara, She's wrote for 3 Idols, Kelly, Carrie and Taylor. And she will be back next season. She's had a full time in this business as well. Incase any one didn't know she has also wrote the cornation song for this season that BOTH Kris and Adam will sing..
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Down To Two - Results - 5/13/09   Down To Two - Results - 5/13/09 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 11:57 am

wietzema wrote:
Yep He lost everything he had but that was when he was 30 and he's what now 46 or 49 not sure. I don't know when this was taped but it said 2008 so maybe it as before Fantasia and that priceless look that Simon gave her. I've heard him say that before though but not recently.. I thought it was interesting as well.

They also had a show on Randy and he's really been a constant in the music business and everyone they've talked to said that he was one of the nicest people you'd ever find, he's married with 3 kids.. It didn't tell what he made on the show.

Tonight they had one on Kara, She's wrote for 3 Idols, Kelly, Carrie and Taylor. And she will be back next season. She's had a full time in this business as well. Incase any one didn't know she has also wrote the cornation song for this season that BOTH Kris and Adam will sing..

I sorta figured Randy would be one of the nicest guys you could ever meet. He appears that way on the show. I saw a recent interview with Kara. Apparently she's getting married soon. I congradulate her on the upcoming wedding. As far as Simon's age....I think he will be 50 this year. But don't quote me on that. I'm guessing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Down To Two - Results - 5/13/09   Down To Two - Results - 5/13/09 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Down To Two - Results - 5/13/09
Page 1 of 1