Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Aspen Auditions - 1/25/12

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Aspen Auditions - 1/25/12 Empty
PostSubject: Aspen Auditions - 1/25/12   Aspen Auditions - 1/25/12 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 12:41 pm

Aspen Auditions - 1/25/12 833804 Hi there and welcome. Have to say I am getting a bit tired of the audition period. Tonight finds us in Aspen, Colorado. The scenes they showed of this place were fantastic I think. I have been there both in the summer and winter and it is everything they said it was. However you really have to have money to stay there for very long regardless of the season. So now on to the actual auditions......

The Good (again this is a maybe overall)

Our first girl is energetic 24 year old Jenni Schick who is a music teacher. He sings "Heartbreaker" by Pat Benatar. It was okay but her jumping around during her time on stage was getting to me a bit.

Curtis Gray is 28 years old and we get to see him waking up at 6 a.m. before we see him later looking alot better. His voice was just okay for me.

Quick clips are shown of Richie Lan who has a deep voice like Scotty McCreery. It was nice sounding although I do not know what he sang.

Another quick scene with Devan Jones who reminded me of Seal.

Mathanee N. (sorry it was too fast for me to get his last name does "Hey Jude". It was alright I guess.

We then see a long scene involving Haley Smith who lives in a log cabin and is 18 years old. Her boyfriend was a cutie I think. She sings "Tell Me Something Good" by Chaka Khan. The judges loved this girl who holds down three jobs to make ends meet but frankly I was not that impressed.

Nice tone comes out of Shelby Tweten who is Bi-Polar and sings "Temporary Home".

I so liked the sound of the voice out of Jairon Jackson who does an original song called "So Hard". The song itself had good and bad parts to my way of thinking but with some re-working could be a hit.

25 year old Angie Ziederman has great stage presence and fancies Lady GaGa as her idol. She does some stage number which I did not recognize. Randy Jackson is all set to say no but then Angie calms down and does a decent job with the song "Blue Bayou". This girl might make the grade after Hollywood I think mainly because of her go-getter attitude and decent voice.

The Bad

19 year old Tealana is tired of being in her sister's shadow. She feels now she can finally shine as her sister is not auditioning. She could not be more wrong as she slaughters "Bring Me Some Water" by Melissa Ethridge. Really awful.

Alanna Snare is a 22 year old bartender/waitress and she too does a terrible job with the song "Jolene" by Dolly Parton.

Some crazy nut by the name of Magic Cyclops is shown in several scenes as he at one point plays an air guitar and talks about being from Davenport, Iowa. He also seems to be on the run as he owes some very not nice guys some money and skipped out on this. Using kind of a British accent he first performs "Cracklin Rose" from Neil Diamond and then "Margaritaville" by Jimmy Buffet. Randy thinks the whole thing is a joke and wants to leave the room. Both JLo and Steven give this guy a no vote.

Aspen Auditions - 1/25/12 322546 Well there you have it from tonight's episode. 31 gold tickets were given out in Aspen. Thursday night finds us in Houston, Texas. I will be back later with that re-cap. Take care all!
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Aspen Auditions - 1/25/12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aspen Auditions - 1/25/12   Aspen Auditions - 1/25/12 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 11:58 am

No one at the Aspen auditions blew me away. I was kind of disappointed about that. I did kind of like Jenni Schick so I'll put her on my radar for Hollywood week.

Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com

Aspen Auditions - 1/25/12
Page 1 of 1