Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Portland Auditions - 2/1/12

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Portland Auditions - 2/1/12 Empty
PostSubject: Portland Auditions - 2/1/12   Portland Auditions - 2/1/12 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 9:48 am

Portland Auditions - 2/1/12 322546 Hi there. Tonight's show finds us in Portland, Oregon. The crowds who came out for the auditions look massive to say the least. Several are shown getting ready for the auditions so on with how they did.

THE GOOD

Up first is Brittany Zika whose idol is Sara Barielles. She actually got to duet with Sara at one of her concerts which gave Brittany the oomph to try out for this show. Her version of "The Story" by Brandi Carlisle was not bad. She definitely is an energetic girl as shown in the clips before and after her audition.

Jermaine Jones is a gentle giant as he stands 6'8" and one half tall. His singing of "Superstar" was nicely done as he does have a voice. He is sweating big time but manages to get the gold.

Britnee Kellogg is a mother of two young boys. She so reminded me of Britney Spears with the way she looks however her voice is better than Ms. Spears I think. Her song of choice was "Your No Good" by Linda Ronstadt. I liked this one alot.

Romero Diann grew up in a refugee camp from age 5 years to 2001. Now 18 years old he sings for a chance at the gold which he does get. Sorry forgot to get the name of the song he sang.

Naomi Gillies hopes to impress as she sings Aerosmith's "Crying". She does impress the judges and it is off to Hollywood for her. I was not totally blown away by her as I felt she yelled alot of the lyrics.

I truly admire this next young lady whose name is Jessica Phillips. She is 26 years old and is a caregiver for her boyfriend Angelo who suffered a massive stroke which impaired his speaking abilities. She is teaching him to speak as we see in her clips. She does a nice job with the song "Again" by Faith Evans and gets the gold.

THE BAD

Along the way we see several who do not get to move on and their anger and heartbreak is clearly shown.

One to audition is Ben Purdom who is actually sick with a sinus problem and cold. I could have done without seeing him blowing his nose. He does a song by Lady GaGa and one other one but both are pretty bad so no gold for him.

Sam Gershman is actually a girl and has tons of personality and energy but her version of "I'm A Woman" is nowhere close to what the judges want so no gold for her either.

David Weed has a dry sense of humor which is his only gift as he does not do very well with the song "Tom Sawyer" by Rush.

28 year old Ben Harrison has a baby face and looks about 14 years old. I must say he is a happy soul even when he fails to move on to Hollywood after he sings "Somebody To Love" by Queen. It was not great but in my opinion not that bad either but the judges are a no across the board.

lol! Altogether 45 tickets were given out and I wish each of them luck in Hollywood. Our next and final stop I believe is St. Louis on Thursday's show. Madonna will be premiering her newest video also on this segment. Be back with that re-cap later. Have a great day all!
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Portland Auditions - 2/1/12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portland Auditions - 2/1/12   Portland Auditions - 2/1/12 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 1:24 pm

Again wasn't wowed by anyone. I'm starting to think this is going to be a bummer season for me. I just can not connect with anyone so far. We'll see how the St Louis auditions go. Portland Auditions - 2/1/12 709577
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com

Portland Auditions - 2/1/12
Page 1 of 1