Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Male American Idols face trouble with labels

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Male American Idols face trouble with labels Empty
PostSubject: Male American Idols face trouble with labels   Male American Idols face trouble with labels Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 9:40 pm

While "American Idol" winners Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood have become two of music's A-list stars, the recent exit of Taylor Hicks from JRecords means no male "American Idol" winner has a major-label deal now. (Ruben Studdard left J Records in December.)

Neither one, despite their wild popularity on the TV show, ever really connected with the mainstream pop audience with their albums. It's the difference between likable personalities who make for good TV and singers who make music that lots of people want to hear all the time. They're generally not the same thing.
http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/music/ny-etsecw5537837jan15,0,2379038.story
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
tishlp

tishlp

Female
Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Male American Idols face trouble with labels   Male American Idols face trouble with labels Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 8:28 am

Well, I disagree with that last statement. It's because neither Ruben or Taylor are "pop" singers and therefore weren't pushed by the record label.

But whatever, Taylor and Ruben will both be successful. Male American Idols face trouble with labels 322546
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Male American Idols face trouble with labels   Male American Idols face trouble with labels Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 8:45 am

Pop is definately so far out of their league, but I have to say - the guys have had it tougher.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Male American Idols face trouble with labels   Male American Idols face trouble with labels Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 8:45 am

I agree with you tishlp, Taylor and Ruben are different than the rest in my opinon and some think that if they do not sing the wild loud or popular music style they are not good. We know different and they will make their mark and that what's important...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Male American Idols face trouble with labels   Male American Idols face trouble with labels Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Male American Idols face trouble with labels
Page 1 of 1