Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Taylor Hicks Picks David Archuleta to Win;

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Taylor Hicks Picks David Archuleta to Win; Empty
PostSubject: Taylor Hicks Picks David Archuleta to Win;   Taylor Hicks Picks David Archuleta to Win; Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 12:26 pm

According to the Courier-Journal, who is "American Idol" winner Taylor Hicks rooting for on this season's show?

"David Archuleta. He kind of reminds me of Wayne Newton. You know, the "Danke Schoen" at (17). He's a young entertainer. (He'll do great) if he could just sustain himself when he tours. From that show, it doesn't necessarily have to be music, it could be film. The show form is television. There could be ample opportunities (for him) in the entertainment industry."

Hicks, meanwhile, will drop a new album this fall; a DVD called "Whomp at the Warfield," a two-disc set of his pre-"American Idol" songs and is planning tours in Asia and Italy.

"I never thought country boy from Alabama could go over to Asia and have a fan base," he said, sipping on a Jack Daniels and 7. "The soul patrol reaches around the globe. It's an international concept."

So I have to assume from this nugget of information that the Early Works CD will include more than "In Your Time" and "Under the Radar" because those two can easily fit on ONE CD (14 songs). What do you suppose the other CD will be? Re-dos? Ain't No Sunshine? Abraham, Martin & John? People Get Ready from the 'Nashville" gig? This may turn out to be one 'hell of a set', eh?
http://soulthing.blogspot.com/2008/05/taylor-hicks-picks-david-archuleta-to.html
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Hicks Picks David Archuleta to Win;   Taylor Hicks Picks David Archuleta to Win; Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 12:55 pm

I've seen this and thought Ok I'd have never thought Taylor would pick David A but what the hay, the kid can sing and seeing how he thinks he's like a young Wayne Newton I'll go along with it..

This was posted on the GD on the AI boards and boy did Taylor take a hit with it. I of course could not let that happen so gave my 2cents whether any one wanted it or not, I said that David could only be so lucky to be like Wayne Newton and the guy is a seller in everything he does. I do like Wayne N and just look at the time he's been in the business, WOW David could do a lot worse.

Needless to say I didn't get to many glowing remarks ha.. Love getting the trolls :) :)
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Hicks Picks David Archuleta to Win;   Taylor Hicks Picks David Archuleta to Win; Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 7:36 am

🆒 Thanks for the posting. I think Taylor just loves music period which is why he likes David A. I kind of agree with the Wayne Newton thing. My only concern is David is so young and inexperienced I hope he does not let his fame ruin his life. He seems so awkward about talking with Ryan. I do however think young David is a great singer and I am looking forward to getting his music even if it is all ballads. Beautiful tone to his voice.

Now if Taylor would just hurry up and release that cd and DVD I would be so happy.

;)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Hicks Picks David Archuleta to Win;   Taylor Hicks Picks David Archuleta to Win; Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taylor Hicks Picks David Archuleta to Win;
Page 1 of 1