Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

1tay's recap of her "grease" incounter

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

1tay's recap of her "grease" incounter Empty
PostSubject: 1tay's recap of her "grease" incounter   1tay's recap of her "grease" incounter Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 11:55 pm

This was posted on the boogie by 1tay. It touched me so much that I had to bring it over. I hope she dont mind...
don't know where to begin!! Last night was so fantastic!!
We got to the restaurant (Trattoria Tricolore) which is right next door to the theatre. There were at least 10 of us there....we got into the theatre exactly as they rang the bell that the play was about to begin.
One of the ladies had made up "Soul Patrol" signs for all of us to flash when Taylor came on stage. I thought the play was pretty good (our seats were Row B to the right of the stage).....but, when Taylor's ice cream cone appears dangling from the ceiling of the stage while the rest of the cast is still finishing up their scene, the place went nuts with screams and howls from the audience (especially our group!! LOL).
Taylor was everything you can imagine...and MORE...he really is such a ham and a very good actor....no nervousness at all!! He spotted the Soul Patrol signs and came over to our side of the stage and flashed a big smile at us and waved to us....he made eye contact with everyone of us!! It was great!!
Then, for the finale, he came back on and the audience gave him the most applause again!! We quickly rushed out of the theatre to be sure to get a spot at the front of the barricades that are put up near the Stage Door. The other members of the cast came out first, and they just ASSUME that some of the people are there for them....although everyone I spoke to was there for Taylor....and screams of "Taylor, Taylor" were going on waiting for him!! When some of the cast came over to my spot, I didn't want them to sign my Playbill so my daughter suggested I give them the back of my Soul Patrol sign...which I did!! LOL I was saving my Playbill just for Taylor!!
When Taylor came out, he looked fantastic!! He signed autographs for EVERYONE on both sides of the stage door....he didn't leave one single person out, and the sidewalk was mobbed with his fans so there was a lot of signing by him!!
Then he got into his SUV and waved and left. We were all so happy to have seen him. Everyone left after that, but my daughter, me, my friend Pattie, and another friend Gloria all remained to take some more pictures in front of Taylor's poster. There were a lot of pedestrians walking along the sidewalk, and we had to wait for them to pass by so it took quite a while before we got all of our pictures taken with the poster. As we all started to leave and were walking by the stage door to get to the corner to hail a cab, Pattie says she sees Taylor in front of the stage door with his baseball cap on (!!)....my daughter says that can't be Taylor because he already left....just then my daughter looks right at him and says "Holy crap, it's YOU!!!" LOL And IT WAS TAYLOR!! He laughed when my daughter realized it was him!!
He had come back to the theatre for some reason and was waiting for them to get the stage door open from the inside so now we had him cornered!! There were only four of us there!! My daughter went up to Taylor and told him that I had been operated on last year and that his book he had inscribed to me saying "Keep the Faith" meant so much to me. I looked at him and said I didn't want to bother him, but he put his hand out to me to shake my hand and then told me to come over to him to take my picture with him!! I didn't even ask him for that!! He was so wonderful. Then Pattie asked for a picture and he obliged her....then my daughter asked for a picture and he posed with her too!! The guy is such a sweetheart!! Gloria had paid for the Meet and Greet with Taylor earlier in the evening but she had her picture taken again with him. I think our encounter with him was so special because it came from his heart.
We really enjoyed our time with Taylor....just when I think he can't get any better....HE DOES!!!
He is amazing!!
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

1tay's recap of her "grease" incounter Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1tay's recap of her "grease" incounter   1tay's recap of her "grease" incounter Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 7:07 am

:) Wonderful account of events and I so envy her. Taylor is indeed a great person and really lets the fans know how much he cares. Thanks for posting this!

Taylor Rocks
Back to top Go down

1tay's recap of her "grease" incounter
Page 1 of 1