Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

David Cook recording with Green Day producer

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

David Cook recording with Green Day producer Empty
PostSubject: David Cook recording with Green Day producer   David Cook recording with Green Day producer Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 6:23 pm

David Cook has promised to make a rock record that's true to himself, and the American Idol winner has confirmed that the studio maestro tasked with helping him realize that goal is Rob Cavallo. The producer has already lent his talents to high profile projects from My Chemical Romance, Kid Rock, and, most extensively, Green Day, including their Grammy Award-winning album American Idiot, and Cook is confident that Cavallo is the right person for his upcoming release. "I think he's a great producer with the kind of sound that I want," Cook tells EW.com. "And in talking to him, he's just a good guy. Like the song selection I had on the show, Rob just fit."

The two are currently squeezing in studio time whenever the Idol summer tour allows, and Cook still plans to release the album in mid-November. As previously reported, Cook has had writing sessions with Our Lady Peace's Raine Maida and Collective Soul's Ed Roland, but there's one person who isn't involved with the album: industry vet Clive Davis, the man who executive produced several Idols' debuts, but whose role at SonyBMG, where he's currently Chief Creative Officer of SonyBMG Worldwide, has shifted. "I never heard his name brought up," Cook said.

That may free up Cook to make his own decision about whether to include his Idol finale single, "The Time of My Life," on the album. (Being forced to include a generally-sappy but familiar song on a decidedly rock debut had been a bone of contention for one previous winner, Taylor Hicks, who reportedly resisted having "Do I Make You Proud" on his album.) Cook hasn't yet made the call about the single. "It's not like there's any resistance to [the song]," he says. "My goal is to make a cohesive record, and I don't want any song to stick out like a sore thumb. But in every meeting that I've had with 19 [Management] and RCA [Records], they've been very supportive of what I want to do with my record."
http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2008/08/david-cook-rob.html
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: David Cook recording with Green Day producer   David Cook recording with Green Day producer Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 9:34 am

:) I figured with Clive Davis not being so much in control on songs that David would make his kind of record. Also without Clive's influence he scored gold with Daughtry being able to make his own kind of record. I wish David lots of success with this new venture.
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: David Cook recording with Green Day producer   David Cook recording with Green Day producer Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 12:19 pm

hell he try to destory Bo and Taylor the guy is an idoit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: David Cook recording with Green Day producer   David Cook recording with Green Day producer Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 7:03 pm

I've already been hearing David on the radio and I must say he will be very successful. He sounds really good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: David Cook recording with Green Day producer   David Cook recording with Green Day producer Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 9:50 pm

taylor sounds excellent far better then good and well :blue: :( :cryhard:
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: David Cook recording with Green Day producer   David Cook recording with Green Day producer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

David Cook recording with Green Day producer
Page 1 of 1