Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

David Cook debuted at No. 3

Go down 
+4
tygrlllie
concertcris
Taysiah
DreamHrt
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

David Cook debuted at No. 3 Empty
PostSubject: David Cook debuted at No. 3   David Cook debuted at No. 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 12:33 pm

American Idol champion, David Cook debuted at No. 3 on the music charts on November 26, 2008 selling 280,000 copies. The self-titled album also came in at No. 1 on the digital album chart which is being reported as the best debut from an “Idol” winner since 2006.

Fifth season Idol winner Taylor Hicks, sold more units than Cook when he debuted at the No. 1 spot on the U.S. Billboard 200 chart, selling 298,000 copies of his album in the first week in 2006. Unfortunately, by the end of the year however, Hicks’ album had only sold a mere 700,000 copies, making it the lowest selling debut album by an American Idol winner.

Cook’s first single, “Light On” from his debut album has become very poplular both on radio and the internet.
http://www.realitytvmagazine.com/blog/2008/11/28/david-cooks-album-debuts-at-no-3-the-billboard-200-chart/
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: David Cook debuted at No. 3   David Cook debuted at No. 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 9:27 pm

if they had bother to promote Taylor like they should his cd would have sell a helluva more. And if they would have given Taylor created control over his cd.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: David Cook debuted at No. 3   David Cook debuted at No. 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 7:28 am

David Cook debuted at No. 3 399539 I so agree with Mae's comment on the release of Taylor's album. As far as David's album goes I was somewhat disappointed in it as many of the songs sound the same however there are 4 tracks on it I like. I am glad to see that he is having a good start however. Frankly I am not wild about that song "Light On". I much prefer the song "The Time of My Life".

Anyway, the best of luck to David for continued success.
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: David Cook debuted at No. 3   David Cook debuted at No. 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 12:44 pm

David Cook debuted at No. 3 399539 Agreed on both counts. Idol messed him over and we all know it. Sad but true. Im sure he isnt the only one.
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: David Cook debuted at No. 3   David Cook debuted at No. 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 8:10 am

No, he's not. Look at how they've treated poor Ruben. My Mom (who has never watched the show, so is only marginally aware of any of it) thought Clay won that year.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: David Cook debuted at No. 3   David Cook debuted at No. 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 9:19 am

David Cook debuted at No. 3 833804 There are several they have messed over. Ruben is one so is Bo Bice making him put out that pop album which did fair in sales. Some others they screwed over with no promotion was Diana DeGarmo and Justin Guarini.

It really makes me angry the way they handle some of their idols. Elliott Yamin is probably the best example as well as Bucky Covington who show you that you really do not need 19 companies to be successful.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: David Cook debuted at No. 3   David Cook debuted at No. 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 1:03 pm

That's true - they are both doing very well on their own.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: David Cook debuted at No. 3   David Cook debuted at No. 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 10:20 am

David Cook debuted at No. 3 833804 All I can say is....Those who are doing well without major labels are finding it easier to make it in the business without Clive or anyone else looking over their shoulders telling them how to put a song together. Taylor is doing well even without air time for his music. (thanks to Broadway) I wish continued success for all the idols who refuse to fit into molds not made for them.

Not really crazy about David's single but, like CC says, he does have a few others that sound good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
geewindu

geewindu

Male
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: David Cook debuted at No. 3   David Cook debuted at No. 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 5:25 am

I must say while I have heard all the songs on the album passively (while busy with other things) but I do like Bar-Ba-Sol, the acoustic one he wrote for his brother and Light On. But from what I heard the album sounds great!

Light On I do really like. I guess more so after seeing the music video. Before it was good but the music video I totally didn't expect it and made it great. Which usually the music videos don't do for me. But I interpreted it like my life. One of my friends thought it was a typical love story type thing. But I didn't even see it that way at first. But it was like my life right up to a certain point. Anyways for those that would like to see it:

https://www.youtube.com/v/CP5fBx8JLoQ
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: David Cook debuted at No. 3   David Cook debuted at No. 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 7:54 am

Thanks - I hadn't yet. Not bad, I guess.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
geewindu

geewindu

Male

PostSubject: Re: David Cook debuted at No. 3   David Cook debuted at No. 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 2:11 am

yeah the video is probably average but when i watched it so much of it seemed to relate to my life. So I do like it more than i even thought i would LOL
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: David Cook debuted at No. 3   David Cook debuted at No. 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 9:56 am

*) I started to watch the video and it said "embeding disabled by request". So I can't see it. OH well! I've heard "Light On". I like it, it's OK. But he has other songs that I enjoy more.
Back to top Go down
geewindu

geewindu

Male

PostSubject: Re: David Cook debuted at No. 3   David Cook debuted at No. 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 12:55 pm

Yeah I get that too *) That's why I added a link under it in case it didn't work. Unfortunately that is the only one on youtube i could find David Cook debuted at No. 3 485234
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: David Cook debuted at No. 3   David Cook debuted at No. 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 6:15 pm

welcome back geewindu
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: David Cook debuted at No. 3   David Cook debuted at No. 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 11:11 am

Yep, did the link. Besides that David was on Ellen Degeneres not too long ago so I got to watch him perform. Is it me or has he gotten better looking since Idol?
Back to top Go down
Angie
Administrator
Angie

Female
Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: David Cook debuted at No. 3   David Cook debuted at No. 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 3:15 pm

Okay so it's no secret in my little world that I love me some Dave. His CD went gold this week by the way! Yay!! Anyhoo...gee said something about the song for his brother...Permanent. On Dec 11 he performed in Columbus, OH and sang this song live for the first time. Totally awesome. There is nothing like Dave live.

I'm not biased. Really, but I think his CD is amazing. He's more of a rock performer. All his pre Idol stuff is heavier than this and I think he found a great balance in this CD and was able to stay true to himself and please AI in the process. This man has talent and an amazing voice.

Here is Permanent: