Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Top 36 Are Named - 2/11/09

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Top 36 Are Named - 2/11/09 Empty
PostSubject: Top 36 Are Named - 2/11/09   Top 36 Are Named - 2/11/09 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 12:51 am

:( Hello all. I am going to keep this re-cap brief for a couple of reasons. I am sad on this day as my hubby died on this very day in 2003. He was a great guy and I miss him terribly. That aside my other reason for keeping this brief is I can see American Idol is really into the drama this year and frankly I am sick of it. I am not happy with several of the choices that were made and I did not care for the fact that several had to have a sing-off to decide their fate. Now that the somewhat loony judges are seated in their chairs in the lavish mansion I will now give you a quick rundown of who made it with just a brief comment.

Top 36 Are Named - 2/11/09 833804 WHO STAYS:

Anoop Desai - good choice
Von Smith - undecided
Alex Wagner-Trugman - want to hear more
Adam Lambert - want to hear more
Taylor Vaifanua - undecided
Jasmine Murray - not really interested
Ariana Afsar - undecided
Casey Carlson - bad choice I think
Megan Corkrey - undecided
Mishavonna Hensen - not really interested
Stevie Wright - need to hear more
Joanna Pacitti - unfair choice I think
Kendall Beard - not really interested
Kristen McNamara - bad choice I think
Alexis Grace - not really interested
Scott Macintyre - glad he made it
Lil Rounds - not that impressed currently
Jessica Langseth - not really interested
Allison Iraheta - want to hear more
Danny Gokey - top favorite still
Ricky Braddy - unsure
Matt Giraud - want to hear more
Junot Joyner - unsure
Jorge Nunez - unsure
Brent Keith - need to hear more
Stephen Fowler - should have left after blowing his solo
Nick Mitchell - hope he forgets the comedy and just sings
Jackie Tohn - need to hear more
Tatiana Del Toro - Yuck
Nathaniel Marshall - if he does not talk and just sings might like him
Jeanine Vailes - unsure
Kia Kalama - I'm on the fence here
Anne Marie Boskovich - I like her
Kris Allen - need to hear more
Matt Breitzke - need to hear more
Michael Sarver - I like him

Top 36 Are Named - 2/11/09 412302 GOING HOME:

Cody Sheldon - right choice I think considering sing-off
T. K. Hash - wish I could have seen more from him
Chris Chatman - no airtime, unsure
Reggi Beasley - no airtime, unsure
Felicia Bardon - no airtime, unsure
Ashley Hollister - no airtime, unsure
Devon Baldwin - no airtime, unsure
Frankie Jordan - blew her sing-off
Jenn Korbee - she should have stayed I think
Shera Lawrence - no airtime, unsure
Derik Lavers - no airtime, unsure
Jamar Rogers - he was robbed of a spot I think and should have stayed
Jackie Midkiff - sounded good in the sing-off and would have liked to hear more.

There were 5 others who got their walking papers to make up the remaining 54 who were left but we never saw them. Guess American Idol wants to keep the drama for their filler moments.

Top 36 Are Named - 2/11/09 201170 So now we have our top 36. Some I like but others I could care less how far they go. Sorry to be on such a downer about this but it is how I feel. For the next 3 weeks groups of 12 will perform and of those 12, only 4 will survive each week. Keep in mind we do have a wildcard spot each week. Our first group of 12 contain many of the ones I like so this is going to be a tough one I think. The first group are Casey Carlson, Stephen Fowler, Jackie Tohn, Ricky Braddy, Anne Marie Boskovich, Brent Keith, Alexis Grace, Michael Sarver, Stevie Wright, Danny Gokey, Anoop Desai and finally the obnoxious Tatiana Del Toro. Hopefully she goes home first.

Top 36 Are Named - 2/11/09 296366 I need to get to bed as tomorrow is my mom's surgery and I have to get up at 5 am to take her to Reno. I will let you know how it goes. I also welcome your thoughts on tonight's show so hope to chat soon. Take care all!
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Top 36 Are Named - 2/11/09   Top 36 Are Named - 2/11/09 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 8:07 am

Wow, the obnoxious one is still in there?
Hope Mom is okay - we're praying for her. *hugs CC* I wish I were there for real for that, but you know that your sweetheart is still nearby.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

PostSubject: Re: Top 36 Are Named - 2/11/09   Top 36 Are Named - 2/11/09 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 2:15 pm

What a horrid day this must be for you CC, sad and my heart goes out to you, It's my son's 37th birthday today so it's always been a special day for us but know I'll have to remember you on this day as well.

Now for AI.. The Drama Drama Drama of this season is getting bad. as you've listed the top 36 I will just say that the only one I'm even slightly interested in this season is one that you are undecided about ha.. and that would be Kia Kalama, for some reason I like this kid and hope he does lot better than my pick last season did..

Also there has been a change in the 36, Joanna Pacitti has been sent packing, From what I understand the all of a sudden found out she had inside connections to the show or something like that so they booted her out and added Felicia Bardon in her place. Ok so this is all fine and good and whatever whatever whatever but my question is DID they just discover this or is it just another way to add more drama to the show? I mean come on they are suppose to check these guys out right? It seems the last few years they've been letting some through that are questionable at best (season 5 the twins, season 7 David H and his dancing) and now this. I don't really care cuz I didn't pay a lot of attention to Joanna anyway other than the fact that she's been doing this music business and has had Cd contracts before but don't think it was fair to her to give her the go ahead and then give her the boot.. JMO
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Top 36 Are Named - 2/11/09   Top 36 Are Named - 2/11/09 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 3:45 pm

I ended missing most of the show last night because I was helping my dad with his computer. Thanks for your recaps CC no matter how brief they are.

Top 36 Are Named - 2/11/09 451785 I was glad to see these people make it through: Danny Gokey (no surprise there), Michael Sarver, Anoop Desai, Stevie Wright Kristen McNamara and Ann Marie Boskovitch. Danny and Michael are the ones I'm keeping a close eye on.

:cryhard: I was sad to read Jamar Rogers and T K Hash went home.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Top 36 Are Named - 2/11/09   Top 36 Are Named - 2/11/09 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 7:56 pm

Apparantly, one of the issues with Joanna is that her best friend works for 19 Entertainment.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Top 36 Are Named - 2/11/09   Top 36 Are Named - 2/11/09 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 10:38 pm

Thanks for responding everyone. Sorry I was so quick about the re-cap but other things are going on for me as you know.

Sandi I just found out that Joanna Pacitti was replaced. I do not think it is that bad as she did not do that great in Hollywood. As for Felicia, we really did not see her during the process so it will be interesting to see how she does in the course of things. My top favorite is still Danny Gokey although I am interested in others. Need to see more of Kia I think.

Well gang, my mom had her surgery and we have more to worry about it seems. They removed the lesion but the doctor spotted another area that he thinks is "invasive" Cancer. He took a biopsy but we will not get the results until next week. This is frightening to say the least. After he gets the full reports than we will have discuss the options. They ended up keeping my mom in the hospital overnight as her blood pressure zoomed up too high and of course she was sore from the surgery. This whole ordeal was so draining for me also as I had to walk so much in that hospital as it is so spread out. I bet I walk at least 20 miles in that place. My legs are killing me. I spent the night at Harrah's but of course was at the hospital most of the time. We finally got home around 4:00 pm this afternoon. I will let you know once we know the full story. Please keep those prayers coming. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Top 36 Are Named - 2/11/09   Top 36 Are Named - 2/11/09 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 11:09 am

On Monday we got news that one of my mothers cousins was diagnoised with "progressive" lung cancer. Just two days after we got the message he passed away.
My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you CC.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Top 36 Are Named - 2/11/09   Top 36 Are Named - 2/11/09 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 3:30 pm

Oh my, prayers still going up!
~tyg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 36 Are Named - 2/11/09   Top 36 Are Named - 2/11/09 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 36 Are Named - 2/11/09
Page 1 of 1