Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

News Update - 10/25/09

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

News Update - 10/25/09 Empty
PostSubject: News Update - 10/25/09   News Update - 10/25/09 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 12:26 pm

News Update - 10/25/09 57823 Wow, it has been quite some time since I posted some news about our idols so figured I would get you up to speed on some of the news. Here goes:

News Update - 10/25/09 902284

Lots of music news to report. First up is the new single release from Jason Castro of season 7. The song is called "Let's Just Fall In Love Again". I'm sure the Jason fans will love it. You can see the video and song on the AI site. No word yet on when Jason's debut album will drop but will let you know when I know.

Elliott Yamin has an exclusive interview on AI on October 26th. Our Elliott has been one busy guy since his 3rd place finish on season 5. He has put out two regular albums and two holiday albums which did quite nicely on the charts. He also took part in the Idol Gives Back by going to Africa with Fantasia (season 3 winner) and distributing mosquito nets for the cause "Malaria No More". He is also quite active with several Diabetic causes. He has been on two USO tours to entertain the troops, in fact he just got back from the second one. Currently you can hear his latest single called "Can't Keep On Loving You" on the radio. I really like this one.

Speaking of Idol Gives Back, this event will be returning to the idol stage on season 9. It will air on April 21, 2010. Good cause and definitely worth supporting.

Justin Guarini from season 1 recently performed and emceed for the 4th Annual Education Through Music cause in Los Angeles. This jazz event also featured his wife Reina, Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band, Patti Austin and a special appearance by none other than Johnny Mathis. Hopefully their efforts will keep the music going in schools.

Blake Lewis's sophomore album "Heartbreak on Vinyl" came out on Oct 6th. This is a more dance oriented album rather than beat-box. Currently you can view and hear one of the songs called "Sad Song" which features finalist on season 8 Casey Carlson on the AI site. I've heard the album and it is not bad and should make the Blake fans swoon.

Allison Iraheta of season 8 is not wasting anytime getting her music out there. She has released a new single called "Friday I'll Be Over U" off her soon to be release debut album which comes out December 1st. I am looking forward to seeing how this young contestant does with her own music.

Speaking of young contestants, David Archutea of season 7 has released a new holiday album entitled "Christmas From The Heart". It came out October 13th. He goes on tour November 24th to perform songs from this latest release. I did not realize he had a new one out and plan to get it as I just love young Archie's voice.

David Cook's song "The Time of My Life" won an award recently at the 2009 Nashville Music Awards for "Song of The Year". This song and David's debut album have both gone platinum and it could not happen to a nicer guy. I just love this song by him.

On October 24th season 5's Bucky Covington gave a Nascar concert in Memphis, Tn. Bucky is having great success in his career. His debut album opened at #1 on the country charts with his first weeks sales the highest of any new country artist in 2007. He has been on several tours also. Look for his second album entitled "I'm Alright" to drop in the Spring of 2010.

The 37th American Music Awards falls on Nov. 22nd and Adam Lambert recently told Ryan Seacrest on his show that he will be singing his first single off his debut album on the show. His album comes out on Nov. 23rd. I can hardly wait. By the way you might want to check out his video and song "Time For Miracles" from the movie "2012". Two other idols are nominated, one being Carrie Underwood for "Female Vocalist" in the country genre and Chris Daughtry for "Favorite Artist" in the Adult Contemporary field. Both Carrie and Chris have won prior with 3 awards each. Good luck to both.

By the way, Chris will also be appearing on the CMA awards show. He will be performing his single "Tennessee Line" with none other than Vince Gill. Chris fans can find this song on his latest album release called "Leave This Town" which debuted at #1 on the charts.

Lots of news regarding season 4 winner Carrie Underwood. First off she is releasing a new album called "Play On" which comes out Nov. 3rd. She will be appearing on the Letterman show, Good Morning America and Live with Regis and Kelly to promote the new album. She also will once again be co-host with Brad Paisley on the 43rd CMA awards show. She is nominated for two awards which are "Female Vocalist of the Year" and "Musical Event of the Year". This successful young lady has done very well in her career with having 10 #1 hits of her two album releases. Carrie also has a holiday show coming up on Dec. 7th with her guests being Brad Paisley, Dolly Parton and our very own David Cook. Should be a great show.

:bdaysign:

Several idols had birthdays during the month of October. Let's start with Lil Rounds who turned 25 years old on Oct. 20th. This mother of 3 had lots of fun on the American Idol tour and is currently in talks with several music executives about a contract. She also has started work on her debut album.

Also on Oct. 20th season 7's Michael Johns turned 30. Hard to believe! He also is one busy guy as he has been on tour with co-finalist Brooke White. He released his debut album "Hold Back My Heart" in June and his single "Heart On My Sleeve" made it to #22 on the charts. I absolutely love this album and highly recommend you give it a listen. His next tour is coming up as he joins Ruben Studdard (season 2 winner) for the show "Hitman: A Special Evening With David Foster & Friends". It is a 10 city tour and frankly speaking I wish I could see it as the album is awesome.

October 19th, season 2's Josh Gracin turned 29 years old. This once Marine has had great success in the country field. His debut album came in at #2 on the country charts and #11 on Billboard in 2004. It went Gold right away. He also had great success with his second album. In August he released his new single "She's a Different Kind of Crazy" from his soon to be released 3rd album. This father of 4 is currently on tour.

Melinda Doolittle celebrated her 32nd birthday on October 6th. In February of 2009, Melinda released her debut album "Coming Back To You". She also is heavily involved in several charities with Idol Gives Back one of them. She has made several appearances on tour and also television.

:danceing Last but definitely not least our wonderful Taylor celebrated his 33rd birthday on October 7th. Of all things he and Simon Cowell have the same birthdate with Simon turning 50 this year. Our Taylor has been going strong with his Grease tour and has also released several albums which I am proud to say I own all of them. Love him in his videos and shows that Jodi and others have posted on here. One last reminder that Mae posted from the American Idol site is that our guy made the Forbes magazine Top 10 Earning American Idol stars due to his album sales and Grease earnings. I am so proud of him!

News Update - 10/25/09 600701 News Update - 10/25/09 451785 News Update - 10/25/09 531978 News Update - 10/25/09 406210

News Update - 10/25/09 322546 Well, that's the news for now and hope all of you are enjoying this wonderful Fall weather. Until next time, take care.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: News Update - 10/25/09   News Update - 10/25/09 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 2:21 pm

Thanks so much for posting the updates on our Idols CC. Sounds like I have alot of catching up to do as far as purchasing some Cd's. It good to read about what our Idols are doing.

Our guy Taylor is doing quite well, isn't he? Yay, Taylor!!!

woo hoo Taylor Rocks News Update - 10/25/09 600701 News Update - 10/25/09 767307 News Update - 10/25/09 839840 clap
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: News Update - 10/25/09   News Update - 10/25/09 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 10:52 pm

and young Josiah - why don't they ever give any news on him. :(
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: News Update - 10/25/09   News Update - 10/25/09 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 9:52 am

News Update - 10/25/09 412302 Mae, have not heard anything about Josiah.

However wanted to add that several of our idols have been nominated in the People's Choice Awards coming in 2010. They are Adam Lambert, Kris Allen as new breakthrough artists. Daughtry in the rock category, Jennifer Hudson in the R&B field and also American Idol in the reality section. You can go on-line to vote in all categories at www.peopleschoice.com

I have already been voting and of course you know Adam is getting most of my votes for sure.

Until next time: News Update - 10/25/09 13092
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News Update - 10/25/09   News Update - 10/25/09 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

News Update - 10/25/09
Page 1 of 1