Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Results - 2/25/10

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Results - 2/25/10 Empty
PostSubject: Results - 2/25/10   Results - 2/25/10 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 5:29 pm

Results - 2/25/10 72213 Hello to all. Sadly I had some things to take care of so kind of late with my re-cap of the results show. I am sure those of you still interested in the show know how this show panned out but of course I must follow through by re-capping and giving my thoughts on how things went down. On who went home I was two for two with my take but do not want to get too far ahead of myself. I will say upfront I was sorry to see the other two eliminated that I had not chosen but being that this show has been quite lackluster thus far, maybe it is understandable.

Results - 2/25/10 241342 "Drama" starts off our night with Ryan saying "they share the same dream and stage", "this is the opportunity they prayed for", etc. etc. etc ! Of course we also once again see re-caps of judges comments, some clips of the Hollywood rounds and of course it all boils down to the fact that their destiny is unclear. No Kidding! Before Ryan's famous line is said, we hear that all will be fighting to secure their place in history but sadly four will leave before this evening ends. That's right folks "This is American Idol"!

I can not remember the other seasons vote counts but I think this might be lowest amount than prior seasons as only 24 million votes were cast. We next hear that our guest performers for the night are Allison Iraheta and Kris Allen who will be singing a special number for the people of Haiti who suffered a devastating earthquake several weeks ago.

Next comes the intros to the judges with comments from each. Simon answers back to the fact that people think he is being harsher than normal this season. Personally I think Simon has been nicer this time around with most of his thoughts. Ellen's first time as judge is not exactly what she expected but she loves all the contestants in spite of their nerves. Randy says at this point of the show it is tough. Kara says she and her hubby are working it out after her gush of Casey James the night before and things are okay. I'm wondering since her hubby is in the audience tonight, maybe keeping an eye on her?

:sing: Now comes the group sing with the contestants being very careful not to knock each other over on this small stage which is no easy feat I think. Their song is Estelle's "American Boy". I have read on other sites that the group was actually lip-syncing the song. It looked fairly natural to me. I think it started out rough but got better as they sang even though I am not wild about this song.

Results - 2/25/10 930608 Okay the first elimination is upon us with Ryan asking the back row of girls to stand.

Siobhan Magnus is safe
Haeley Vaughn is safe (I start shaking my head from side to side at this point)
Michelle Delamor is safe
Katelyn Epperly is safe

That leaves Janell Wheeler and Katie Stevens in the hot seat. I am so not happy when I see that Janell has been axed from the competition. I do think she had potential. Janell is gracious with her final comments and then sings her failure song choice of "What About Love". Sadly it was not good the second time around either.

wiggle Now comes one who has gone through this before as Allison Iraheta takes the stage to sing her latest single release off her debut album. The song is called "Scars". Allison is wearing an off the wall black outfit but looks quite pretty with her long red hair I thought. As for the song, I did not care for it but then I was quite disappointed with her whole album because I do think she can sing but definitely picked not very good songs to showcase her talent. After her performance she spends a few minutes chatting with Ryan and frankly speaking she appeared to be kind of erratic to me.

Results - 2/25/10 930608 Back to the eliminations as now comes the front row of the girls.

Paige Miles is safe
Lacey Brown is safe
Lilly Scott is safe
Crystal Bowersox is safe

Here comes my first victory on who should leave as Didi Benami looking like a rag doll with her outfit stands next to Ashley Rodriguez who is dressed very business like. Going home is Ashley who can barely control her emotions. It shows as she sings "Happy" which she was not and the song sounded worse than the time before.

Before we get to the first of the guys eliminations, we get to see a short clip of Tyler Grady going to rehearsal in a bathrobe and boots. He says he wanted to be comfortable but did not realize this was the main rehearsal. Yeah, sure Grady. Another stand up of the back row.

Mike Lynche is safe
John Park is safe
Aaron Kelly is safe
Todrick Hall is safe

That leaves Tim Urban and Joe Munoz. America certainly gets this one wrong by sending Joe Munoz home. Tim shows his shock when he sees he gets another chance. I was very sorry to see Joe go home but do understand because we have seen hardly anything of his time on idol. However I felt he should have been given another chance. Joe is gracious also with his comments before he performs "You and I Both" once again. This time it was definitely better I think.

Results - 2/25/10 839840 On April 21st, American Idol will broadcast it's special show called "Idol Gives Back". A number of companies have already jumped on board with Exxon and AT&T being in the mix. Ryan thanks them in advance before we see clips of the recent trip that Kris Allen made to Haiti. Kris is shown distributing food and water plus connecting with some of the kids of this ravaged country. Kris then sings "Let It Be" and we know that all proceeds from the downloads of this song will go to the people of Haiti. Kris did a nice job and I am sure his fans will love it. One last note before we go on: Numerous organizations are taking collections for Haiti and I strongly urge you to give if you can. Thanks!

Results - 2/25/10 930608 The front row of the remaining guys stand up to hear their fate.

Casey James is safe (this was a shoe-in for sure)
Jermaine Sellers is safe (I'm back to shaking my head on this one)
Lee DeWyze is safe
Andrew Garcia is safe (another sure bet)

That leaves Tyler Grady and Alex Lambert with Tyler being the next casualty to leave the competition. Alex looks overwhelmed that he escaped elimination. Tyler gives his thoughts and not very graciously as he basically blames the judges for not giving him constructive critism during Hollywood week so he could do better. Get real dude, you just can not sing that good!

Next we get to see clips of the four eliminated contestants and their journey on idol. In case you were wondering what the song is that plays as the contestants leave I have the scoop. The song is called "Leave Right Now" by Will Young who was the winner of the 1st season of Britain's Pop Idol. This single was a big hit for Will in the U. K off his second album entitled "Friday's Child".

Ryan lets us know that next week the format will be the same with the girls going first on Tuesday, guys on Wednesday and results on Thursday. Tyler closes the show singing "American Woman".

Results - 2/25/10 201170 My final thoughts are that next week the remaining contestants better take heed and pick better songs to showcase their talents.

That's a wrap folks and I wish you a great week ahead!

Results - 2/25/10 396979
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Results - 2/25/10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 2/25/10   Results - 2/25/10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 11:04 am

I was certainly heartbroken to see that Janell Wheeler was sent home. Like you CC, I really liked this girl and thought she had lots of potential. Raised my eyebrows altittle when the next victim was Ashley. She was another who may have done better with time on the stage. IDK, it was the vote of America.
I about fell out off my bed when Tim Urban was safe and Joe Munoz was sent home. OMG, noooooooooooooooooo! That's where American truly got it all wrong. I guess this is a good example of what sympathy votes can do for you. I was so glad Tyler Grady went home because, quite honestly, he just doesn't sing that well. No matter how much critism the judges would have given him.

I liked seeing Allison back on the Idol stage. She looked so cute and very relaxed as she sang her new single. I'm with you CC. Wasn't too thrilled with the song. It did nothing to show off the talent of this amazing young lady. I absolutely enjoyed Kris Allen's performance. It was incredably touching. And I agree.....it you can, by all means, give what you can to any of the organizations helping Haiti. I gave my last $5 to the American Red Cross. It was an awesome feeling. :)

So looking forward to next week. I hope American gets it right better than they did this past week.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com

Results - 2/25/10
Page 1 of 1